• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
We should start identifying ourselves as "The Cult Of The Watchers"....

Was that Yoko's masterplan all along?

Gurish

I know the demo was good but I'm still surprised by this MC, very few AAA games have managed to reach 90 MC this gen.

Didn't follow players's reactions to it, what most people who are playing it think, is the 90 MC justified?

Hektor

I know the demo was good but I'm still surprised by this MC, very few AAA games have managed to reach 90 MC this gen.

Didn't follow players's reactions to it, what most people who are playing it think, is the 90 MC justified?

It's too low still, if anything

For me personally, it's the most gleefully creative, exuberant, and self-assured game since Demon's Souls (which, for a while, was my favorite game of all time behind Phantasy Star Online).

It's infectiously fearless, and I think it's being rewarded for that, even if it's objectively a bit of a mixed bag in some of the technical and presentational aspects.

AESplusF

latest
What's this about a cult?

Dio

Banned
Personally I'd like a tag related to the Cult of the Watchers to actually use the mark in question. You know, to be either related to the original Drakengard 3 'origin of the Cult' version of said symbol or its version in D1/
Automata (which can be seen in the trailer.)

B9FhnBd.jpg

CahXxp3.png

http://i.imgur.com/GCho4hT.jpg (trailer shot possible spoilers)

I think the
Automata
version would be the simplest and easiest to turn into an avatar addition rather than an Emil head, and it'd make more sense.

I love this thread, and I pray my laptop will grant me a worthy experience of the game.

Do I 720p and go medium on all settings to try and hit 60? Do I go beyond to get that precious 60?

I mean Dark Souls 3 worked fine for me at 30 but I'm gonna need to hit these dodges son.

I love this thread, and I pray my laptop will grant me a worthy experience of the game.

Do I 720p and go medium on all settings to try and hit 60? Do I go beyond to get that precious 60?

I mean Dark Souls 3 worked fine for me at 30 but I'm gonna need to hit these dodges son.

This game favors higher fps because it's a lot of bullet hell moments and dodging, you want the best response from higher fps.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Well of course it got a 90, SE's checks cleared in time

Yoko Taro is a genius, absolutely deserved

LALALALA, DANCE REVIEWERS. DANCE.

Only about 7 hours in, but so far its tremendous. I'd put it right beside Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and The Last Guardian for experiences this generation.
I legitimately don't think I've been into a game this much since the first time I played a souls game.

Top Bottom