• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikma

Banned
I've been doing some math lately and... my budget is completely dry for the rest of the year, my Wii U Deluxe pre-order has burned it to the ground, I'm gonna have to cancel my Adventure Time pre-order sometime this week. :(

I fucking regret getting Lego Batman 2 on launch even more now.
LLShC.gif

zroid

Banned
Well there was nothing else at launch apart from SSF4. People get desperate. Don't feel bad.

For me, Pokemon Black was my "launch title". I couldn't properly play it on my DS Lite because of Wi-Fi settings so I waited for the 3DS. That really kept me going through the drought. My first game was Ocarina of Time 3D (well, actually 3DC Excitebike).

RM8

I think Samurai Warriors, Street Fighter, Ridge Racer and Shadow Wars made for a decent launch. SSFIV is still my second most played game. In any case, Pikma was talking about Lego Batman 2 which came some months ago, so it wasn't really related to any launch drought :p

Ghosts 'n Goblins coming to 3DS eShop next week

Just in time for Halloween, the NES version of Ghosts 'n Goblins arrives on the 3DS eShop to torment poor Arthur all over again. This '80s classic is rated E for 'Mild Fantasy Violence,' though IMO the ESRB should consider adding descriptors for 'Soul Crushing Difficulty' and 'Not Responsible When You Snap the 3DS In Half.'

This is actually the second Capcom game I played, ever (the first being 1942). First saw it in a fine Kentucky lodge arcade, then realized a friend had the same game on NES months later. Designed as a quarter muncher, GnG really tests your skill and demands precise play from beginning to end. However, I always felt the game did so much with so little, creating an oppressive, unwelcome mood that made you feel like the journey was truly impossible. But with enough perseverance (or like $50 in quarters) you could win the day.

So uh, yeah! Step up to the challenge next week, on 10/25!

Source

i remember having a lot of fun with Ghosts 'n Goblins

Pikma

Banned
Well there was nothing else at launch apart from SSF4. People get desperate. Don't feel bad.

No no no no, that would be ok, actually, what I meant is that I got the game when it released (i.e. the game, not the system), for $39.99, and it fucking sucked. :(

vareon

Through the end of 2012, here are the notable releases:

- Code of Princess (already out)
- Skylanders Giants
- Virtue's Last Reward
- NightSky (eShop)
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Freakyforms Deluxe
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Adventure Time: HIKWYSOG
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- Crashmo (eShop)
- Brain Age: Concentration Training
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle (eShop)
- Liberation Maiden (eShop)
- Aeroporter (eShop)
- Crimson Shroud (eShop)

Major 2013 titles atm are:

- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Animal Crossing: Jump Out
- Etrian Odyssey IV

Oh hey, this didn't look bad at all! Good variety of genre, too.

- Trendsetters: Style Savvy
- Skylanders Giants
- Virtue's Last Reward
- NightSky (eShop)
- Freakyforms Deluxe
- Crashmo (eShop)
- Aeroporter (eShop)
- Crimson Shroud (eShop)

- Etrian Odyssey IV

You omitted one of my most anticipated 2012 games ^_^

Glass Joe

As a non native english speaker, that crossword game on eShop is AWSOME. Seriously.

Crosswords 3DS? There's certainly a lot of content, that's for sure. I'll agree with what someone said earlier in that the puzzles aren't that exciting, but it's a nice occasional time killer. And if you're not native, the puzzles are more generalized so I can see why that would be a plus for you.

I've put in 15 hours and there's still tons left, so honestly that's a better value than some of the games I've paid $40 for. Plus, it's a small download and I'm also having fun with DK: Original Edition that came free.

hunnies28

So GAF, I need your help.

My GF is currently enjoying Denpa Men a lot. She's been playing daily for the past week (something she doesn't usually do). So my question is: Are there any RPGs similar to this game that she might enjoy?

I was thinking any Pokémon or a Dragon Quest game but they might be too much.

Also, said game should be avaible on DS/3DS.

Thanks!

Bururian

My GF is currently enjoying Denpa Men a lot. She's been playing daily for the past week (something she doesn't usually do). So my question is: Are there any RPGs similar to this game that she might enjoy?

Thanks!

you've got Dragon Quest 4-6 if you want a Dragon Quest game. I would highly suggest Dragon Quest 5. It's the best of the three. The story for it is absolutely phenomenal. Some people who worked on Denpa Men worked on the Dragon quest games, so the dungeon crawling and battle system is quite similar.

Thanks!

Denpa Men 2

vdlow

I recently bought a 32GB Transcend SDcard class 10, it's pretty fast, I would recommend it too anyone. The transfer process from the 4GB card to the 32GB was just as easy as everyone says.

But, I had 2 SD cards, one full with eShop games and the other with Theatrhytm demo and New Mario 2. Is there a way to "merge" the content of the 2 SD cards into the new 32GB one? I was only able to keep the content of one of the cards at a time, not both. =/

Bulzeeb

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you which is the best place to order 3ds prepaid cards or codes online, I am asking this because the e-shop doesn't have games in my country so I decided to change the region to the United States, everything works fine but I can't use my C.C on it, any recomendations? thanks in advance

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Thanks!
I guess this depends upon how far she's gotten, but personally I found Denpa Men's difficulty curve steeper than DQIV DS. I would recommend that.

If she's the type to try and find new guys and switch around the party for specific situations instead of grinding one set of guys through the entire game, I think Pokémon could work. See, I've never played a Pokémon game but that seems to be the gist of them, and I'm thinking of giving the franchise a shot based on how much I enjoyed Denpa Men.

Denpa Men 2
This would be a GREAT suggestion if she owned a J3DS and understood Japanese. :/

I guess this depends upon how far she's gotten, but personally I found Denpa Men's difficulty curve steeper than DQIV DS. I would recommend that.

If she's the type to try and find new guys and switch around the party for specific situations instead of grinding one set of guys through the entire game, I think Pokémon could work. See, I've never played a Pokémon game but that seems to be the gist of them, and I'm thinking of giving the franchise a shot based on how much I enjoyed Denpa Men.

This would be a GREAT suggestion if she owned a J3DS and understood Japanese. :/
oh sorry. I could have sworn the sequel released in the us

Well the best part about pokemon is that you can do one or the other depending on what you like.

Anteo

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you which is the best place to order 3ds prepaid cards or codes online, I am asking this because the e-shop doesn't have games in my country so I decided to change the region to the United States, everything works fine but I can't use my C.C on it, any recomendations? thanks in advance

Use the Canada store instead. I'm doing that since I don't want to spend $25 for a $20 eshop card

MNC

- Style Savvy Trendsetters
- Skylanders Giants
- Virtue's Last Reward
- NightSky (eShop)
- Freakyforms Deluxe
- Crashmo (eShop)
- Aeroporter (eShop)
- Crimson Shroud (eShop)

- Etrian Odyssey IV

Hmmm.

Is it sad that Adventure Time is the only game I'm excited about for the rest of the year?

Paper Mario is neat and all but after three games the charm is starting to wear off, and the stickers thing doesn't sound very exciting to me.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't call it "sad". It's a shame, though. Some good games coming out besides Paper Mario, especially on the eShop.

Crashmo and Fluidity, for example. And Epic Mickey is looking excellent so far. If Crashmo is even half as good as Pushmo was, it will probably be my downloadable GOTY.

Well, Mickey is definitely on my radar despite not being excited about it per se.

That being said, I can't wait for Etrian Odyssey IV, SMT IV, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania. So at least 2013 is looking pretty great for me.

Tunavi

Banned
Need more 3DS Zelda

I just realized that its possible to have Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link's Awakening, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time on 1 3DS.

Is it sad that Adventure Time is the only game I'm excited about for the rest of the year?

Paper Mario is neat and all but after three games the charm is starting to wear off, and the stickers thing doesn't sound very exciting to me.
Eh, seems like Paper Mario's still got it to me:
paper_mario_sticker_s8qq7w.gif

UaXGH.jpg

Goat Attack really is one of the best gaming "moments" of the year :p

yes.

Surprised to see OOT, MK7, SF64, and 3DLand on the eshop.
I would bite on a couple, if I knew that a copy existed for me and was tied to my account in the cloud.

hope we actually get the account system when WiiU launches

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What I've played of Shinobi I love, yeah i played it on the Easy mode, but I dont care, it's a great game :) (old school hard)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
After much consideration, we have decided to close down megathreads about platforms (Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, etc), but leave open threads dedicated to services (Steam, eShop, XBLA, iOS App Store). We feel this will help improve the overall flow of news threads while still allowing a home for niche games that cannot sustain a thread to be discussed.

Feel free to continue discussions about a specific subject in a thread specific to that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom