• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

zig said:
Is there some secret to playing Ninja Gaiden? I feel like I'm doing it wrong, my playing style is barely above mindless button mashing this is not very ninja-like.

The game is very much like a fighting game in action game clothing. Try and get familiar with a few combos that feel effective and keep using them; you don't have to memorize every single one.

SSM25

BeeDog said:
The ordinary resolution is 720p (I think it's the standard 1280x720), and the 1080p mode is some semi-FullHD (something along 1280x1080 upscaled). The 1080p mode is hideous.

so sigma was 720p at 60FPS at least and NG2 is sub-HD?...:lol

Somebody should interview hayashi

zig said:
Is there some secret to playing Ninja Gaiden? I feel like I'm doing it wrong, my playing style is barely above mindless button mashing this is not very ninja-like.

Constant movement, roll, block, counter attack

One of the few games where defense is actually your best friend

Mamesj

Banned
Somebody please replace "play easy mode" to "render below 720p" and "Easy mode?" to "Sub-HD?"

e6ulug.jpg

I am not good with computer and don't know what font that is.

Pachinko

Yeah , sigma definetly had various image flaws. The port job they did on the ninja gaiden engine wasn't finished, 5 minute installation and you still had to wait 20 seconds to load a level that was filled with 3-5 second loads in between (where the xbox version had NO loading within levels). Also while the game does look nice alot of the time the actual geometry for everything aside from character models is identical to the xbox1 version, they merely retextured it all , added a new lighting model and made sure it ran at 720P.

Sigma is still a fun game but NG2 is the real deal. And atleast NG2 may have water that looks better then the xbox1 game ... the water in sigma looked dreamcast caliber.

FUCK GUYS, THE GAME IS ALMOST OUT I can't wait any longer and I live in canada so I probably won't get the game on tuesday like the vast majority of you guys. No I'll probably get bent over and fucked in the ass with the 12 inch rapedick known as "delayed shipment to canada" or worse the 18 inch rapedick known as "delayed a week to shove a french manual no one ever keeps or reads in the box" .

TAJ said:
In addition to not knowing how to spell anamorphic, you obviously also don't know what it means.
In the context of digital video, it means using non-square pixels. When displayed full-screen on a widescreen display, the resulting stretching will correct the geometric distortion that the frame has when viewed at 1:1.
Ninja Gaiden on Xbox was 640X480, whether you played in widescreen or not. When you selected widescreen, the console rendered the image with the pixels more concentrated vertically than horizontally. Viewed with square pixels, a widescreen Ninja Gaiden frame would make a circle look like on oval standing on end.
All widescreen Wii games are like this, too.

And yes, in addition to having well over twice as many pixels per frame, NG2 also has 2XAA, while NG has none.
all team ninja games on xbox used a 720x480 framebuffer.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My first run in with alma.

o
m
g

I'm not looking forward to seeing her powered up. :( She reminds me of a pissed off vergil. :(

I'm at the military base. The dragon sword has been my main weapon so far. Flying swallow, izuna drop, and that wall slash tech = victory.

bPod

Im debating whether I should buy this or not.

First Gaiden was hard, even on the easiest setting and the reviews for both are top notch. I'll see what my wallet looks like after June 12, I got big purchases on that day ;)

Draft

Ynos Yrros said:
Yup the reports of Sigma screen tearing and in level loading are just more FUD like that whole Konami MGS4 review NDA thing.

Despicable what goes on in this industry.

DuckRacer

Mamesj said:
Somebody please replace "play easy mode" to "render below 720p" and "Easy mode?" to "Sub-HD?"

http://i29.tinypic.com/e6ulug.jpg

I am not good with computer and don't know what font that is.
Quick mediocre job:

mkixsi.png

I'm not sure what the exact font was, but Marker Felt was close enough so I used that.

(And I can't get the colors right for whatever reason. :()

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SSM25 said:
so sigma was 720p at 60FPS at least and NG2 is sub-HD?...:lol

NG2 has 2XAA and Sigma has no AA. NG2 has 42% more samples per second if you want to use Xbox1-style fill rate spin.
Or more if you count Sigma's shitty frame rate, lolz.

Just wondering where everyone (in NA) plans to buy there copy from.

I've never pre-ordered a game and I haven't decide which chain to buy the game from. Any in-store incentives?

RBH

·feist· said:
Just wondering where everyone (in NA) plans to buy there copy from.

I've never pre-ordered a game and I haven't decide which chain to buy the game from. Any in-store incentives?
I'm getting my copy from Best Buy since I have a $55 gift card there.

Best Buy and Circuit City are giving a free Ryu wall-scroll when you buy the game in-store.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
This is just a rumour but apparently 1080p native is unlocked after beating Path of the Master Ninja. Only true gamers are worthy of the extra pixels. When asked about this Itagaki pretty much confirmed it, saying "fuck the rest, enjoy your fucking 585p Ninja dogs... ahaahhaahh."

Are there any pictures of the wall graphic from Circuit city and the one from best buy? I don't know where I should get my copy from; they are both suppose to be different.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Dammit, I cant buy it on day one. Stupid ME PC. Still, I'll get this game asap.

Drewsy

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
Are there any pictures of the wall graphic from Circuit city and the one from best buy? I don't know where I should get my copy from; they are both suppose to be different.
Best Buy:

f_ninjagarden_080511_2.jpg

:lol

looks like shit

Mamesj

Banned
Duck said:
Quick mediocre job:

mkixsi.png

I'm not sure what the exact font was, but Marker Felt was close enough so I used that.

(And I can't get the colors right for whatever reason. :()

It's on its way...bold and italics could make it perfect? Thanks, this could get some good use :D

RSTEIN said:
This is just a rumour but apparently 1080p native is unlocked after beating Path of the Master Ninja. Only true gamers are worthy of the extra pixels. When asked about this Itagaki pretty much confirmed it, saying "fuck the rest, enjoy your fucking 585p Ninja dogs... ahaahhaahh."

Then he ate a whole Tekken 6 arcade machine with nothing but his bare teeth.

I hope the music kicks ass again. NG1's music was perfect.

no aerosmith plz lol

Jirotrom

RSTEIN said:
:lol :lol :lol

RBH

cool_dude_2049 said:
I think the picture of the wall graphic is in the Weekly Ad on the Circuit City website.

Mamesj

Banned
btw, is that anime girl pic^^^ insulting to people who play easy modes? 'cause i thought it was making fun of people who care about what modes people play...i offended someone on another forum with it, whoops :D

3 more days until I can stop reviewing reviews, posting dumb pics, and dreaming about killing werewolves.

DuckRacer

Vaxadrin said:
Use italics.
Mamesj said:
It's on its way...bold and italics could make it perfect? Thanks, this could get some good use :D
I can't. It's already on the "bold" setting and there's no option for italics. I guess I could manually transform the letters but I'm really lazy and my pos image editor likely won't do it the way I want to do it.

Mamesj

Banned
Duck said:
I can't. It's already on the "bold" setting and there's no option for italics. I guess I could manually transform the letters but I'm really lazy and my pos image editor likely won't do it the way I want to do it.

ah, no worries. good enough dude :)

RBH said:
I'm getting my copy from Best Buy since I have a $55 gift card there.

Best Buy and Circuit City are giving a free Ryu wall-scroll when you buy the game in-store.
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like it always comes down to BB & CC.

Piper Az

·feist· said:
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like it always comes down to BB & CC.
I like BB or CC because there's no hassle. You just pick the game up, goto the counter, and pay. Nothing like "you wanna reserve a game X? strategy guide? we only have the last copy - it's out of box but it's "new"..."

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Okay.

I have an XBL Japanese account. I used a free xbox live gold trial pass code for said Japanese account. And...

It won't let me download the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo. I've downloaded Japanese demos before. What am I doing wrong?

There is a RUMOR that if you play on Mentor or higher you come across
doopleganger fights like Ninja Gaiden Black.
I hope this is true, but I won't get my hopes up.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
a Master Ninja said:
There is a RUMOR that if you play on Mentor or higher you come across
doopleganger fights like Ninja Gaiden Black.
I hope this is true, but I won't get my hopes up.
What do you mean by that?

Top Bottom