• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage will star in new Left Behind film

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ristian-apocalypse-movie-left-behind-20140129 (Clip in link)

In case you forgot, this remake/reboot is an adaptation of the apocalyptic Christian-themed books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, which are best known for being a hit with kind of folks who really like religious movies starring Kirk Cameron (he featured in the God-approved trilogy of movies). Somehow, the filmmakers of that original trilogy managed to snare Cage for this new take, presumably by promising him Superman memorabilia or something. Anyway, veteran stuntman Vic Armstrong (everything from "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" to "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit") is given the thankless task of directing this movie—about a group of survivors following the Rapture—and the results are Cage-ian.

"If she's going to run off with another man, why not Jesus?"

left-behind-poster.jpg

obin_gam

I saw the trilogy during my religion course at uni. They were completely bonkers. Great flicks to watch with friends while drunk though :D

studyguy

The only exposure I have to Left Behind is the PC game that game with a copy of what I thought was the Bible, but apparently it's the book. It was an RTS and basically had you play as some random group of sinners left behind or something.... I can't remember.

Rich!

wait

Vic Armstrong...is directing a film? I mean, he's a fucking amazing second unit director and stuntman, but I'm not sure how he'd fare as a main director (assuming this is his debut).

Sorcerer

I though 2013 was the year of Nic Cage making a serious comeback.

The Crood's

Frozen Ground

Joe

Why would he throw some cred away for this?

zma1013

Knowing what I know about Cage, this kick-ass adaptation will be the next national treasure in movie history. People will drive angry and face-off to get tickets that will most likely be gone in 60 seconds when this movie comes out.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is this supposed to be a comedy or something? That clip is weird. And why is the article so insanely salty? I don't get it.

I thought I forgot about Left Behind, but hearing the news reminds me of how ubiquitous the series once was. Glad that Cage gets to ham this one up...I hope...

The poster makes it look like it's a survival thriller where Cage's plane crashes in the desert and he's left alone to his own devices as he's the only survivor.

DarkFlow

Banned
Fun Fact, I once went to a crazy party at one of the authors houses in Colorado Springs. His son was a party animal, there was more booze and crazy women then I've ever seen in my life. Plus he had a cool basketball court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom