• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage will star in new Left Behind film

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerSnob

Is he playing Nicolas Cage? Because that would be great. Just have him play himself, part time actor, part time jet pilot, part time fucking lunatic, part time octopus trainer.

inm8num2

left_behind__span.jpg

source: Badass Digest

Retro

Someone please tell me that poster is fake, before I rattle off the multitude of things on it that are wretched.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What timeline does this take place in the Nicholas Cage canon? Same as Raising Arizona and Ghost Rider?

Prologue

I really liked him in the National Treasure movies, surprised the third hasn't come out yet considering the other ones made bank.

Chichikov

Can't wait for the inevitable Lionel Mandrake thread.

Also, holy shit, there are 16 of these books?
And the villain is fashioned after Ceausescu?
And Cage's character is called Rayford Steele?

I hope they go full Wicker Man.

Killua

It looks like a SyFy original film. For being a remake it doesn't look much better than the Kirk Cameron version.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It looks like a SyFy original film. For being a remake it doesn't look much better than the Kirk Cameron version.

I'm wondering if the authors will hate this version, because they didn't care at all for the Cameron ones. The third film isn't even based on one of the books.

inm8num2

Still waiting for National Treasure 3 to come out.

This is gonna be the best Ghost Rider film so far.

It looks like they shopped his head on to Travolta's body...

Could this film actually be converging the different movies and characters from the Cage Cinematic Universe (CCU)? National Treasure, Ghost Rider, Face-Off...we might be witnessing the most epic, grandiose, elaborately planned world building of all time in film.

rjinaz

So... was Left Behind a legit good book? I coulda swore my unread copy is in the box somewhere.

When I was big into Christian religion about a decade ago, I read the entire series. I enjoyed the books. If you're not Christian religious, I do think you can still enjoy them if you think of them as fantasy. Honestly they are really different enough than anything else that's out there that it can be easy to get into them.

Not sure I'll see this in the theatre, but I'll definitely have to check this movie out. The old movies were pretty cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom