• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Jiraiza

I'm not really talking about new content. Is there a story reason to when you beat the game (ending a), that you need to replay it again.

Well, I would assume so but I don't know what the other endings are like.

On another note, NG+ has an amazing start.

How did you get H L and T
?

If you desert in the middle of a story quest, you can get one of them. Having trouble remembering the other ones. I think T is the OS chip removal ending. I also just got the G ending, too.

addik

Already played 2 hours of this and man everything plays so smooth, there's a lot of content to trudge through, the music is superb, and the story is moving along nicely.

This has some GOTY potential so far

Famassu

Would you give a impression or score after clear all?
Amazon JP already drop to 3.0/5, really hope it git gud
Amazon JP reviews can be very hyperbolic in their hate or let petty issues affect their review scores disproportionately. Not sure why you'd follow that average so closely.

jiggles

Banned
I'm loving this, but it stutters a little on my Pro. Are they pushing the resolution a shade too far or is it the same on the regular PS4?

EdmondD

I think that from the demo it looks much more like an action game.

Yeah, it's definitely action heavy but they also locked off a lot of the rpg stuff in the demo. I'm just saying don't expect to have as many crazy combos and stuff like in bayonetta or dmc. The combat still seems great though and there was a lot of cool stuff you could do even in the limited demo. Someone who actually has the game can probably give a better answer I'm just going off the demo.

Urgh died again vs first boss , normals gonna be boring and hard mode is taking 30 minute hard reset, cause of this one shot.
It's not even like it's hard, been a long ass day and my mind just ain't ready for a stray boss bullet to kill me .

Anoxida

Lol wtf.. I get a this service is currently undergoing maintenance when trying to add my HK dollar code.

Edit: worked any way. Will play this game first thing in the morning.

Slaythe

Have we gotten an answer to how different the routes are ?

Like what changes without too much spoiler.

Is it just some narrative changes or the gameplay / bosses / quests / dungeons change ?

Why don't you do it on normal and then crank it up when you actually unlock the ability to save? AFAIK there isn't an achievement on anything that you will miss
It's aight I fucked him up, but I'd find this seriously frustrating if I hadn't done very hard a lot in demo,I can't wait to play very hard in the future, but right now I just wanna see the game.

Jiraiza

Have we gotten an answer to how different the routes are ?

Like what changes without too much spoiler.

Is it just some narrative changes or the gameplay / bosses / quests / dungeons change ?

So far there's been a perspective change in New Game+.

Ending F... Maybe it's actually going to
spell out the whole alphabet
. That's a lot of endings even if 90% of them are jokes.

hotpocket

Neo Member
I think I've just encountered a progress breaking bug very early in the game. When I went to the resistance camp for the first time, and it has me talk to the weapons dude it wont let me select his toolbox to see that it is broken, and every time I talk to him after he repeats the dialogue about his toolbox being broken and he is still my main objective.

I tried going back to the bunker, restarting the game, and walked around the open world for a bit, and its still broken.

edit: I found this which is probably the cause https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/5vq5zg/psa_do_not_start_the_jp_version_of_the_game/ I'm just going to restart and I can get back to that location in an hour

i don't know about you guys, but i really don't like the new singer on some songs, like
Desert housing

Emi evans is way better

How many songs is Evans doing? With how much they downplayed her appearance in this game it makes me think she just did two or something pathetic like that... :(
She was a massive part of why the first game's OST was so good.

Do you prefer it this way?

Honestly, it may be too early for me make a call on this, but my gut impression is yes.

The action is still platinum, and thanks to all the possible weapon combinations, hidden moves, etc, it still impresses on a base level. The RPG side of things (chips, customization, weapon upgrades, weapon stories, exp, etc), however, feels like it adds a ton to the already great, base gameplay that Platinum has crafted - like, it gives you a reason to want to upgrade the weapons, to care about overall progression, upgrades, etc. At least, more so than you would if it was simply another character action game.

I mean, I'm only 2 hours into the game, so take it with salt, but while the solid action takes a bit of a backseat, it certainly fills a gap from the original while not overshadowing the RPG systems in the game.

Emi evans is way better

Isn't she still on the soundtrack? I know the main theme had a version in English and a version in Japanese, with one sung by her, and the other sung by J'Nique Nicole.

How many songs is Evans doing? With how much they downplayed her appearance in this game it makes me think she just did two or something pathetic like that... :(
She was a massive part of why the first game's OST was so good.

Isn't she still on the soundtrack? I know the main theme had a version in English and a version in Japanese, with one sung by her, and the other sung by J'Nique Nicole.

Ho don't worry, Emi Evans is still in the game, i already heard 3 or 4 songs with her! I was just saying that i really don't like the new singer! Her voice is weird and feel forced

Ho don't worry, Emi Evans is still in the game, i already heard 3 or 4 songs with her! I was just saying that i really don't like the new singer! Her voice is weird and feel forced

Phew. Got me worried then. Have the soundtrack OST on pre-order and all. Anyone else have any impressions on the music?

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly, it may be too early for me make a call on this, but my gut impression is yes.

The action is still platinum, and thanks to all the possible weapon combinations, hidden moves, etc, it still impresses on a base level. The RPG side of things (chips, customization, weapon upgrades, weapon stories, exp, etc), however, feels like it adds a ton to the already great, base gameplay that Platinum has crafted - like, it gives you a reason to want to upgrade the weapons, to care about overall progression, upgrades, etc. At least, more so than you would if it was simply another character action game.

I mean, I'm only 2 hours into the game, so take it with salt, but while the solid action takes a bit of a backseat, it certainly fills a gap from the original while not overshadowing the RPG systems in the game.

That sounds great, namely the part that it makes you care about your progression instead of rushing through. Between that and the appeared difficulty spike, should be a fun time.

Phew. Got me worried then. Have the soundtrack OST on pre-order and all. Anyone else have any impressions on the music?

The soundtrack is very good, don't worry about that (except the new singer) but we're still far from the perfection that was the first nier!

But that's understandable, Okabe raised the bar really high with this one! On my top 3 OST of all times!

Just don't except the same level

The soundtrack is very good, don't worry about that (except the new singer)

Is it the same singer (J'Nique Nicole) who sings the theme (The Weight of the World) linked just under the banner of the OP?

Because I really like her voice - I mean, she's not Emi Evans, but I certainly don't thing she's bad by any stretch.

Top Bottom