• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Caim

So I bought a psn card from Play Asia, and 25 minutes later still no code for me.

Maybe I'm missing something, the page looks like this:

Is this normal? And sorry if I'm oot.

Yeah it should update with a screenshot of the code.

Sometimes its instant and other times it'll be like 15-30 minutes.

pezzie

This is a really bad bug that is caused when you played the game before it is finished downloading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comme...ms_bugged_in_my_game/?st=izijanl6&sh=34a5db06

You may have to restart.

EDIT: Please add to the OP in bold DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE THE FULL GAME FINISHES DOWNLOADING (check through Notifications > Downloads). THERE IS A POTENTIALLY GAME BREAKING BUG IF YOU DO. The game is playable at 10gb downloaded, but wait for the full 48gb to download before launching.

Quoting this for new page. This is kind of important.

Neolith

just popping in here for some impressions on the story. Please tell me, is this game is as upbeat and happy as the first Nier?

Now that this game is basically out. How likely is it that these will follow?

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

sensui-tomo

Now that this game is basically out. How likely is it that these will follow?

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

Nobody would want to play drakengard 1 unless it got a huge overhaul. It plays like a less functional Dynasty Warriors 2. Nier and D3 would be better picks since the hardware would probably help the games out.

Isn't this game out in March? why is there an OT out?
Out in english in japan and in the Asia regions. So there isnt really a need for an import thread since the game is fully available in the english language.

This game is crazy, there are so many moments where it feels like there is a gameplay choice that can be made especially with all these
non-hostile ennemies or non-hostile bosses (before you engage

I live in constant fear that Yoko Taro will make me
ashamed of my deeds

Anoxida

Will most likely end up buying this tomorrow if impressions hold up and the
C,D ending actually being very different from A/B. I was really dissapointed hearing B was basically A with some more dialogue but I can power through that as long as C/D is different.

LotusHD

Banned
I'll take the L here.

Was just concerned that it would give people who didn't try the demo the impression that it sucked. :eek:

If anything, I'd like to believe it gets more people to come in here and question why that's the OT, not just assume the game sucks and be on their merry way. I mean, I know it's the internet, but surely they have to perceive it being some sort of inside joke lol

V3rt1go

Guys, the npc at the camp is asking me for some items to fix the toolbox or something.

I have all the other materials but after more than an hour I still can't find one: SMALL GEAR.

It's in the first open area.

tjlee2

Neo Member
I would like to ask about the combat:

-From what I know, there are four types of weapons; sword, greatsword, h2h, and spear. Given that there is L/H loadout and you can use the same type for combinations, you have (4x4=) 16 fairly unique load out types.

Has there been any variation in moveset within a particular weapon type, or are the differences purely numerics and visually?

-Many had already asked about enemy variety, which from what I understand is fairly similar in design, but there is a decent amount of difference in their movesets?, I would like to also ask if set-piece encounters are well done, as in if the environment is used well or if most forced encounters are in single level room with plenty of space.

Thank you.

Hektor

I would like to ask about the combat:

-From what I know, there are four types of weapons; sword, greatsword, h2h, and spear. Given that there is L/H loadout and you can use the same type for combinations, you have (4x4=) 16 fairly unique load out types.

Has there been any variation in moveset within a particular weapon type, or are the differences purely numerics and visually?

-Many had already asked about enemy variety, which from what I understand is fairly similar in design, but there is a decent amount of difference in their movesets?, I would like to also ask if set-piece encounters are well done, as in if the environment is used well or if most forced encounters are in single level room with plenty of space.

Thank you.

Yes, different swords have some different movesets. At least those few that i own thus far. No idea about the other weapon types yet.

The enemy variety in terms of gameplay is definitely big, they all have different attacks and abilities.

But there is a fuckton of different enemy types, so there's often still some overleap between certain enemies of similar bodysize, but generally speaking, there's a lot of variety imho

Set piece fights are so and so.

Some are really just closed of circular arenas, but others are amazing

If you're curios to hear about one

One has you fighting enemies on a moving assembly line while machines of the factory are stomping down everywhere

But overall speaking, it's more arena than stuff like the on in the spoilertag, percentually speaking

Question: the enemies are the same in the whole game?

If you mean wether it's robots the whole game, the answer is yes. Based on the first 16 hours.

Without spoilers, how is it?

16 hours in, it lives up to my extremely high expectations for the most part, that said, the story so far is one big mistery, it's hard to have an opinion about it where i'm at.

So what do you need to do to get the other endings? Play the whole game again or some hours again or something completely different? How many hours to A?

Just curious, haven't played a Yoko Taro game outside of a bit of Nier 1, but that game looks great and I liked the demo. Story and OST were pretty great in Nier, but the gameplay wasn't , this game could pull it off und put everything together.

Tigress

Ok, I keep hearing about this game (didn't even know it existed until reading Horizon threads).

As some one who likes RPGs of many different types ( for example every main game in the Fallout series yes including 4 but survival mode is what saved 4 for me, JRPGs, Persona, Horizon, Wasteland 2, xcom though I found it got too hard for me but I still enjoyed it, just couldn't finish it, Witcher 3, Witcher 2), likes some challenge to combat but sucks at games (especially ones that require good timing, my reflexes suck), likes good story but as long as the game is fun and the story is adequate I can be fine, do you think this game would be for me? Oh yeah and I'm a sucker for post apocalyse stories of all types (though I prefer it be due to something that humankind did to itself rather than random tragedy).

So far it looks interesting to me and I'm more leaning towards getting it once I'm done with Horizon (and maybe once I finish another playthrough of TLOU cause I'm starting to feel like I want to play that again but I can put that off cause the longer I wait to do that, the less I'll remember the story and I'd rather not remember it well when I replay it so it can be kinda newish to me).

LotusHD

Banned
Ok, I keep hearing about this game (didn't even know it existed until reading Horizon threads).

As some one who likes RPGs of many different types ( for example every main game in the Fallout series yes including 4 but survival mode is what saved 4 for me, JRPGs, Persona, Horizon, Wasteland 2, xcom though I found it got too hard for me but I still enjoyed it, just couldn't finish it), likes some challenge to combat but sucks at games (especially ones that require good timing, my reflexes suck), likes good story but as long as the game is fun and the story is adequate I can be fine, do you think this game would be for me? Oh yeah and I'm a sucker for post apocalyse stories of all types (though I prefer it be due to something that humankind did to itself rather than random tragedy).

So far it looks interesting to me and I'm more leaning towards getting it once I'm done with Horizon (and maybe once I finish another playthrough of TLOU cause I'm starting to feel like I want to play that again but I can put that off cause the longer I wait to do that, the less I'll remember the story and I'd rather not remember it well when I replay it so it can be kinda newish to me).

This game is highly accessible even if you suck at games. I mean, its Easy Mode even gives you the option to equip yourself with chips that automatically attack and what not for you.

Have you tried the demo as of yet? By playing it, I'm pretty sure you'd know by the time you're done if it's for you or not.

Tigress

This game is highly accessible even if you suck at games. I mean, its Easy Mode even gives you the option to equip yourself with chips that automatically attack and what not for you.

Have you tried the demo as of yet? By playing it, I'm pretty sure you'd know by the time you're done if it's for you or not.

Ah, I forgot it had a demo already, duh... that's how I found out that Dying light was very playable to me (it looked interesting but looked exactly like the kind of game I'd get frustrated with). I gotta get around to downloading that (maybe before I get sucked into Horizon, heh).

LotusHD

Banned
Ah, I forgot it had a demo already, duh... that's how I found out that Dying light was very playable to me (it looked interesting but looked exactly like the kind of game I'd get frustrated with). I gotta get around to downloading that (maybe before I get sucked into Horizon, heh).

Please do, it doesn't take that long to beat, and honestly, it's pretty damn good.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this before in the thread but I think it's important:

The demo makes you really really powerful to show how great the action part can be when properly set up.

The real game however is MUCH more RPG. Your relative strength is determined by a good mix of your level, your weapon level and what chips you are using and how leveled up those chips are.

Top Bottom