• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

BY2K said:
So do you Europeans have plans for Friday? Midnight Launches? Launch Parties?
In the UK Club Nintendo are doing an invite only launch party thing at a nightclub in London on the Thursday (guess similar to Pokemon Black and White) something like 8PM-Midnight. They sent out invites to join the ballot a few weeks back. Also the sponsors got some tickets to give away (e.g. HMV through thier reward scheme).

Midnight launches at a number of GAME stores. HMV stores too. The main London one the first 500 (was it 500 or 100?) get a game free too, other HMV stores doing the midnight opening also have a similar (but smaller) version.

BY2K said:
Europe didn't get Excitebots?
Nope US only (so no Japan either). I did my part and got a US copy for $20+$15 shipping. Its another reason why I'm waiting on 3DS. All the regions will suck with games missing but I need to see which one sucks the least. Problem is this changes on a regular basis and sometimes pros other than games outweight the cons of lack of games. End of the day, if I can't make a decision I feel I won't regret (as made the wrong one, have to do double dip) I might just skip the system entirely.

jump_button said:
when is the E-shop planed for EU? we alway get that type of thing so much later then others
Firmware updates have always been simultanious. Access comes with a mfirmware update. But the much later part is the actual content due to stupidity like small developer has to find EU publisher who will pulbish game then pay ratings. NOE have to approve the same game NOA aprroved just because adding Italian or whatever could add bugs, this takes time (even if no content has changed as its going through the motions, only the manuals need to be translated and I think Nintendo handles those). After all that is done its entered into NOEs queue which seemingly has little sense of priorty for killer aps (Shantae could have easily out in December for instance, instead Feburary after weeks of meh).

dc89

Wallet = ready (well it will be on Thursday)
Body = ready
Mentally = ready
GF = not ready to lose her BF for weeks

AndyMoogle said:
No reviews for Ghost Recon yet? That's the only game I'm interested in out of the launch titles.
Rumors are that the publisher isn't allowing reviews of any of their games until system launch. Heck, we didn't even get a decent video of the game until yesterday.

Dreamwriter said:
Rumors are that the publisher isn't allowing reviews of any of their games until system launch. Heck, we didn't even get a decent video of the game until yesterday.
So basically all Ubisoft games will suck ass. :(

meppi

Well I have my black one reserved at the Bart Smit around the corner, along with Pilotwings and Ridge Racer. :)

And as I always do on system launches, I've taken the day off from work to be able to enjoy it fully. :D

Adamm

Pre-ordered & Shipped (apparently) :D

Except im away this weekend - My guess is it will arrive just as im leaving on friday morning, just to mock me :(

As soon as a date is set for Ocarina of Time my money saving process will begin. I'd love to get one this week but aside from my lack of funds the only two games that interest me out of the starting line-up are Street Fighter and Rayman 2 which I own already so I can wait.

OMG THEY'VE CALLED ME FROM THE GAME STORE!!!
THEY HAVE MY 3DS AND I CAN GO NOW FOR IT!!!
Fuck yeah!

They told me they didnt had games yet (tomorrow) but well, im too excited to wait so im going to get it right now.

My body is ready!

CaVaYeRo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
OMG THEY'VE CALLED ME FROM THE GAME STORE!!!
THEY HAVE MY 3DS AND I CAN GO NOW FOR IT!!!
Fuck yeah!

They told me they didnt had games yet (tomorrow) but well, im too excited to wait so im going to get it right now.

My body is ready!

Where?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just wanted to give a hello to our friends in Europe from the US launch thread. Not too much longer now!

CaVaYeRo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
In a store in Valencia.
You were from Madrid or Barcelona no?

Its strange because Nintendo always bring them their products on wednesday afternoon, but is seems games will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks. Yes, I'm usually around Madrid-Ciudad Real, it's weird a retailer has it already out, I thought craziness would start tomorrow

CoolS

Great, apparently I get either Super Monkey Ball, Asphalt or Sims 3 for free with my amazon order, but only Sims is available at the moment :( I want Monkey Ball!

Edit: YESSS! Now it just worked. Monkey Ball for free! I love Amazon.

Uh oh, my copy of SSFIV dispatched but my 3DS is still dispatching soon.

I'm so going to receive the game a day earlier than the console. N'ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Starwolf_UK said:
In the UK Club Nintendo are doing an invite only launch party thing at a nightclub in London on the Thursday (guess similar to Pokemon Black and White) something like 8PM-Midnight. They sent out invites to join the ballot a few weeks back. Also the sponsors got some tickets to give away (e.g. HMV through thier reward scheme).
Really? They didn't send me an email about it. :( Then again, I don't really want to spend the night in a loud room with most likely horrible music full of sweaty nerds so I probably would have passed anywho.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MiloFoxburr said:
How much was Priority Delivery? Might change to it if it's not too high.

It's basically the price of a game. ~£26 for the 3DS and two games. Funnily enough, though, delivery went down by 4 euros when I took out the screen protectors - €4 P&P just for those!

besiktas1

ugggggh, fucking Tesco, Ship it!!!!!!!

KtVPQ.png

mclem

BY2K said:
You lucky bastards, getting it 2 days before us.

What's with Europe getting stuff before NA, anyway? Normally, it's the other way around

And yet, *we're* the lucky bastards for getting it first? Righto...

gofreak said:
It's basically the price of a game. ~£26 for the 3DS and two games. Funnily enough, though, delivery went down by 4 euros when I took out the screen protectors - €4 P&P just for those!

Thanks bumped my shipping up to Priority, hope it works out now and I get the console on Friday.

besiktas1

Just got an email from tesco about what's happening with their shipping. Unfortunately Somali pirates have commandeered their ship, therefore we have not yet been shipped our 3DS.

They sent me this photo which was taken around an hour ago. What shall we do?!!

mwqZ9.jpg

beje

Banned
And now I'm thinking that my amazon UK order will be dispatched in 2 days and shipped in 4 or 5. All for saving around 60€...

Rich!

GOT MINE TODAY...in my store.

sweeeet.

Can't buy it or take it home until Friday, but yeah. It's there!

MNC

• Still going to hold off until I can find a slightly better price than 250€ for the console
  • 45€ for games is pretty expensive
  • I don't really want to triple dip in SSF4 but I still do :( The game is the only good launch game IMO.

What do I doooooooooo~

No I'm going to clean out my actual backlog first! Wait a few weeks, see what pops up 3DS wise... Then perhaps purchase it!

Top Bottom