• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nights of Azure |OT| Star Crossed (Lesbian) Lovers

yes. yes. you really can't miss it since (slight spoilers)
the game will keep sending you back to the same loop before the final dungeon every time you beat the game, where you do the stuff that gets you the true ending

300 quests is tedious as hell and i still don't have 10k kills.

Thanks for the answer. So I should just continue to play normally and I'll hopefully figure out what I need to do to get the true ending after
getting sent back.

jonjonaug

Question: That "find the hat" sidequest stopped at 50% a while ago and I'm in chapter 4 now. Does it ever start back up again, or is there something with it that I'm missing?

EDIT: Never mind, just started back up again.

the game will give you hints as to what you should do next. It's very obvious ;o the hints

Yeah I'll definitely report back once I've made it (that'll take a while though).

Question: That "find the hat" sidequest stopped at 50% a while ago and I'm in chapter 4 now. Does it ever start back up again, or is there something with it that I'm missing?

EDIT: Never mind, just started back up again.

I was about to ask the same question. Apparently there are a few quests like that where they don't give you directions on what to do next then the next step becomes available as you progress through the story.

Wagram

Ahhh so it's going to turn into one of those games eh..

Brain dead easy and then all of a sudden BAM one hit kills. Terrible.

Who would have thought the Gust Chan theme is actually the best one of the bunch! It's great.

The other two don't even have music D:

Stalk

Managed to pop it in for a bit today, really like it so far. The arena stuff is neat.

Hung the cloth poster up in the bedroom for the missus. She weren't impressed.

SarusGray

Oh snap, you've gotten there lol D:! Good luck!

Who would have thought the Gust Chan theme is actually the best one of the bunch! It's great.

The other two don't even have music D:

I loveee the gust chan theme. The music is a remix of predge and its so cute.

Managed to pop it in for a bit today, really like it so far. The arena stuff is neat.

Hung the cloth poster up in the bedroom for the missus. She weren't impressed.

LOL! Pics pics pics!

Received my copy of the game a couple days earlier and played it straight through out the day. @,@, onto the next part of the game and to the platinum.. So I finally got the "true" ending! Those post game bosses were extremely difficult, especially compared to the rest of the game. Imagine if the rest of the bosses in the game were like that. It shows Gust DOES know how to make difficult bosses but for some reason chose not to for the majority of the game! I
dat hall of evil though

SephLuis

It's a single point that the difficulty reaches those levels and, honestly, it shows better that the battle system has potential.

Level up a little and it should get a lot easier. Or bring servants with heal and buffs. A lot of them.

Ascenion

Just picked this up yesterday. Played it all day. Really like it so far. It's different compared to most other JRPGs I've played and the story has charm. It seems like there is always something to do in it.

Super happy with the game so far. Might just drop everything else and play this for a while.

You can see that it's a low budget game, but I really don't mind. A review said something like "it feels like a PS2 game" and I kind of agree. But I think that's pretty cool, there aren't a lot of those games around anymore. It's a different kind of "retro".

Music is amazing, setting is interesting (I love that it's actually set in the real North Sea!) and combat is showing potential.

Is Gust Chan like some super OP Servan later or is she just a novelty? Not sure if I should use here lol

SarusGray

Super happy with the game so far. Might just drop everything else and play this for a while.

You can see that it's a low budget game, but I really don't mind. A review said something like "it feels like a PS2 game" and I kind of agree. But I think that's pretty cool, there aren't a lot of those games around anymore. It's a different kind of "retro".

Music is amazing, setting is interesting (I love that it's actually set in the real North Sea!) and combat is showing potential.

Is Gust Chan like some super OP Servan later or is she just a novelty? Not sure if I should use here lol

Agreed! Loving the game here! Gust Chan has pretty great DPs and range but her servant burst is just awful. I replaced her as soon as I found better servants. You can keep her though as she has uses as a DPs mule ;)

If it plays like a PS2 game then that's a positive for me. How's the localization/writing of this game?
Standard. Saw a few typos already so it could have used another editing pass, but it's alright.

Servans all speak in their own cute/quirky way which is pretty cool.

pq9PR1C.jpg
hT3r7nR.jpg

y2oJf2M.jpg
3fVN554.jpg

Wagram

It's a single point that the difficulty reaches those levels and, honestly, it shows better that the battle system has potential.

Level up a little and it should get a lot easier. Or bring servants with heal and buffs. A lot of them.

Yeah it has potential, but it never reaches it. Mostly everything can be cheesed within seconds.

SephLuis

Yeah it has potential, but it never reaches it. Mostly everything can be cheesed within seconds.

I think it reaches only in the boss battle you probably just passed. It's the sole point where just attacking won't get you a win, so you need to be quite fast and smart using your servants.

I just hope Gust makes a second game and get the difficulty right. This one was too easy.

kiryogi

Banned
I think it reaches only in the boss battle you probably just passed. It's the sole point where just attacking won't get you a win, so you need to be quite fast and smart using your servants.

I just hope Gust makes a second game and get the difficulty right. This one was too easy.

Maybe? Maybe not. There might be a audience for this. There were some folks that I follow on twitter that can't manage an action game or action RPG at all, so they were really excited to see if this would be more their level.

SephLuis

Maybe? Maybe not. There might be a audience for this. There were some folks that I follow on twitter that can't manage an action game or action RPG at all, so they were really excited to see if this would be more their level.

Easily manageable by adding difficulty levels.

The issue with this game is that it's too easy and it has one sudden big difficulty peak. This is more of a balance issue within the game.

The game is definitely charming. I'm really intrigued by what's going on with Arnice and Lilysse in the story so far. The general theme of the Nightlord is interesting to me as well, as quite a bit of the plot so far revolves around the mysteries of the Nightlord and how it relates to the Night and the fiends. However the game doesn't ignore the personal relationships between the main cast which is good.

I also really like the setting and it's cool that they added a way to show what Arnice does during the day since all the fighting happens at night.

Going to try and get in a few hours tonight.

people

Finished (Platinum) earlier this morning after getting frustrated with the last Arena task last night. Some of the trophies can get pretty grindy.

Overall a mostly enjoyable experience, particularly the music. It's been a while since I didn't feel the immediate need to drastically lower the music volume; usually that's the first thing I do.

I'm still not convinced 'Nights of Azure' is a good adaptation of the original title, though.

SarusGray

Finished (Platinum) earlier this morning after getting frustrated with the last Arena task last night. Some of the trophies can get pretty grindy.

Overall a mostly enjoyable experience, particularly the music. It's been a while since I didn't feel the immediate need to drastically lower the music volume; usually that's the first thing I do.

I'm still not convinced 'Nights of Azure' is a good adaptation of the original title, though.

The last couple arena task WERE DIFFICULT lol. I just need to finish some more quest and find a couple more items and that platinum should be mine!

SarusGray

The Arena quests are starting to get more difficult.

It looks like at some point I'm going to need to get better Servans.

Gargoyle and suicide bomber are great damage servans. Also the doll servans summon skill which calls upon a barrier is a life saver against projectiles. I sadly had to ditch Gust-Chan and the tree thing even though her ass kicks major butt early in the game.

The game needed more fights like
Mistral
. Maybe not the
status ailments
part, but mostly the challenge. It felt like the only fight in the game so far where all the mechanics were being used to their fullest. There was a great hectic energy the rest of the bosses lacked.
I even beat her once but died to poison damage before I could open the treasure chest and start the cutscene.

Gargoyle and suicide bomber are great damage servans. Also the doll servans summon skill which calls upon a barrier is a life saver against projectiles. I sadly had to ditch Gust-Chan and the tree thing even though her ass kicks major butt early in the game.

Don't think I have Gargoyle yet but I do have the bomb. I haven't used it at all though since I'm not sure how useful the suicide bomb burst skill is.

Also, I got to the end of Chapter 4 yesterday and
Chris explicitly says that Arnice and Lillyse are in love. I know some people were wondering whether or not it's explicitly stated by either of the characters but a mysterious character like Chris who seems to be able to easily sense the nature of things saying that the two mains are in love is pretty definitive to me. The events that happen afterwards back at the hotel also help cement this. I actually like Arnice and Lillyse's relationship. Arnice is pretty much her knight in shining armour. Also I like her persistence in stating that she'll defeat the Nightlord, since she's doing it for the person she loves, the scale of the challenge itself is irrelevant. Arnice kind of reminds me of Simon (Gurren Lagann) in a sense, because of that supreme confidence in being able to accomplish something no matter how difficult it will be because the other result is unfathomable.

SarusGray

Don't think I have Gargoyle yet but I do have the bomb. I haven't used it at all though since I'm not sure how useful the suicide bomb burst skill is.

Also, I got to the end of Chapter 4 yesterday and
Chris explicitly says that Arnice and Lillyse are in love. I know some people were wondering whether or not it's explicitly stated by either of the characters but a mysterious character like Chris who seems to be able to easily sense the nature of things saying that the two mains are in love is pretty definitive to me. The events that happen afterwards back at the hotel also help cement this. I actually like Arnice and Lillyse's relationship. Arnice is pretty much her knight in shining armour. Also I like her persistence in stating that she'll defeat the Nightlord, since she's doing it for the person she loves, the scale of the challenge itself is irrelevant. Arnice kind of reminds me of Simon (Gurren Lagann) in a sense, because of that supreme confidence in being able to accomplish something no matter how difficult it will be because the other result is unfathomable.

Use it with mobius ring and make sure his passives include smelling salt which all reduce the amount of time it takes to resummon an unconcious servan so you can spam his servan burst within 5 seconds after he's revived. And YUP!!! I was smiling at that part ;)

Use it with mobius ring and make sure his passives include smelling salt which all reduce the amount of time it takes to resummon an unconcious servan so you can spam his servan burst within 5 seconds after he's revived. And YUP!!! I was smiling at that part ;)

That actually sounds like a good idea. I have a bunch of those rings in my inventory but I just forgot about them.

I'll see if I can put that together in my next couple sessions.

I got a scenario quest (last tab of the scenario quest menu that requires me to find 3 jewels but it doesn't tell me what location each one is in.

Is that something that will be revealed as I progress through the story or do I have to look up a guide or something because I have no clue where these 3 jewels could be.

jonjonaug

Finished the game. It was pretty good, I'd give it a 7/10. Can't say I see any incentive to stick around for trophy farming, sounds like a massive chore.

Of the five endings I'd rate them N2>True>N1=Bonus>N3 (N1-N3 being low to high affection, Bonus being the one you unlock after the "true" ending).

Postgame/ending spoilers below

N2's sheer "fuck everyone" factor was amazing and hilarious.
Lilysse: "Hey so we can go run off to the demon world or whatever to be together and in love forever but that'll kill everyone on earth or something"
Arnice: "Sounds good, let's do it."

The true ending was sweet if massively cliche. N1 was basically just a more boring version of N2, Bonus ending was silly but demon Arnice looks pretty cool, and N3 was the "play the postgame for an extra scene to make this an actual ending" ending.

All three of the last bosses (final + 2 postgame) were decently difficult but none of them were all THAT hard once you get them down. The most annoying thing about the snake lady was having to return to base and switch out my equipment, I honestly found Chris harder due to her Servan sealing attack that's hard to predict, which can be very troublesome because she also starts spamming her summons in the later parts of the fight.

Wagram

Finished the game. It was pretty good, I'd give it a 7/10. Can't say I see any incentive to stick around for trophy farming, sounds like a massive chore.

The 300 quests is killing me right now. This trophy should not exist. You'll have capped Blood and Gold many times over before you're done.

Rahvar

OK, fighting
The Pope
and having issues. Found a couple of posts that says to level up, seems to be a pain to win at level 8. Is this the only way?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Had my eye on this game for quite some time. After I get everything I've wanted accomplished in DOAX3 I'll be getting this.

SarusGray

I got a scenario quest (last tab of the scenario quest menu that requires me to find 3 jewels but it doesn't tell me what location each one is in.

Is that something that will be revealed as I progress through the story or do I have to look up a guide or something because I have no clue where these 3 jewels could be.

I believe its revealed, almost all the quest are revealed later so don't worry. :)

OK, fighting
The Pope
and having issues. Found a couple of posts that says to level up, seems to be a pain to win at level 8. Is this the only way?

You should probably check your servans and equipment, as leveling actually can only do so much. Make sure you destroy the thing that spawns that
heals her HP and utilize block when that whole flashy thing commences
Servans I'd recommend are the Doll's summon skill which cast a barrier which protects you from projectiles, the healing little cute fairy thing, and two DPSERS. I used mine servant and made him self destruct using a technique stated earlier which makes him respawn instantly, and anything else. It was more of an
annoying fight than anything since those things heal her hp so dam quickly so you have to destroy em asap. Make sure to transform as much as you can with demon form and slam her! let me know how it goes.

Of the five endings I'd rate them N2>True>N1=Bonus>N3 (N1-N3 being low to high affection, Bonus being the one you unlock after the "true" ending).

Postgame/ending spoilers below

N2's sheer "fuck everyone" factor was amazing and hilarious.
Lilysse: "Hey so we can go run off to the demon world or whatever to be together and in love forever but that'll kill everyone on earth or something"
Arnice: "Sounds good, let's do it."

The true ending was sweet if massively cliche. N1 was basically just a more boring version of N2, Bonus ending was silly but demon Arnice looks pretty cool, and N3 was the "play the postgame for an extra scene to make this an actual ending" ending.

All three of the last bosses (final + 2 postgame) were decently difficult but none of them were all THAT hard once you get them down. The most annoying thing about the snake lady was having to return to base and switch out my equipment, I honestly found Chris harder due to her Servan sealing attack that's hard to predict, which can be very troublesome because she also starts spamming her summons in the later parts of the fight.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm about to post my review in a bit! Super busy!

Just started the game this afternoon , overall i like it quite a bit.

So far , it's fast ..and smooth during battle.

It's a good start

Wagram

Lol I beat the post game dungeon "final boss" by rolling around constantly while spamming servan abilities. That monsters ability is OP as fuck, if you stop you dead.

Eusis

It's still available on Amazon from third party sellers for $61 as of now.
I... made a good choice pre-ordering this apparently. I was kind of weary of it being a good call given my current crappy situation and the fact I'd skipped on games like Division, but I figured this was a smaller release that needed support far more than some AAA megablockbuster that I wasn't THAT excited for anyway, and now I see physical copies period are scarce.

Kinda wish it had a proper manual or something though, TK seemed to be one of the better ones there lately. Or is Sony shooing publishers away from including manuals on PS4 too?

Top Bottom