• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II King's & Prince's Editions revealed (Game will have a season pass)

Just watch, we're all gonna get the King's edition directly from the bandai namco website and half of them will be cancelled because PlayCanada snatches them all up again.

silva1991

Prince edition will be mine.

I might consider King's edition if it's as cheap as Persona 5's take your heart edition.
lol I know it won't...

SxP

Season pass... I'll probably wait for the Complete Edition then, or whenever the game + season pass reaches a good price on PSN.

levyjl1988

Banned
The release date for this game is on: January 19, 2018
I wonder when preorder windows will be up. Hopefully, there will be enough.

Freddo

Hmm, might go for the Prince's Edition. I hope the "making of" documentary show some interesting stuff and isn't just a bunch of PR talk like so many other "making of" game documentaries.

EDIT: Both editions cost more than I'm willing to pay, so I guess I just wait for a PS Store sale.

Exentryk

Make these special editions for PC as well =/

Wasn't expecting a season pass, but if they add significant content (new areas, substantial story), then I'll jump on it.

OmegaDL50

This franchise doesn't need a Season Pass. :/

Considering the first game had special DLC familiars that were only available in Japan through certain retailers. One of them being exclusive to a strategy guide purchase and still you did not get duplicates either so it was impossible to see both growth paths of these familiars on a single save file.

If the Season Pass means the prevention of content being spread out like the previous game and completely missable / exclusive to specific regions or retail chains. Then I prefer this method of DLC release.

BBboy20

Bandai Namco will use the excellent Digital River like last time's Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition, right?

. . .

EDIT: Good news, apparently BN doesn't use them to process orders off their site anymore.
Thank the bejesus jesus. Closest fucking thing to having a war flashback.

Too bad for a season pass, hopefully the content is worth it. I have no desire to get collector edition but I'm a sucker for meaty making of, hopefully you can buy it as a standalone.
RPGs are usually meaty.

I never finished Ni No Kuni nor do I know how close I got -
I got the Dragon for flying around on I remember
- but this is looking pretty sweet. Don't care about super duper collectors editions but that one looks nice :D

Shahed

A season pass? Sigh. I hate revisting games and prety much never do it, even on games I love like Witcher III and soon for Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda. I Iike to play everything the game offers and then be done with it. The nature of Season Passes means all the content I want to play won't be out for several months ir even a year.

So in effect this has gone from a Day One purchase when the gane launches, to a Day One purchase whenever all the Season Pass content is released or a GOTY/Complete edition is out

Azusa

Season Pass.? Not again. Season Pass is gambling.

You never know what content they release and when and it could be so bad that it wasn't worth to get it in the first place. So sad that even such niche japanese game has season pass now.

sublimit

Banned
Season pass comes with the weaker limited edition? I don't expect it'll be very big or expensive then.

It's also included in the King's edition.

Man the King's edition is looking good but knowing Bamco i'm sure it will be overpriced as hell.

Very nice editions, actually tempted by the premium (Kings) edition for a change, normally I just go for the steelbook version, without the extra stuff (and cost) but it does look better than most premium editions.

Snazzy

Neo Member
Namco did NOTHING to correct the fucking fiasco that occurred with the preorders for the first game's special edition. I'll buy this used 3 years from now to make sure they don't get a dime from me.

Audioboxer

Dat vinyl.

Dat Kings Edition.

Dat incoming cost and rarity.

*Scalpers excitement intensifies*

Please don't gimp the EU version.

prateeko

I'm just going ahead and assuming this will be a pain to get.

Anyone know of any Discord or Line groups that alert people to when CE/LEs are posted for pre-order? I'd love to lock one of these bad boys down

Dat vinyl.

Dat Kings Edition.

Dat incoming cost and rarity.

*Scalpers excitement intensifies*

Please don't gimp the EU version.

There is a PEGI logo on the boxart. I think this is the EU version. So hopefully they stopped with the inferior CEs for Europe.

Audioboxer

There is a PEGI logo on the boxart. I think this is the EU version. So hopefully they stopped with the inferior CEs for Europe.

Well spotted.

Next complaint, they probably deleted the post as quickly as it's going to sell out. To which something like 40% will end up back on Ebay xD

Top Bottom