• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
OKAY... i think my game is already glitched... i watched a video... and there should be a prompt to check something....
The TOOLBOX
but the prompt never appear.... what should i do? Am i doomed and should i restart the game from the beginning?

I have the same problem. What is going on?

EDIT: I did start the game before it was finished downloading... I had to leave the game running in the background and put the console to sleep to let it finish so I could get past the please wait for game to finish downloading dialog screen.

pezzie

This is a really bad bug that is caused when you played the game before it is finished downloading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comme...ms_bugged_in_my_game/?st=izijanl6&sh=34a5db06

You may have to restart.

EDIT: Please add to the OP in bold DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE THE FULL GAME FINISHES DOWNLOADING (check through Notifications > Downloads). THERE IS A POTENTIALLY GAME BREAKING BUG IF YOU DO. The game is playable at 10gb downloaded, but wait for the full 48gb to download before launching.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is a really bad bug that is caused when you played the game before it is finished downloading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comme...ms_bugged_in_my_game/?st=izijanl6&sh=34a5db06

You may have to restart.

EDIT: Please add to the OP in bold DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE THE FULL GAME FINISHES DOWNLOADING (check through Notifications > Downloads). THERE IS A POTENTIALLY GAME BREAKING BUG IF YOU DO. The game is playable at 10gb downloaded, but wait for the full 48gb to download before launching.

WTF?? Ugh I need to play the intro again??

Does anything you get in the intro carry over to the real game? Can I just blow through it not bothering to look for loot/collectibles?

Sorry if I'm a bit out of topic, but what's the cheapest way to get this game? I mean cheapest Asian store/place to buy its PSN cards.

Thanks.

You may have to restart.

welp... guess i have to restart... I Shouldn't have explored the open world before that... i lost a lot of time for nothing, like 3 hours, raaah

Kureizu

You may have to restart.

Yep, this just happened to me. Guess I'll just play the intro on normal quickly and switch to hard when I''m done.

Drewfonse

I'm new to GAF. What's expected from me? Like a review, spoilers... no spoilers? Technical gameplay mechanics?

I find it to be very favourable if that's what you guys are wondering. I'm in love with the game.

I was just messing with ya. But yeah, general impressions of gameplay, combat, immersion, graphics, etc. Glad you're loving it.

pezzie

Sorry if I'm a bit out of topic, but what's the cheapest way to get this game? I mean cheapest Asian store/place to buy its PSN cards.

Thanks.

I think a lot of us are going through the HK PSN store and buying the play-asia HK PSN card. Game costs $428HKD there.

Thanks.
Play-Asia for 500 HKD. From the PSN store buy the Japanese/English version that costs around 430 HKD (you need to create a different account for that).

You may have to restart.

So what exactly must I erase? All the 45 gb or juste the save data from the Playstation interface?

pezzie

So what exactly must I erase? All the 45 gb or juste the save data from the Playstation interface?

Just the save data I think. I haven't tried it yet, I hit that bug before I went to work so I won't be able to confirm til I get off, but I think people are recommending erasing the save data and starting a new game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I would say don't listen to people here bout the length, we don't know if they were playing side quests and if you have played the first Nier or any platinum game before, you should know that to see the entire content of the game you have to replay it and it will be fun because if you enjoy platinum games, this should be the same.

I's also add that if you look at Wesley's Trophy list (*warning* spoilers), you'll see that he's still a fair way from Platinuming the game. Kudos to him for beating 3 cycles in 21 hours, but there's evidently still loads left to do.

As a fan of the first game I know I'm gonna obsessively do absolutely everything because Yoko has a habit of burying some of the most interesting/amusing side-content way deep.

Just the save data I think. I haven't tried it yet, I hit that bug before I went to work so I won't be able to confirm til I get off, but I think people are recommending erasing the save data and starting a new game.

welp, i'l try it, will go on easy to be faster, but god that pisses me off!

snake2531

Neo Member
So this will be my first Yoko Taro game and I feel like I sort of understand the flow of the game, at least ending wise. But does side quest completion carry over to ng+?

ChazGW7

So many people complaining about starting the game again after only doing the intro...

Is the intro to the game bad or something? I'm not seeing that much positivity about the game overall considering the amount of people that are finally playing it...

longdi

Banned
Is the game good? Long? Short? Steam sales purchase?

Some impressions are making me unsure now...maybe the OT title brings misfortune to Yoko?

SilentRob

So many people complaining about starting the game again after only doing the intro...

Is the intro to the game bad or something? I'm not seeing that much positivity about the game overall considering the amount of people that are finally playing it...

The demo is the intro, plus a short scene at the beginning.

pezzie

I just wanna sit on my butt for 25 hours playing platinum and yoko game at the same time, is that to much to ask. );

It was my birthday yesterday. Everyone was all "Let's get together this weekend! We can have some fun, go grab dinner" and all I'm thinking is "I just want to sit at home and play Nier all weekend".

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

The intro is fantastic, but it is the exact same content as the demo. Which I've already played through three times.

The game is amazing, what I saw post-demo before the save glitch was incredibly promising. I just want to play past the intro, thus griping about having to do it all over again.

True Fire

Some impressions are making me unsure now...maybe the OT title brings misfortune to Yoko?

The game is amazing. Gameplay is polished af and the story is about as Yoko as I expected (there's a few pearl-clutching moments).

Downsides are that the game is 10 hours long for Ending A, and most Yoko newcomers don't understand the fact that replaying his games is a basic requirement.

I'm pretty sure Automata is destined to be niche only because no one will bother getting the alternative stories, which is where the real meat is.

pezzie

From everything I played of the game so far, it is really really good, and I haven't even hit the crazy story stuff yet. I'm expecting even more.

I won't be able to say for sure until I get further, but this game has the potential to crack my top 10 list of all time if it keeps up with where I think it's going. Which is crazy for this year because I also expect Persona 5 to possibly crack my top 10 as well.

The intro is fantastic, but it is the exact same content as the demo. Which I've already played through three times.

The game is amazing, what I saw post-demo before the save glitch was incredibly promising. I just want to play past the intro, thus griping about having to do it all over again.
It's actually not the same as the demo, the bosses has new moves and different ai, and one of the optional enemies waves is changed. Not to mention the extreme damage value adjustment.

You may have to restart.

I restarted the game... i can check the toolbox just fine and progress... but now the sidequest at the beginning
In the bunker, when a soldier ask me to retieve B11 memory in the factory
disappeared... the NPC isn't there... is it normal?

Should i just completely erase the game and redo IT?

The game is amazing. Gameplay is polished af and the story is about as Yoko as I expected (there's a few pearl-clutching moments).

Downsides are that the game is 10 hours long for Ending A, and most Yoko newcomers don't understand the fact that replaying his games is a basic requirement.

I'm pretty sure Automata is destined to be niche only because no one will bother getting the alternative stories, which is where the real meat is.
Action games are designed to be re played, so the hardcore are going to appreciate the extra content. Playthrough 1 of an action game is the tutorial, ideally 2 is the warm up and then three is "the real game" DMD/master ninja etc.

Gbraga

Action games are designed to be re played, so the hardcore are going to appreciate the extra content. Playthrough 1 of an action game is the tutorial, ideally 2 is the warm up and then three is "the real game" DMD/master ninja etc.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Ironically, people in it purely for Platinum action are the ones that are more likely to appreciate the post-ending A content. They're all used to replaying games just for the combat, so when it turns out there's new cutscenes and story context in route B, they'll really enjoy that.

pezzie

I restarted the game... i can check the toolbox just fine and progress... but now the sidequest at the beginning

That I have no idea. I haven't heard of that one before.

From everything I played of the game so far, it is really really good, and I haven't even hit the crazy story stuff yet. I'm expecting even more.

I won't be able to say for sure until I get further, but this game has the potential to crack my top 10 list of all time if it keeps up with where I think it's going. Which is crazy for this year because I also expect Persona 5 to possibly crack my top 10 as well.

My man. This, and Persona 5 will make this year legendary for me.

So I bought a psn card from Play Asia, and 25 minutes later still no code for me.

Maybe I'm missing something, the page looks like this:
y1XqGFJ.png

Is this normal? And sorry if I'm oot.

JayEH

She'll be there later.

pezzie

So I bought a psn card from Play Asia, and 25 minutes later still no code for me.

Maybe I'm missing something, the page looks like this:

Is this normal? And sorry if I'm oot.

Not sure, I got my code like 1 minute after I placed the order. Maybe they're just behind right now? I'd contact them if you don't have your code in like the next half hour.

Top Bottom