• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

pezzie

Haha the USGamer reviewer that pulled Nier Automata back up to a 90 is the same one that gave Horizon a 2.5/5.

Hero of one thread, villain of another.

aravuus

Haha the USGamer reviewer that pulled Nier Automata back up to a 90 is the same one that gave Horizon a 2.5/5.

Hero of one thread, villain of another.

Seeing how disappointed I actually was with Horizon and how much I am expecting to enjoy Nier, maybe I should start following their reviews lol

I can't make threads :p

I'll bump the OT, instead.

Oh, something interesting, I was jokingly calling the very first level "Boletaria", but then Branch A ends in
Anor Londo
. It can't be a coincidence, right? Even the boss room, haha.
I love DS but I never made that connection, you're right they are visually really similar. That boss room is identical to one from Drakengard 1 though.

Exquisik

What are the 6 DLC's in the Day One edition?

Nvm. it's the skins.

Here you go.

Pre-order the Day One Edition now to receive the following extra digital bonus content:

Machine Mask Accessory
Grimoire Weiss Pod
Play System Pod Skin
Retro Grey Pod Skin
Retro Red Skin
Cardboard Pod Skin

Kaizer

Banned
Just got the message my Amazon order will arrive tomorrow. If this drops back to 89, I'll be holding the deliveryman personally responsible - I can only associate with the highest quality of games.

Arkeband

Banned
I posted this in the OT but my Day One edition came with two DLC inserts which is strange. I dunno how useful it is considering every edition right now is a Day One edition, otherwise I'd hand off the extra set of codes to someone who needs them.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I posted this in the OT but my Day One edition came with two DLC inserts which is strange. I dunno how useful it is considering every edition right now is a Day One edition, otherwise I'd hand off the extra set of codes to someone who needs them.

*waves hand*

killatopak

Gold Member
I wish everyone could film their reactions to D3's true final boss.

Did you play D1 Gbraga?

My reaction was to smile profusely thinking all my life had been led to this especially D1 Ending E boss fight.

Then my smile turned into a frown as I watched in horror the trollness of Yoko Taro manifesting in my game via camera angles. I knew I had to pull off my DJ Max and Project Diva skills into the game but alas when I thought it was over, that one last note pushed me into the edge of insanity.

Gbraga

I wish everyone could film their reactions to D3's true final boss.

Did you play D1 Gbraga?

Not properly, at least.

I need to, some of these days. I just read the thing because I thought it would be an awful experience, but I didn't think 3 would be that much better going by impressions, so who knows.

Yours didn't come with any? Trying to understand how it would be useful, it's the same insert that's in every copy right now as far as I understand.
I'd appreciate it if Vaz rejects it. My copy from Amazon came with one, but my brother bought digital from HK and didn't get all the skins. He could instead play using my disc version and then use your code to unlock the four that only came with the NA version.

(Yes, I triple dipped on this game XD)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yours didn't come with any? Trying to understand how it would be useful, it's the same insert that's in every copy right now as far as I understand.

Im getting a copy for my brother later on PS4 and I may run out of luck when Im able to get it. My copy is PC so I dont have to worry. Give it to Leona tbh. :p

I did not play the original but, man, that Digitally Downloaded review is probably the highest praise I've ever read in a review for a video game.

Makes it very tempting to check this out.

Just got the message from Amazon that they have dispatched and its for a friday delivery. Might pull a sickie and skip work 2mw because i need to play this game soon as possible. Haven't played a video game for about 2 weeks so I don't end up having a incomplete game when Nier come out.

Arkeband

Banned
Im getting a copy for my brother later on PS4 and I may run out of luck when Im able to get it. My copy is PC so I dont have to worry. Give it to Leona tbh. :p

I'd appreciate it if Vaz rejects it. My copy from Amazon came with one, but my brother bought digital from HK and didn't get all the skins. He could instead play using my disc version and then use your code to unlock the four that only came with the NA version.

(Yes, I triple dipped on this game XD)

aight, I'll send it to Leona later today when I get home from work.

The PC release date is perfect for finishing Zelda.
The PS4 version comes out in the UK tomorrow.

I mean, it's possible that I could finish Zelda, if I just ignore the dungeons I've not done yet (all of them) and go straight to the final boss. I can just pretend that it's an incredibly bad speed run.

Ah, screw it, I'll just wear my T Shirt while playing Zelda.

Koozek

are...are people joking about the 89-90 thing?
I don't understand these "are people joking?" posts. It's pretty simple. I value my time and anything under 90 is a waste of it. I mean, if 89 is your definition of good, then, by all means, go ahead and play it. I won't.

Ahasverus

I don't understand these "are people joking?" posts. It's pretty simple. I value my time and anything under 90 is a waste of it. I mean, if 89 is your definition of good, then, by all means, go ahead and play it. I won't.
image.php

Actually not only I will cancel my pre-order, but also sell my Ps4 and PC.

Yeah. If I buy the game when it's a 90, and then the score is lowered to an 89, not only will I have to sell the game, but that console will be forever be tainted for coming into contact with such a mediocre game. I wouldn't sell my PS4, because I wouldn't want anyone else to come into contact with it at that point. I would burn the console, and let the ashes fall like snow in summer

Hektor

Let's get real, Japan is systemically devolving into a system of total utilitarianism, if Yoko can't prove his worth to society by getting at least one 90+ game on Metacritic he probably won't have much longer to live.

Top Bottom