• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Yeah, 3D Land is fantastic. It's the best handheld platformer until Rayman Origins comes to 3DS (unless it's a s***ty UbiPort).

As I mentioned above, I'm loving Pushmo as well, in addition to VVVVVV and Kirby's Adventure. Fun system.

So the 3DS version of Rayman: Origins will be better than the Vita version? Honest question, because I don't know anything about the handheld versions of the game.

So the 3DS version of Rayman: Origins will be better than the Vita version? Honest question, because I don't know anything about the handheld versions of the game.

We will have to see, but everything being equal (in terms of port quality) the Vita will probably be better given the nicer screen. Your quote is just referring to the fact that Rayman Origins is awesome on every platform.

I am kind of surprised how many games I have for this thing. Including the 20 ambassador games, I feel pretty backlogged already :( considering I got hooked on Zelda 2 of all things...not playing MK7, SM3DL, OOT, Shinobi, or anything...just Zelda 2, but it's really good haha

Same here, Jesus. Most of the GBA games they put out I had never played before, so I'm trying to balance those with DQV, Kirby 3D, Pushmo, and some of the other Virtual Console titles I haven't finished. If this thing had better battery life (say, 10 hours with 3D off), this would rank among my favorite handhelds.

Marco1

Absolutely loving my red 3DS but is there a reason why SNES games won't be coming to the e-shop?
Imagine super mario world in 3d!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Going to chip in on Gundam 3D - the game is pretty easy but i had a ton of fun with it. It's hitting the bargain bins around Tokyo now so anyone in Japan with a 3DS who missed out on it could do much worse - so give it a whirl :)

Or Link to the past 3d!! Also Super Metroid. Now I've upset myself :(

Is the club nintendo mario vs dk worth getting for 150 coins?

Bumhead

Banned
Feel like I should download something from the E-Shop. Already got Pushmo and VVVVVV isn't here yet in UK land.

Particularly thinking of Kirby Adventures. Can anyone recommed?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Rayman Origin's is set for a March release apparently. Can't wait for that one, I feel that game is better suited for a portable than a console.

Rayman Origin's is set for a March release apparently. Can't wait for that one, I feel that game is better suited for a portable than a console.

I got it for $30 on PS3 like a month ago and I haven't played it yet lol. You might be right though I can't pass judgement until after I've played it.

Tunavi

Banned
Feel like I should download something from the E-Shop. Already got Pushmo and VVVVVV isn't here yet in UK land.

Particularly thinking of Kirby Adventures. Can anyone recommed?
I'm picking it up once I finish Super Mario 3D land. or maybe metroid 2. or donkey kong. Urg.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Great thread guys. I only just recently ordered my ice white 3DS from the UK. I'll only have Super Mario 3D Land and GR to keep me busy initially but I'll definitely be grabbing Tales as soon as it becomes readily available again.

Hopefully we'll get some more remastered titles from the N64 back catalogue (along with lots of new content/IP) at some stage in the future. A 3D remaster of Wave Race and Super Mario 64 would be brilliant.

Does anyone know if Devil Survivor has received a PAL release?

I disagree.

- Horrible sound balance
- Incredibly glitchy sound effects
- Somewhat glitchy graphic effects and animation
- No dynamic lighting/shading
- No Globox Village
- Poor, occasionally headache-inducing 3D implementation
- Very unstable framerate, guaranteed drops whenever an enemy is on screen
- No voice acting option
- No new content
- $40

Stay away from Rayman 3D unless you find it dirt cheap and haven't played Rayman 2.

rayman 1 on dsiware is better anyway

I'm not saying the game is amazing; but, some of your points are a bit reaching.

The sound and frame-rate are both negatives, I agree. It was also a bit of a downer that there wasn't any new content.

The 3D effect, however, wasn't poorly implemented. It had deep 3D without much cross-talk. The only time I felt myself getting a headache was during the "Top of the World." (The level with the roller-coasterish begining) The sense of depth was really strong.

And you know the game isn't $40.00. At most it's $20.00. (I got it for a fiver)

I like the DSiWare version of the original Rayman. It can be a bit difficult with the GIANT RAYMAN SPRITE. :p

PKrockin

I'm not saying the game is amazing; but, some of your points are a bit reaching.

The sound and frame-rate are both negatives, I agree. It was also a bit of a downer that there wasn't any new content.

The 3D effect, however, wasn't poorly implemented. It had deep 3D without much cross-talk. The only time I felt myself getting a headache was during the "Top of the World." (The level with the roller-coasterish begining) The sense of depth was really strong.

And you know the game isn't $40.00. At most it's $20.00. (I got it for a fiver)

The major offender of headache-causing 3D implementation is that tutorial frog. Every time he appears, he flies away into the screen and it hurts my eyes. I've played five other 3DS games and none of them at any point physically hurt my eyes. Ubisoft did not know how to properly use 3D and they didn't care.

It's not just that there's no new content, there's less content than versions of the game from ten years ago. $40 for an extremely buggy, stripped-down port of a Dreamcast/N64/PS1 game on a much more capable platform? After it's already been ported to every system under the sun? Are you for real? Doesn't matter that it's $10 now because so is every other 3DS launch game... like that launch port that doesn't suck: SSFIV.

dreamfall

Did anyone play WWE Allstars on the 3DS? I loved the game on the 360, I'm wondering if it's a worthy port... I'm hearing strange things about the control reversal on the D-pad? Anyone playing it?

verbatimo

I hate to be pessimistic, but even if 3DS sold 5 billion consoles, western third party still woudn't support it with decent games. Look at vita and what western support it is getting.

Example: ubisoft games:

Vita
Rayman Origins
Lumines
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Asphalt
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
undefined Assassin's Creed title marked for "calendar 2012".

Launch games sure, but even the above list look much better than crap ubisoft put to 3DS launch.

Future 3DS titles

Funky Barn (simulation game) – 3DS – June 2012
Fantasy Petz (simulation game) – 3DS – June 2012
Monster 4X4 (racing) – 3DS – June 2012
Puzzler Crosswords – 3DS – June 2012

Even when 3DS has good, what 12-13million consoles lead, the western 3rd party support seems to be better on Vita than 3DS. Japanese support is whole different thing, but it seems clear to me, that western 3rd party developers have no intent to give any kind of support to 3DS.

I gladly will be wrong, but I fear that next E3, news regarding western 3rd party support to 3DS won't be any good.

wrowa

Vita
Rayman Origins
Lumines
Asphalt

Launch games sure, but even the above list look much better than crap ubisoft put to 3DS launch.

Future 3DS titles

Your point is that both plattforms get horrible games by western 3rd parties? I don't really see why it's important that one plattform might get games that are slightly less horrible if in the end no one would buy any game of either list.

Okay, Rayman Origins (which is also to be released on the 3DS) and Lumines are good games. But that's about it.

I hate to be pessimistic, but even if 3DS sold 5 billion consoles, western third party still woudn't support it with decent games. Look at vita and what western support it is getting.

Example: ubisoft games:

Vita
Rayman Origins
Lumines
Asphalt

Future 3DS titles

Even when 3DS has good, what 12-13million consoles lead, the western 3rd party support seems to be better on Vita than 3DS. Japanese support is whole different thing, but it seems clear to me, that western 3rd party developers have no intent to give any kind of support to 3DS.

I gladly will be wrong, but I fear that next E3, news regarding western 3rd party support to 3DS won't be any good.

You seem to have left out the fact that Asphalt and Michael Jackson are already out on the 3DS and Rayman is coming out in a couple of months?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Don't be talkin' shit about Funky Barn.

(I agree with your point, aside from the fact that the Vita lineup in that post isn't much more appealing.)

verbatimo

Yeah i forgot Rayman Origins for 3DS, but still the future western support to vita is miles ahead than 3DS.

Games that have already been announced.

- Assassins Creed, Vita
- Bioshock, Vita
- Call of Duty, Vita
- Killzone, Vita

Where are same kinds of games for 3DS? Console is almost 1 year old and still no decent FPS-game for 3DS.

Nintendo will once again clear the table, with their awesome games, but I really would like to see some good western support to 3DS.

No idea about Assassins Creed; we might get one some day. Bioshock? Can't see PC guys like Levine or anyone being interested in it. Call of Duty will probably come to the 3DS next year. Killzone? Well...

A Prime-style Metroid would be nice, though, definitely.

Yeah i forgot Rayman Origins for 3DS, but still the future western support to vita is miles ahead than 3DS.

- Assassins Creed, Vita
- Bioshock, Vita
- Call of Duty, Vita
- Killzone, Vita

Where are same kinds of games for 3DS? Console is almost 1 year old and still no decent FPS-game for 3DS.

Nintendo will once again clear the table, with their awesome games, but I really would like to see some good western support to 3DS.

We all knew what kind of western support 3DS would have.Because for years DS was a really successful device and western support was shit for the most part and western companies are looking at android/iPhone/iPad when they develop portable games.

But I don't want knockoff titles from console IP's on portables, and I'm serious.

You listed a first party IP and few, most than presumably, second rate ports/spin off games.

Mileena

Banned
I'm in America

Scamco
jgO2a.gif

Platy

- Assassins Creed, Vita
- Bioshock, Vita
- Call of Duty, Vita
- Killzone, Vita

If you want those games, buy a playstation 3. Handhelds are made for handheld games

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
well there is SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked (US, but no PAL release)

How is this? I'm fiending for a 3DS RPG but I know nothing about the game/series. Is it gonna be really daunting for someone who tends to be overwhelmed by complex/difficult RPG's?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dumb general question about the 3DS: if I were to go out and buy a new 3DS tomorrow, would I be able to transfer my saves and my digital games over to it? It's Nintendo so I'm guessing no but with the SD card and the Club Nintendo account I'm using, it seems plausible. Obviously I won't be doing this anytime soon but if there is a revision I hope it's possible.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Dumb general question about the 3DS: if I were to go out and buy a new 3DS tomorrow, would I be able to transfer my saves and my digital games over to it? It's Nintendo so I'm guessing no but with the SD card and the Club Nintendo account I'm using, it seems plausible. Obviously I won't be doing this anytime soon but if there is a revision I hope it's possible.

Everything will be transferred over. Saves, digital games, eShop funds, even Activity Log usage times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom