• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTSJOURNEY OF DREAMS (Wii) - [New screens pg 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
shit shit, I hope this doesnt mean the game is not on-rails anymore like the old one.

ant1532

Banned
Error said:
shit shit, I hope this doesnt mean the game is not on-rails anymore like the old one.
What the hell made you think that???

Plus the screens make it still look like the good ol' on rails NiGHTS!

Don't be jinxing this now!!!

Kafel said:
* raw translation :

- ability to wear masks
> dragon mask : Nights becomes a huge dragon and isn't affected by the wind anymore
PANZER DRAGOON
> dolphin mask : -------------------- dolphin and flies ( yeh ) under the sea
ECCO
> skyrocket mask : ----------------- skyrocket and benefits from a supersonic speed
SONIC
There, I hope my post wasn't useless.
O MY GOD!!

nitewulf

they should have stylized the graphics. what worked on the saturn doesnt quite look right in high-res. looks tacky and too colorful. but hey, the original is one of my fav games of all time so hope this turns out great.

ant1532

Banned
Dark Ninja said:
O MY GOD!!
:lol

You messed up the order a bit but yeah, I thought of that instantly too lol!

Quoted just for the new page
Kafel said:
Hmmm, I haven't searched the whole thread but since I haven't found these informations in the US Sega website ... Did you guys know that :

http://www.sega-europe.com/fr/Game/564.htm

( the best in in the "fonctionnalités" part )

* raw translation :

- ability to wear masks
> dragon mask : Nights becomes a huge dragon and isn't affected by the wind anymore
> skyrocket mask : ----------------- skyrocket and benefits from a supersonic speed

- 7 worlds to explore

- Wiiconnect24 : trade items with friends, change the landscape according to the meteo channel

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wiiconnect24 : trade items with friends, change the landscape according to the meteo channel

Am I right to assume that this means the game will change it's weather conditions to match the conditions in your area? That's pretty damn badass.

ivysaur12

Banned
Kafel said:
Hmmm, I haven't searched the whole thread but since I haven't found these informations in the US Sega website ... Did you guys know that :

http://www.sega-europe.com/fr/Game/564.htm

( the best in in the "fonctionnalités" part )

* raw translation :

- ability to wear masks

- 7 worlds to explore

- Wiiconnect24 : trade items with friends, change the landscape according to the meteo channel

No, it wasn't useless. It was FANTASTIC. And I'm sure by changing the landscape, that means the weather. But still, this is all fantastic news. The masks sound cool, and the 7 worlds is really good, as long as there's a lot to do.

ant1532

Banned
Sweedishrodeo said:
that sounds so cool :D :D :D :D
I know!!!

Even though that would mean no snow settings for mew ever if I just go by that :lol (in Florida)

Hurricanes?

That would be awesome if they put that in

But.. I probably wouldn't have electricity..

GDGF said:
Am I right to assume that this means the game will change it's weather conditions to match the conditions in your area? That's pretty damn badass.

thats what my rusty french said to me too :D

Holy Shit!

Can you imagine they had even more hidden masks that you earn from high scores?
What if they really hit a homerun with the WiiConnect24 feature?
What if this game came out polished and great?

damn you SEGA don't **** up!

http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/561.htm

'Persona' masks open new possibilities
Three sets of masks give the player new shape-shifting abilities and more ways to explore the world.

• Dragon mask: Transforms NiGHTS into a huge dragon and makes him resistant to wind effects.

• Dolphin mask: NiGHTS can change into a dolphin and explore under water.

• Rocket mask: NiGHTS takes the shape of a rocket and travels at supersonic speeds.

Yeah... matches up with the information from NiD.com perfectly... kind of surprising that the owner of that site somehow got information...
btw, the rest of the information is probably real as well...
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/journey/ofdreams.htm

'Journey Of Dreams' (Subject to change), otherwise dubbed NiGHTS 2, is the long awaited sequel to the original 1996 Sega Saturn game 'NiGHTS into Dreams'. Due out on the Nintendo Wii for the end of the year 2007.
Development for this game has come fast and hard with so many changes to the game it's hard to keep up with what is still official and what has been zapped.
Originally developed under the secret title of 'Project Bedtime Story' the game has been in development behind very closed doors since around last years E3 when the game was nothing but speculation and whispers.

So It's our job to round up all the information and news to make your life easier.

Here at the .Com we were alerted of it being an actual full motion project in the presence of Sega staff themselves back in November 2006. That's a long time ago, so one can only imagine how much has been added since then. We know how far along the game is now but anything can happen between now and the release date as the original game proved to us. The reason we sent out large information parcels to Sega was to show what the fans want before anything is finalized. We thought it was important that people who have stuck around for 11 years had a voice.

Confirmed for the Nintendo Wii by us and ***** plus recent publishing leaks that were due for April. Fans and half the internet have been scrabbling for any information they can find on this very anticipated new game.

The choice of platform goes hand in hand with what NiGHTS is all about, immersive gameplay. The Wiimote is the perfect tool to experience ingame flight and movement. But fans of other platforms should not despair. Nothing has been solidly confirmed yet but we've personally heard of things that are coming your way later in 2008.

It is indeed true that the game is a whole new sequel with new characters and design elements, but at the same time paying homage to the original. It is not yet known to us how the two games link in terms of story but we know that two new dreamer children were designed called 'Kevin' and 'Helen' in early the development stage. Both of them being very blonde, Sonic 360 in appearance, with connections to Claris and Elliot unknown. It was said that the children were very British in appearance at the time. Kevin's story was the only one we had background details on. We will speak more about this after the Sega official confirmation this month. Even if it does change. I know you guys like production info because we missed out on it back in 1996.

Early screenshots our sources have seen featured Spring Valley with the windmills. The more recent shots of what looks like a redesign of Splash Garden suggest that either Claris and Elliot are indeed in this game or that SonicTeam forgot that in the original game the dreamscapes were unique to each dreamer. Spring Valley was said to be a place made from Claris' love for her father. So it will be interesting to see how SonicTeam will handle this storyline oopsie.
We've been told it's a sequel but at times it seems more like a rewrite with aspects from the original popping up. SonicTeam have been rewriting storylines a lot recently in their games so we hope that this is a true continuation to the original not just a souped up recreation mix for a nextgen system. But the word 'sequel' seems pretty straight forward so we'll stick with it until we know otherwise.

Other brief information we can give you that was in development a while ago was the use of a new power-up item called 'Persona'. Persona took the form of masks which enabled our wonderful NiGHTS to shapeshift into various new forms, some awesome, some frankly bizarre. We won't disclose what these were at this time, but i look forward to seeing if these are still included. In the original game NiGHTS would morph without the use of power-up's so this gives the player new incentive to clear different kinds of areas by different means.

Another main character we know about hugely based on Jung lore was to be included as a main character. The archetype 'The Great Mother'. We won't say much on this just now but just know that the SonicTeam are really pulling their Jung hats on this time.
NiGHTS him/herself has also undergone a lot in design process. Many re-designs were on the table including someone that looked reportedly like my U.V NiGHTS *lol thanks Sega XD;*, a midget NiGHTS and a frilly caped NiGHTS. NiGHTS was to originally have stars on his face and wear blue feathers on his feet. It was only recently that we got to see the finalized character design thanks to a Gamereactor magazine leak which is now half way around the internet. Maybe later we will be able to get a better look at these failed designs.

The patchwork puffy-like boss was also correctly described to us a few months ago by a Sega insider, so we know that our info is legit. It's interesting to see how much of the game changes as time goes on.

Wii connect 24
Exchange items with friends via the network and change the scenery according to real-world seasons using the Forecast Channel.

Also, I don't know if I really like the idea of this... if a level is meant to be snowy, I want to see it in all it's snowy glory. >_> If it doesn't snow in my town year round, I don't want to miss out. :/ Really, imo, the levels should just be set in stone... maybe it'll be interesting though... meh. I don't know.

btw, does anyone else not really like the new character model? I actually like the concept art more than the in game model. For some reason... it just looks a little weird to me.
firstscreens3.jpg

I don't know what it is... I guess the eyes... and the head itself looks a little wide or something. >_>

ant1532

Banned
The weather channel thing will probably only be specific to a certain level/s and dude, you don't think they will have the ability turn turn that feature on and off if it is somehow for every level? Come on,of course they will. And if some how they don't just don't be connected to the internet.

And if some how they don't just don't be connected to the internet.

Oh yeah. Why didn't I think of that... >_>
btw, I'm pretty sure I could post that image. I took it down, but now I'm going to put it back up. >_> It's a foreign language scan, so I think it's allowed here...

I haven't checked the settings on my weather channel in a while, but can't you set it for anywhere you want?

Yeah... but I don't really want to change my weather channel whenever I want the levels to be a certain way. Meh, just forget that I ever said anything about that. >_>
btw, they'll probably use wind speed too. It really is a pretty interesting idea. I think I like it. >_>

mushy

Banned
personally i dont know what to think. i never played the originals but from what i have gathered it had pretty graphics and you flew through hoops and stars and fruit and shit.? But why now why after all of this? what we need is more dino simulators and less sega gay furry mess.. i mean come on look what that nights dude has on. a gay asian disco outfit post cocaine binge

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mushy said:
personally i dont know what to think. i never played the originals but from what i have gathered it had pretty graphics and you flew through hoops and stars and fruit and shit.? But why now why after all of this? what we need is more dino simulators and less sega gay furry mess.. i mean come on look what that nights dude has on. a gay asian disco outfit post cocaine binge

And this is why you will never understand.

mushy said:

The door's that way, ass.

ivysaur12

Banned
mushy said:

The more I think about it, the more that I realize that junioring members is a perfect way to weed out the crappy ones.

Haunted

ant1532 said:
You're not allowed to post that picture.
I thought only english-language scans are not allowed?

mushy said:
What. the. ****.

segataheadlock.gif

mushy said:

Go away, please.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone wanna take bets on what he stupidly meant by dino simulator? $10 says he thought panzer dragoon had dinosaurs in it.

mushy

Banned
hey yall got the wrong idea here! i would of loved to of played the originals and i will probly pick this up once i can afford a wii. but all i was saying is the dude looks a bit gay.. or whats the term you NiGHTS fans use.. festive?

mushy said:
hey yall got the wrong idea here! i would of loved to of played the originals and i will probly pick this up once i can afford a wii. but all i was saying is the dude looks a bit gay.. or whats the term you NiGHTS fans use.. festive?

<3

mushy said:

I see. How does someone look gay, anyway? Is there a t-shirt or jacket that says "My sexual preference is the same gender as myself" or something?

ivysaur12

Banned
mushy said:

Now that mention it, as a gay man, I *DO* wear tons of purple jester hats all the time. Good call!

Segata Sanshiro said:
I see. How does someone look gay, anyway? Is there a t-shirt or jacket that says "My sexual preference is the same gender as myself" or something?

We have special binoculars. Yellow people are straight, green people are bi, and blue people are gay. You don't even want to know what orange means.

thetrin

mushy said:
no stupid. www.dinotime.info for more dino news

I was actually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You should've taken it. :\

ivysaur12 said:
Now that mention it, as a gay man, I *DO* wear tons of purple jester hats all the time. Good call!

We have special binoculars. Yellow people are straight, green people are bi, and blue people are gay. You don't even want to know what orange means.

motion sensor?

Speevy

Banned
I don't know what kind of crap you guys are talking about, but any classic franchises getting announced for the Wii is incredible.

nategc

Banned
mushy said:
hey whys everyone getting all butt hurt?

Dude, get the **** out of this thread, the first post was enough but to insult someone in a ****ing thread about a game you dislike is ****ing retarded. Get out and let us enjoy nights, if you don't like how festive nights look and all, you shouldn't even took the time to click on this thread...please do us a favor and **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom