• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Details from TGS

AAK

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Ninja gaiden survey....these things rarelly work but let them know your thoughts if you can
Here

username

ng3eg

password
ninja

edit: thanks, changed.

Thanks, I'm hyped for this game, but it's great to still voice the concerns about the performance, difficulty and rocket ninja's. Still looking forward to playing it.

Kayo-kun

I can't post my thoughts since the damn survey keeps telling me that I surpass the character limit (I've written 20 words on the 200 words window). Is this some kind of a bug or what? It's really annoying that I spent time and wrote my thoughts, then when I'm trying to submit, the survey won't be accepted. Someone help me out so this doesn't end up being a waste of time...

Kayo-kun said:
I can't post my thoughts since the damn survey keeps telling me that I surpass the character limit (I've written 20 words on the 200 words window). Is this some kind of a bug or what? It's really annoying that I spent time and wrote my thoughts, then when I'm trying to submit, the survey won't be accepted. Someone help me out so this doesn't end up being a waste of time...

keep editing, I had to do the same. Aslo 200 characters includes periods, commas and spaces.

Kayo-kun

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
keep editing, I had to do the same. Aslo 200 characters includes periods, commas and spaces.

Yeah I thought it was a bug or something first. Had to remove almost half of everything I had written... lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ultim8p00 said:
Told you guys this shit is worse than DmC. I don't get why you guys didn't understand it before. Element of randomness in an action game = broken button masher.
No one has played DmC yet. :p

does the survey allow responses in animated gif form?

also, if someone could put an itagaki head on Ryu and Hayashi heads on the ninjas, that would be pretty funny.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fuck, read those impressions...now I'm all depressed and shit. Why...what...who the fuck thought that the random interrupt animations ("Steel on Bone"? How dumb) would make the essence of NG any better? My god. Fuck this shit.

Paracelsus

Removal of projectiles was the best thing about NGS2, what sense does it make to nerf the enemies' strenght but put cheap obstacles back?

Realism, bitches!

I want to stay upon the gore, this is actually a reader question (thanks, Strange Sultan): “If they wanted the killing to be so real, why did they remove the dismemberment?” What’s your take on that?

Think about the reality of the dismemberment. The way it was presented in the past games, you would lop off some limbs and then, the enemies would still come back at you to blow themselves up and do more damage. That’s not realistic in itself. It was fun and we’re not saying it wasn’t fun and that it wasn’t good, it was a good system at the time.

I keep going back to visceral brutality and that you get a different feel, a different emotional connection if you’re just lopping off limbs from a faceless enemy or you’re going in to push a button to get that final cut into a human’s body. It’s not easy to cut off, to cut through bones.

And that’s what we’re trying to show with the steel on bones sequences as you get that katana stuck in people’s bones and it gets caught in the muscles and you have to push through for that final cut while the enemy is there less than a metre away. That’s more of the brutality we want to show.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/14/lonely-soul-tecmos-garza-on-all-things-ninja-gaiden-3/

:/

i know i'm in the minority but i think i'll let them go and realise exactly what they wanted before judging too much .

yes before was a fun mecanic, but i dunno if (more of the same ) would have been fun ...we'll all completed MG2 or MGS2 to death don't you want to see something new ?

i'll wait playing it myself before having a fixed negative opinion ... and yes cutting trough bones and flesh is freaking hard. ( so long as they don't put a systeme where blood is rusting the blade overtime..i'll be fine with that

benzy

It's embarrassing seeing them try to justify taking out dismemberment. They should just admit the real reason.

TreIII

...In order to show Ryu Hayabusa as this dark hero, you need to, at some level, emphasize with the enemies. And you don’t emphasize with just an object if it’s the same as a watermelon or lampshade. You sort of need to humanize the enemies.

I think that’s something that definitely came across earlier with the soldier pleading for his life.

Right, so we’re trying to explore that aspect of violence. So rather than the splatter and the gore, we’re looking at violence and that kind of brutality and seeing how that plays into Ryu Hayabusa as a human and as a ninja who’s there to do a job.

Excuse me...What?

I'm here to play a GAME about a Stylish Super Ninja, dammit. Developing an empathy for the people I'm killing as Hayabusa is not my prerogative, anymore than the multiple Goombas I've stomped on as Mario.

For the sake of all that's good, I REALLY hope they take those comments from the Survey seriously.

Kinyou

I keep going back to visceral brutality and that you get a different feel, a different emotional connection if you’re just lopping off limbs from a faceless enemy or you’re going in to push a button to get that final cut into a human’s body. It’s not easy to cut off, to cut through bones.
The problem is that a super ninja who flies through the air and cuts people with incredible speed and power could easily cut off peoples arms and legs.

And why make the game realistic in that part but then let Ryu cut through a Tank made of steel?

rvy

Banned
Speedymanic said:
Uncalled for.

;p
I was careful enough to only quote the link part.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom