• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

PleoMax

Banned
AniHawk said:
The Shenmue series was only half good. Well, 1/3 good if you count Shenmue Online. NiGHTS was 100% awesome.

Yah if you're a little fruit. Shenmue = Straight up mother****in awesome.

Onix said:
When you consider the budget risk Shenmue would require versus NiGHTS ... you can't be serious?

I ain't no businesman. I don't care, sign a damm deal with Sony/MS for the funding...cmon...shit i just remembered, where's my golden Axe?

farnham

Banned
Shenmue was a financial disaster for Sega.. no wonder they arent doing it..

kinda said.. Shenmue definately had elements of many modern games like GTA or Zelda WW

nesmar

I understand nintendo supervised the game, but thing like track design, the way the vehicles handled, general gameplay elements, were made by AV not nintendo.

Its also the best f-zero game, outdoing all of EADs offerings. I give credit to SEGA for the greatness of this game just as I give credit to Capcom for the greatness of the gbc zelda games.

anyways i also liked yakuza, just forgot about it, hopefully the sequal comes out here

back on nights, i think they should keep the 2d gameplay with 3d environments + rails with a few new gameplay features to keep things fresh. If its to different it wont feel like a nights game at all (and will probably suck).

AniHawk

PleoMax said:

Only part 2 was good. The first one was so bad it made Metroid Prime look like the most exciting video game this side of Half-Life 2.

Gigglepoo

If people are using Sonic Wii as a reason why NiGHTS 2 will be good... well...

I hope the first NiGHTS comes to one of these fine download services soon.

farnham

Banned
nesmar said:
I understand nintendo supervised the game, but thing like track design, the way the vehicles handled, general gameplay elements, were made by AV not nintendo.

Its also the best f-zero game, outdoing all of EADs offerings. I give credit to SEGA for the greatness of this game just as I give credit to Capcom for the greatness of the gbc zelda games.

anyways i also liked yakuza, just forgot about it, hopefully the sequal comes out here

QFT

PleoMax said:

I ain't no businesman. I don't care, sign a damm deal with Sony/MS for the funding...cmon...shit i just remembered, where's my golden Axe?

golden axe is indeed coming, but isn't shenmue online coming to, i know i heard it from somewhere. Oh, my bad, that was matrix online, it tanked almost as bad. Thats why i thought that was shenmue.

_Angelus_

Banned
tehrafe said:
- Duke Nukem Forever (including Shadow Warrior 2 for free)
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Shenmue 3
- GTA4
- Skies Of Arcadia 2
- Pokémon MMO

and all of this released on the same day.

Totally agree with that list. Plus-hell one could include Burning Rangers on a next gen. system with online coop. and then were talking bad ass.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Coin Return said:
Ryo Hazuki could beat up that purple jester.

Trivially, with no skill required. Instead, though, he'd amble around through streets of zombies, occasionally finding his way barred by an invisible cat which would bring him to a halt even if driving a forklift truck. Then he'd buy some tacky plastic toys and go home and dream about sailors.

PleoMax

Banned
AniHawk said:
Only part 2 was good. The first one was so bad it made Metroid Prime look like the most exciting video game this side of Half-Life 2.

Yeah i reckon shenmue 1 was kinda hard to get into...but once you "got" it, man cmon it was awesome.

And the great thing is that i played part 1, and then right after i played part 2. It was cool because everything i had in shenmue 1, and all the moves, carried to shenmue 2, now let me tell you, i was some goddamm bruce lee at the end of shenmue, i knew my moves, when shenmue 2 started and they stole my bag and then i kicked the shit out of those 2 little bitches man....that feel of "I'm a badass mother****er" never felt so good in a game. Because i really had to work to get to that level.

Shenmue will forever be one of my most "marking" game experiences, along with MGS/FF8/Kotor.

Heh...i didn't like Nights at all, i remember ditching at the 2nd level to play that weapons based fighting game and the Mech one game. And that other one with japanese mechs, that was also some sort of 3d fighting game....i remember playing that alot with my friends, can't remember the damm name.

Saturn was a pretty shitty console. Now that i start to think about it.

iapetus said:
Trivially, with no skill required. Instead, though, he'd amble around through streets of zombies, occasionally finding his way barred by an invisible cat which would bring him to a halt even if driving a forklift truck. Then he'd buy some tacky plastic toys and go home and dream about sailors.

You guys couldn't see greatness even if she hit you in the head.

Whatever

PleoMax said:
Yeah i reckon shenmue 1 was kinda hard to get into...but once you "got" it, man cmon it was awesome.

And the great thing is that i played part 1, and then right after i played part 2. It was cool because everything i had in shenmue 1, and all the moves, carried to shenmue 2, now let me tell you, i was some goddamm bruce lee at the end of shenmue, i knew my moves, when shenmue 2 started and they stole my bag and then i kicked the shit out of those 2 little bitches man....that feel of "I'm a badass mother****er" never felt so good in a game. Because i really had to work to get to that level.

Shenmue will forever be one of my most "marking" game experiences, along with MGS/FF8/Kotor.

Heh...i didn't like Nights at all, i remember ditching at the 2nd level to play that weapons based fighting game and the Mech one game. And that other one with japanese mechs, that was also some sort of 3d fighting game....i remember playing that alot with my friends, can't remember the damm name.

Saturn was a pretty shitty console. Now that i start to think about it.
are you trying to let people hate you, because i'm one.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
BrandNew said:
Why the hell wouldn't this be true...eve after Sega ninjas had to make this magazine take down the art of the NiGHTS guy?

April fools, people stop at nothing to play tricks on this day. Including shit like this.

PleoMax

Banned
AniHawk said:
You kinda suck at this.

At what? Look i liked Saturn backthen. Played the shit out of Daytona and Sega Rally. BUt now, that i can look at it, from outside....i think it was kinda bad.

topsyturvy said:
are you trying to let people hate you, because i'm one.

Why? What did i say?

sp0rsk said:
April fools, people stop at nothing to play tricks on this day. Including shit like this.
I have to side with sp0rsk on this one. I still have yet to see incontrovertible proof (I think that's the word I want!)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
PleoMax said:
At what? Look i liked Saturn backthen. Played the shit out of Daytona and Sega Rally. BUt now, that i can look at it, from outside....i think it was kinda bad.

Why? What did i say?

This is not the thread for this discussion.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
PleoMax said:
You guys couldn't see greatness even if she hit you in the head.

Is that another pop-up problem? Meh, it's okay to miss greatness. There'll be a glaringly obvious hand-holding clue along in a minute.

Evlar

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
I have to side with sp0rsk on this one. I still have yet to see incontrovertible proof (I think that's the word I want!)
It's proof enough for me, and I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong. Too many people in connected places acting all-together unsurprised about this news.

pleomax, are you trying to get banned or something?

TOPIC: never played nights, but always been interested. im mildly excited and somewhat surprised that it is turning out to be actually true ^_^

BrandNew said:
Why the hell wouldn't this be true...eve after Sega ninjas had to make this magazine take down the art of the NiGHTS guy?
Who said that Sega's lawyers ordered the C&D? Further, do you really think that they would be cool with a "haha here's a sihlouette" version?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Why don't we all just hold hands and peacefully bow our heads and pray that it isn't a joke? There's no need for bitching.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be voice acting, and full 3D movement?

My God, if there is any franchise that could be totally ruined by a sequel if done wrong it's this one. And if there is any game that could be done wrong easily it's a sequel to NiGHTS. For their sake I'm hoping they can at least get the atmosphere of the game right, picking the right score, and the right voice actors.

Nevertheless I'm happy about the possibilities.

jay

ItsInMyVeins said:
Why don't we all just hold hands and peacefully bow our heads and pray that it isn't a joke? There's no need for bitching.

Sure there is, Sega's likely going to ruin a classic. Wouldn't you be slightly annoyed if MTV decided to produce Citizen Kane 2?

_Angelus_

Banned
jay said:
Sure there is, Sega's likely going to ruin a classic. Wouldn't you be slightly annoyed if MTV decided to produce Citizen Kane 2?

Yep. Its like Rob Zombie remaking Halloween. Its never going to be better than what John Carpenter gave us, so why bother?. Some things should be left alone. A NIGHTS sequel could end up the same way.

The Nights thing is for real.

Who are you? No offense intended... I just want to know if there's any way you would know about this...
btw, I was wondering if I could post something... it's sort of a ROM... but not really. Well, it is a ROM. >_> But it's a ROM of one of those temporary downloadable games for GBA. The NiGHTS score attack game... I can't link to it, right?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
jay said:

No need to paint the devil on the wall here.

If it actually is an american team who really are working on the game even though they've dragged previous games across the bottom of a shitfilled lake I'm still sure it'll be fine lol.

ItsInMyVeins said:
sonicr.gif

farnham

Banned
Operations said:
How do we know this is for the Wii? Is it possible that this is multiplatform?

its probable that it will come to other platforms.. there are no confirmations whatsoever...

we dont know anything about the platform

but there were some rumors from 1 year ago (famitsu) and that ONM thinggy..

so some people think its a Wii exclusive.. but who knows

temjin

Banned
"IN THE DREAM, LOVE CAN COME THRU AN OPEN DOOR
JUST BE STRONG AND YOULL BE SURE TO FIND THE ONE...

IN THE NIGHTS, DREAM DELIGHTS
I WANT TO SEE YOU STANDING THERE

IN THE NIGHTS, DREAM DELIGHT
I'VE FOUND SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES.

IN THE NIGHTS, DREAM DELIGHT
I WANT TO SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN

IN THE NIGHT, DREAM DELIGHT
YOU'RE THE ONE I'VE WAITED FOR...."

This is the best gaming news I've heard in a long, long time.

Now, Sega, give us Shenmue 3. Then the games I've wanted sequels to would be complete.

.dmc

Banned
TSA said:
- New Legend of Zelda title being produced by Shigeru Miyamoto, Hayao Miyazaki and Hironobu Sakagutchi. Miyamoto will design the game, Miyazaki will direct the story and art style, and Sakagutchi will plan the game engine and concept. Anime series to be based on it written and directed by Miyazaki. Both release in Fall 2008. Megaton Meter Score: 10

So you're going to keep repeating this in the hope that it will have to come true right?

joetachi

temjin said:
This is the best gaming news I've heard in a long, long time.

Now, Sega, give us Shenmue 3. Then the games I've wanted sequels to would be complete.
What about Virtual On next gen.

Top Bottom