• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'll be surprised if next reviews won't score this lower than what it did on the OXM.

Can't say much cos there is an embargo but just be advised this is the worst NG in the series IMO.

Also, "60fps heritage" my ass. At least on PS3.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i wonder if they'll take the money from this release and use it to fund an improved version on a different platform, just like the last two ninja gaiden games

team ninja have a very interesting way of keeping fans happy

I'm going to be too busy with Warriors Orochi 3.

This will be a fun thread to read I suppose.

i wonder if they'll take the money from this release and use it to fund an "improved" version on a different platform, just like the last two ninja gaiden games
I played through Sigma 2.
Even with all the added features & changes I can't call it an improvement. Really felt like it was missing some things.

tusken77

How about playing with a big dumb sword? :D

Gb1p6.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/13/retailer-lists-ninja-gaiden-3-special-edition-with-bloody-sword/

Mrbob

I'll be surprised if next reviews won't score this lower than what it did on the OXM.

Can't say much cos there is an embargo but just be advised this is the worst NG in the series IMO.

D:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Pointless. The last thing you want to do in NG3 is waggling. You can still use the Move buttons tho, which is much preferable if you care about pulling off combos.

Also, there is no logic reason why Move is only supported in Hero mode. There is nothing about the Move controls (when using buttons) that makes you less efficient than when using the DS3. Hero mode only triggers auto-blocking/evading when you are low on health. Other than that, it only differs from other modes in that there are less enemies and you suffer less damage.

Nice and clean OT, well done.

I'm very tempted to get this one. I end up getting the Mass Effect 3 CE instead of this CE so if I get it it will be the regular edition, however there is one thing that I'm concerned:

Is it going to be hard even on "Normal" difficulty? Hero mode will be really OK for someone who is terrible in, let's say God of War games? Is there any info about this? I promissed myself that I will not buy any hard games anymore since I'm having less time and all I want is story and gameplay, no need for a big challenge... =/

If any kind GAFfer can give me some info (if there's any) about that issue, thanks in advance!

if you cant complete hero in this, you may as well give up on action games altogether.

This is by far the eaisest ninja gaiden title.

Weird, It was the xbox version that suffered the most when I played it but ill repost what I think you are talking about from my own playthrough of the demo.

Performance:
Holy shit. Wasn’t the lack of decapitations supposed be to make sure the game ran smoothly? NG3 has the most framerate drops I have ever seen in a Ninja gaiden game, outside of the staircase fight in NG2. At most there are about 5 grunts on screen as well as Ryu, but once you take into all the blood and lighting effects from the New UT, the framerate Chugs down to about 20Fps. Granted, this was only in the area that I was letting enemies continuously respawn but It was amazing to see that this got past QA. And yes, even without that, performance seemed noticeable worse on 360 than it did on PS3.

Brannon

Oh my, I so cannot wait for the review thread for this!

The only scheduled 60 fps action game?

Well, there is the Devil May Cry HD collection. I'll probably go out and rent this. I wanted this game to take steps towards NG Black, not away. In really all instances, I don't expect this to be be better than even NG2.

EDIT: I also just realized how hilarious the notion that a game that is apparently 60 fps has so many instances of deliberate QTE's and "cinematic slowdowns."

Anyway, hope I'm wrong and this game is the best in the series but I have my doubts.

sleepykyo

Well ‚ damn.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ok I haven't played the previous Ninja Gaidens, and I haven't been following this that closely, but I thought it looked pretty cool. Why does everyone think it will suck?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
was going to buy it then........ lol

Er-you didn't need to use any of the other weapons in the other two Ninja Gaiden, dude. The Dragon Sword was the answer to 99.9% of encounters, including bosses, in the game. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

Losing the Lunar sucks, but frankly it won't be missed in general gameplay.

Why does everyone think it will suck?

Because it isn't Ninja Gaiden: Black HD Remix. Play NG:Black and then come back to ask that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Lol! Crap game. Graphics looked good to me though.

Er-you didn't need to use any of the other weapons in the other two Ninja Gaiden, dude. The Dragon Sword was the answer to 99.9% of encounters, including bosses, in the game. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

Losing the Lunar sucks, but frankly it won't be missed in general gameplay.

Because it isn't Ninja Gaiden: Black HD Remix. Play NG:Black and then come back to ask that.

I somewhat agree in NG1, but the other weapons in NG2 were frigging awesome, don't try to defend this shit.

Zeliard

I somewhat agree in NG1, but the other weapons in NG2 were frigging awesome, don't try to defend this shit.

Yeah, there's no defending it. NG2 was a masterful game when it came to the offense, and a large part of that were the number of excellent weapons. Tonfas were my jam.

Xater

Oh boy....

Worst game yet and it has framerate problems? This will probably go to the no buy at all list then lol.

.la1n

I think it will still be a decent action romp, I wasn't expecting Ninja Gaiden Black: The Return. I never was one to care about frame drops and what not anyway (Castlevania:LoS) - if it's fun, it's fun.

MCD

Dabi/Dark Dragon Blade were more efficient and effective against the golden knights.

Just one example where the Dragon Sword sucks.

TheSeks

http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-36124017-12326/Not-sure-if-serious+2.jpg

Completely serious. There's even an achievement for beating the game with nothing bust the Dragon Sword in NG2 FFS
and one for the other weapons, but let's ignore that

Dropping the other weapons isn't the biggest loss for the game.

UrbanRats

• Playing as Ryu makes you feel like a super hero as he is nearly unstoppable, meaning you won’t die as nearly as much as in previous games.

• Gone is every primary weapon save for Ryu’s single sword (You still have shurikens).

• You are stuck with a non-upgradable sword and Ryu’s health regenerates after each battle, so health restoring items have been excised.

• Ninpo has become a use it or lose it perk that powers up during each encounter.

• Limb removal is gone.

• Bosses are nowhere near as memorable or numerous as you’d expect from a Ninja Gaiden game.
ibbFtbPC4daA9H.gif

Zeliard

Completely serious. There's even an achievement for beating the game with nothing bust the Dragon Sword

There are achievements for going through NG2 with each of the weapons exclusively. :p

Aru

Sigh... Move implementation seems disappointing if it's only for Hero Mode :(
Also frame drops ? I'm starting to seriously hate that. I hate unstable frame rates.
I didn't bother until recently, but they seriously alter my appreciation of games.

Maybe it's time for me to switch to PC gaming ?

TheSeks

Yes. But you didn't need them to complete the game. That's my point: Bitch about the loss, but it doesn't change the gameplay since you could complete the game without using any of those other weapons at all. Same thing here, those weapons would/wouldn't be used and it isn't as huge a deal as you guys are making it out to be. Sucks, yes, but whatever.

Dabi/Dark Dragon Blade were more efficient and effective against the golden knights.

Yes, but you could still kill them with the Dragon Sword.

There are achievements for going through NG2 with each of the weapons exclusively. :p

WHOOSH goes my spoiler over your head. I know. My point is: You don't need the other weapons at all. They're nice, sure, but they aren't needed. NG3 dropping them sucks, but it isn't a huge deal.

LiK

Hayashi am cry

TEJ

Er-you didn't need to use any of the other weapons in the other two Ninja Gaiden, dude. The Dragon Sword was the answer to 99.9% of encounters, including bosses, in the game. Search your heart, you know it to be true..

they might not have been necessary but they did add to the experience.

Zeliard

WHOOSH goes my spoiler over your head. I know. My point is: You don't need the other weapons at all. They're nice, sure, but they aren't needed. NG3 dropping them sucks, but it isn't a huge deal.

Who gives a shit about "needing" them? They're fun to use and offer a different experience.

Completely serious. There's even an achievement for beating the game with nothing bust the Dragon Sword in NG2 FFS

It is a loss for me considering my favorite weapons are not the Dragon Sword. In NG1 I only used the flails and Lunar once I got them. Also there are many situation where the dragon sword isn't ideal. Try going thru NG2 with just the dragon sword in Master Ninja difficulty and tell me how you do.

So speak for yourself.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed. Reading impressions and people exploring all the content of this is my new game for march.

Why are you defending the franchise removing variety for no real reason?

UrbanRats

NG3 dropping them sucks, but it isn't a huge deal.

Nice graphics are also not needed, so let's play in wireframe.
What are you getting at, dude? Yeah, you could win the whole game with the DS, you could also win the whole game with any other weapon.
Yes, the DS was probably the more versatile of them all, and so? For example i used the Vigoorian Flail a LOT (it was my favorite to use, actually).

Just because you don't need something, doesn't mean it's not a big deal, i don't need to play videogames to begin with.

benzy

You can decide to only use the same character with the same style in fighting games, but where's the fun in that?

Untrue. The TDS does hella damage against the Golden Knights, you get them to change form in 2 short combos.

It's really versatile for practically every situation...but that doesn't mean you always want to use it. Sometimes you want to kick ass with the Lunar staff, or sometimes you wanna bust out the Flails. Them just taking out the option altogether is pretty...undefendable.

hayejin

Pretty much expected. I'm already in debt from vita purchases anyway so no buy until price really plummets.

Top Bottom