• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE + 60fps confirmed

They need to fix the swords floating a foot off the back of the character it looks like shit.

Also hope it's not 4 hrs long like transformers, I think this dev has way too many irons in the fire.

zxcv11223300xi

Neo Member
61e40c54d5.png

Will be epic.

Golnei

Also hope it's not 4 hrs long like transformers, I think this dev has way too many irons in the fire.

Transformers had a completely different sort of budget and dev cycle, on top of being in a different genre. I don't think the length is going to be much of a concern; especially with additional paths and multiple endings being all but guaranteed.

Hektor

They need to fix the swords floating a foot off the back of the character it looks like shit.

Its not a bug. and does not need fixing.

And its not going to be 4 hours long either, you can be 100000% sure of that.

Why is exclusivity even being discussed. It's only coming to PS4. God knows what will happen in the future, but they haven't hinted at anything otherwise so what's the point in platform discussion? It's just irrelevant at this point. Same shit happened in the FFVII remake thread, although that was understandable since it was announced as 'First on PS4'.

Because they hintend at the opposite and exclusivity circlejerkers started crying.

Wagram

Seeing some whining online over Nier A potentially being not exclusive. For fucks sake man, if it has the posibility of increasing Nier's success as a franchise then do it. Stop this "I want a better exclusive list" nonsense.

longdi

Banned
I have a ps4, but would rather play on my powderful pc with ssd.

I bought nier for cheaps from Amazon clearance, boy was it the most memorable ps3 game for me...the music and the back story is like going back to the grandest 16bit jrpg era.

why do people keep saying this
1) she doesnt have a holster, shes a robot. probably magnets keeping them held ,who gives a shit.
2) the game is already confirmed to be open world and similar in structure to a zelda game, has 3 different playable characters and is going to be a big ambitious jrpg

Come on people, let the exclusivity talk go.

We're getting a sequel to NIER. Who, in their wildest dreams ever imagined this would be happening?

Let's just celebrate we're actually getting a new entry and that this could just be the start...we might even get a third entry if this sells well enough.

Rejoice brothers and sisters. REJOICE!

Yeah pretty much how I feel!

Gbraga

I love the swords on her back. If they were just floating it would be weird, but the moment I saw them and the magic bullshit keeping them there, as well as the way they use the magic bullshit excuse to place the weapons in a way that wouldn't work otherwise, I was more than fine with it. Looks great to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cerulily

If you notice the gold rings around the swords near the top are what hold onto them for her.

Seeing some whining online over Nier A potentially being not exclusive. For fucks sake man, if it has the posibility of increasing Nier's success as a franchise then do it. Stop this "I want a better exclusive list" nonsense.

Yup, that's really stupid. Especially with Nier 1 being multiplatform.

Golnei

I love the swords on her back. If they were just floating it would be weird, but the moment I saw them and the magic bullshit keeping them there, as well as the way they use the magic bullshit excuse to place the weapons in a way that wouldn't work otherwise, I was more than fine with it. Looks great to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though the rings admittedly are a little simple, visually; whereas Raiden's sheath in MGR was a lot more involved. The idea is fine, but hopefully they have the time to add a few more visual flourishes to make it look more natural - accentuating their independent movement and weight even when they're not in use, for example.

Can you outline the posts that whine about this ?

People just discussing the options, what is the problem ?

yeah but didn't multiple posts here confirmed that is why precisely this time it is not multiplatform?

apparently X360 version sold like shit compare to PS3.

Yes, it was probably something like 2/3 vs 1/3

When keeping it CERO A goes wrong

The swords floating is clearly intentional, and it's pretty ironic to criticize a game designed for multiple playthroughs when so was Nier.

I'm thinking you're gonna hate this game

jett

D-Member
I'm constantly relieved that I have yet to think that about a PS3 game. I can still look at games like Demon's Souls and Folklore and remain in awe.

Can you remain in awe while playing Nier? I'm playing it right now, for the first time. Thing looks like a PS2 game. Kinda fun though, about five hours in. Still not really experienced anything amazing story-wise, but there was a neat "text adventure" moment that I just went through. :p

Can you remain in awe while playing Nier? I'm playing it right now, for the first time. Thing looks like a PS2 game. Kinda fun though, about five hours in. Still not really experienced anything amazing story-wise, but there was a neat "text adventure" moment that I just went through. :p

Can you make a LTTP thread? You playing Nier 1 is a popcorn opportunity. We should do a poll as to whether you'll end up grudgingly loving it and getting all the endings, or at which part the game's quirks finally make you say fuck it and watch the endings on youtube

I'm not shitting on you here at all, I legitimately have no clue how you're going to like it because honestly it's such a clunky mess 90% of the time and I'm curious about your progress

Philippo

I hope that this time we get more than 3 types of weapons, as well as wider spells variety.

The ideal would be being able to try multiple viable builds and still retain the crazy fast combinations.

Mar Nosso

Banned
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT NIER!!!

Whew, feels good getting that off my chest! Ahahah

Really excited to play this game. It should arrive in 3 to 5 days. Used but in excellent condition, bought it on ebay.

And after watching that gameplay trailer for Automata, I'm really excited to get the sequel too when it comes out. Such a scrumptious 60 fps fluidity to it! Good times!

And the soundtracks, oh lordy! I'm sure I'll love it! :)

Golnei

I hope that this time we get more than 3 types of weapons, as well as wider spells variety.

The ideal would be being able to try multiple viable builds and still retain the crazy fast combinations.

Considering even Drakengard 3 offered more than 3 types of weapon, I think that's fairly likely. Though we also don't know how different the 3 playable characters are in terms of moveset - they might have their own weapon types, or they might retain the same core weapon moves, but have replacements for Pod that differ in function.

As a person that's new to the Nier franchise, people asking questions about aspects of the game/world/lore/combat, common knowledge to series' veterans, has been informative, especially the swords floating away via magic and not a common bug. Thanks for asking questions

jett

D-Member
Can you make a LTTP thread? You playing Nier 1 is a popcorn opportunity. We should do a poll as to whether you'll end up grudgingly loving it and getting all the endings, or at which part the game's quirks finally make you say fuck it and watch the endings on youtube

I'm not shitting on you here at all, I legitimately have no clue how you're going to like it because honestly it's such a clunky mess 90% of the time and I'm curious about your progress

lol

I see. I'll start a LTTP thread, I had already written down some early impressions. Maybe I'll update it from time to time.

wmlk

The text adventures were tremendous. Best part in the game.

And the layering music with the text adventures? Oh man.

Top Bottom