• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

temjin

Banned
I hope it's designed around Wii purely for the control alone. However, seeing as NiGHTS has a awesome dream-like world, I would really like to be able to explore it with some amazing visuals. So, I am kind of hoping for a multi-platform release. I think.

Damn you Nintendo for not giving Wii more powah!

What about Virtual On next gen.
Good call. A sequel to Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram would be awesome.

Oh, whilst I'm at it: Blazing Dragons 2, Mischief Makers 2, Blast Corps 2 etc

I guess I lied earlier. However, Shenmue 3 is what I want most.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
temjin said:
I hope it's designed around Wii purely for the control alone. However, seeing as NiGHTS has a awesome dream-like world, I would really like to be able to explore it with some amazing visuals. So, I am kind of hoping for a multi-platform release. I think.

Damn you Nintendo for not giving Wii more powah!
But the Wii is already powerful enough to make it look just as good as the original.

Fuzzy

Amir0x said:
yeah we generally don't tell people to shoot themselves over videogame related things here.
His SPM avatar didn't protect him? What is this board coming to?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jkeeling said:
I wouldn't lie about the sequel to my favourite game of all time.

Now whether it'll be any good, who knows.

I think we actually DO know the answer for that.

:(

If these "improvements" are included it will automatically suck.

1. Free roaming. NO KEEP THIS GAME ON RAILS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
2. Music done by anyone other than the original composers. I don't care how much you have to spend to get them back from artoon. NiGHTS isn't NiGHTS without them.
3. Cutscenes, we dont need em. Just give me an ending.
4. RPG elements, we don't need em, an expanded A-life is enough.
5. More playable characters. DON'T DO IT SONIC TEAM, DON'T YOU ****ING DARE.

Basically, all I want is more levels. Don't mess with a good thing Sega.

Amir0x

Banned
Fuzzy said:
His SPM avatar didn't protect him? What is this board coming to?

It was a hard decision, bu the line had to be stopped at threatning another poster with shooting - regardless of if it was all in good humour.

Some things are more important than Super Paper Mario, hard as it is to bring myself to say :(

d[-_-]b

Banned
Amir0x said:
It was a hard decision, bu the line had to be stopped at threatning another poster with shooting - regardless of if it was all in good humour.

Some things are more important than Super Paper Mario, hard as it is to bring myself to say :(
fake Amir0x confirmed.

madara

One of those top 5 games in my long gaming history that brought such a huge smile to my face all the time. That is so darn rare! Like Grandia 1, Skies of Arcadia or Banjo 1 for me, I so love to feel that again. The sense of flying added to this divine state. Fingers crossed so hard they can be Sega of old just one more time. Keep the iconic high and uncanny valley very low please.

Fuzzy

Amir0x said:

It's like I don't know you at all. Next you'll be saying that people won't be banned for not buying SPM.

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:
why they still look like last-gen games, just top tier last-gen games

Two reasons.

1. Wii is twice the power of the Cube, so it's capable of better stuff than Rogue Squadrun.

2. I think Rogue Squadrun's graphics would be considered "good enough" for most people.

ant1532

Banned
As long as it's widescreen...

But damn how nice would NiGHTS look on PS3??? And I'm sure they can get some good sixaxis controls too..

temjin

Banned
sp0rsk said:

2. Music done by anyone other than the original composers. I don't care how much you have to spend to get them back from artoon. NiGHTS isn't NiGHTS without them.
3. Cutscenes, we dont need em. Just give me an ending.
4. RPG elements, we don't need em, an expanded A-life is enough.

Basically, all I want is more levels. Don't mess with a good thing Sega.
These are valid, especially the bolded parts. I'm kinda hoping they play it safe, similar to what Artoon did with Yoshi Island DS, but with a bit more swank-style.

ethelred

2uprcaw.gif

dance3_l.gif

dance.gif

damme7xd.gif

damme.gif

wilfredoh7.gif

dothesummoner.gif

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

Mashing

I think the better analogy would be that if it looks as good as Super Mario Galaxy, then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
sp0rsk said:

I agree with these two. Though I guess Reala wouldn't be so bad as a playable character if there's going to be some vs/co-op play.

But keep it 2.5D. That is the whole point of NiGHTS. How the hell are you going to link a loop in 3D?

Mar

Nights you say... Along with SPM, this marks the second game GAF has gone bezerk over, that I've never played.

It just better be good when I buy it you bastards!

Pachael

I love me some Nights. Come to papa!

PS For the question: Where was everybody when Nights was released?
Answers:
- Playing Super Mario 64 on the N64
- Warbling about the 'Fly, Plaything, Fly' advert with the PS getting dropped from a building.

As for the nu-Nights, well, Sega'd better get this right.

But even if they do, it'll almost ironically be compared to Mario Galaxy, and that'll be a f***ing shame because they're so different despite screens of Mario 'flying' and comparisons being made to Nights. That said, everyone'd rather play Mario.

This is kind of bittersweat. On the one hand, we finally get a sequel to Nights. But on the other hand, this means no more blind speculation/rumor threads about the game. and ONM doesnt get banned. So I guess it evens out.

ethelred

I know I'm late to the party and all, but damn if this isn't awesome news (I'm going to ignore all the tired bitching about Sega).

ant1532

Banned
Pachael said:
I love me some Nights. Come to papa!

PS For the question: Where was everybody when Nights was released?
Answers:
- Playing Super Mario 64 on the N64
Super Mario 64 wasn't out before NiGHTS...

I remember this because NiGHTS was my favorite game ever till Super Mario 64 came out. I was 6 then too lol, but I had good taste.

farnham

Banned
regarding the early bitching about the sales and stuff..

while i do agree that its way to early to tell if the Wii will come out as a success or not..

the japanese sales suggest that they will remain the leader in this region.. NA and European sales will be the big question but in Japan the wii will remain as top..

and as far as i remember the nights did quite well in Japan

even in NA and Europe i think it will do much better then the Saturn..

and its initially appealing to kids (at least i was hooked when i saw it the first time as a 12 year old kid..)

so i guess the sales for nights II (if its on the wii) will be just fine

TFIFF

Banned
RiZ III said:
I pray this won't be on Wii, but my prayers will probably be in vain.

Get used to it. Any non-blockbuster console game that has more sales potential in Japan than America will go to the market leader the majority of the time.

farnham

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I'm just happy that the Wii is getting support like this. It means I'll have a slew of games to play in a year or so.
its still not confirmed if its a wii exclusive or not.. i wouldnt get my hopes to high..

thefro

This is a pretty huge deal, actually... I'm sure if a trailer was shown at E3 last year you would have seen a real nice reaction.

It's just that a lot of people have expected that this was coming, some people jumped on after the ONM thing, and some people still think this is an April Fool's joke or bogus (especially on other sites).

It'll be interesting to see who all is involved in making it. Ideally it'd be Sonic Team Japan/Prope/Artoon all together.

IGN has a story up now... Sega says "no comment"
http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776220p1.html

Top Bottom