• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I wanna know the backstory on this Amazon-Nintendo standoff.

People were returning so many 3DS units at launch due to dead pixels, screens getting scratched in transit, etc that Amazon stopped stocking Nintendo hardware. I don't even think the problems were that widespread, IIRC, Amazon just had an atypically generous returns policy that was biting 'em in the arse.

Marz

People were returning so many 3DS units at launch due to dead pixels, screens getting scratched in transit, etc that Amazon stopped stocking Nintendo hardware. I don't even think the problems were that widespread, IIRC, Amazon just had an atypically generous returns policy that was biting 'em in the arse.

So now they're not going to stock what is probably going to be one of the more popular Christmas items in the Wii-U?

Seems strange to me.

Anteo

So now they're not going to stock what is probably going to be one of the more popular Christmas items in the Wii-U?

Seems strange to me.

It's not confirmed what caused it, people just assume it was the 3ds and its problems at launch

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
5,400 Yen v.s. 6,090 Yen

going to run into the same problem as Vita games - the physical versions are usually a lot cheaper.

In this games case - lot of places will sell you Chronicles 2nd for 4280 yen new.

Bumhead

Banned
Don't get near any handheld Lego game, please don't do what I did, Lego Batman 2 3DS is the only game purchase I've regretted this whole gen, don't do it.

I can vouch for this.

There is a big difference between a game made for handheld and a handheld game. Lego Batman 2 is deffinitely the latter, in every negative sense possibly. Absolutely everything about it felt stripped down, rushed and badly implemented. The sound quality and presentation in particular were apalling.

Ponn

Banned

Apparently it is to tough of a nut to crack for game journalist. See, Amazon said "no comment" and they didn't want to make them mad and hurt their obviously great and informative relationship so they didn't bother them again. They just return to asking Reggie questions and hoping he slips so they can act like they are super sleuths uncovering Al Capone's gold. Or top ten lists, those always work.

Zornica

Banned
Is there anything to consider when changing the sd card? I though about buying a 16gb one, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
what about formating the new card? can I use it out of the box or is it recommended to format it in a certain way first?

Is there anything to consider when changing the sd card? I though about buying a 16gb one, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
what about formating the new card? can I use it out of the box or is it recommended to format it in a certain way first?

Just format it normally in fat32. Copy everything over, unless you don't want the pictures folder.

FINALLY got Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise yesterday and I really like it so far! :D

Just out of curiosity, is there more than one garden in this version? I swear there's more in either the original or TIP. And when you're in the proper garden, there's no music, what happened to the Day 1, Day 2, etc music of the original? :(

Also, YUCK at the horridly compressed videos, Bink really rears it's ass in here, why not use Mobiclip at least? :p

Man, I want a 3DS version containing everything from both games so badly. :D

Mileena

Banned
Don't know if this is news anymore, but just found out that this Nintendo - Amazon feud is getting more real as time passes by:

missing.png

A month ago the 3DS appearead on that "handheld" box alongside the Vita, but not anymore, they edited that out since then. Wonder how much 'till they remove the Wii too.

3DS on blast

injurai

Banned
Don't know if this is news anymore, but just found out that this Nintendo - Amazon feud is getting more real as time passes by:

missing.png

A month ago the 3DS appearead on that "handheld" box alongside the Vita, but not anymore, they edited that out since then. Wonder how much 'till they remove the Wii too.

Haha, Vita saved.

hitmon

Been playing Resident Ecil Revalaitons and its soooo fucking good, imo. Episode 4 has put in more scares than I can remember any game offering in past few years aside from amnesia. Just a good thrill ride all in all. Looks and plays great. Best use of sound I've seen on the handheld.

Now an unrelated question: how is shinobi?

I loved Resident Evil Revelations too. I still think its the best 3DS game out there.

Neo Child

Banned
Posting my bi monthly praise for New Art Academy

hManE.jpg

Really satisfying fun, I feel like I'm learning stuff I should have learned in school.. really cool software

I picked up Colors 3d while its on offer (only a saving of £1 or something, but every penny counts), and I LOVE the interface on that. The artwork people are creating with it is INSANE. Demoralisingly good work in some cases!

great work man, i cant really afford AA at the moment but would you reccomend colors 3d regardless?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions

Didn't Nintendo say something about they wanted their online system for 3DS to be like Kindle Fire? I thought there were some rumors that they were working with Amazon on their digital distribution system.

@MUWANdo

Banned
great work man, i cant really afford AA at the moment but would you reccomend colors 3d regardless?

Colors offers a good suite of tools and online sharing options at a good price, but it won't make you suck any less. Art Academy offers a paltry selection of tools and features but the lessons are excellent and will teach you a lot of skills that you can transfer to the real world and/or to other apps like Colors.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Ok, got a question and hoping people can help me.

I'm currently in the UK, flying back to Brisbane via Dubai on Tuesday. I'm looking at an XL (Despite the slightly overinflated price) to buy with Pokemon/NSMB 2, and my dilemma centres over whether to buy a PAL one here in the UK, or get one at Dubai Airport on the way home. I've read that they use 'NTSC' - would this mean it would play US games or is it a new region altogether?

On my Vita I use a US PSN account - the games are considerably cheaper than back home, even when bought digitally so I'm considering the same thing for my 3DS.

tl,dr: Will a Dubai 3ds play US games?

Ollie Pooch

99% sure it will.

EDIT: just watch as the very next poster proves me wrong...
Haha, thanks. I've read a few sites that seem to suggest it will - just wanted to see if anyone here could 100% confirm it! Sounds like the way to go, considering UK eShop prices are hovering around the £40 mark.

tl,dr: Will a Dubai 3ds play US games?

Both PAL and NTSC 3DS are sold in the UAE depending on where you buy it from. I'm positive that 3DS sold in the airport are PAL. You'll have to go to one of the malls to get an NTSC one. You can tell it's region by the rating on the side whether it's PEGI or ESRB.

Ollie Pooch

Both PAL and NTSC 3DS are sold in the UAE depending on where you buy it from. I'm positive that 3DS sold in the airport are PAL. You'll have to go to one of the malls to get an NTSC one. You can tell it's region by the rating on the side whether it's PEGI or ESRB.
Ah, thanks! Will definitely check.

Borman

Korosenai

I just found out that a One Piece 3DS game has now been a thing for over a year, and the fact that it isn't in the US makes me very sad.

Is there any hope at all that it will come over?

Pikma

Banned
I shall quote myself too, then.

Don't get near any handheld Lego game, please don't do what I did, Lego Batman 2 3DS is the only game purchase I've regretted this whole gen, don't do it.

I don't do this to contradict you guys, or to call you out for anything, I do this so people really know that handheld Lego ports have a very very bad quality, everything is so damn rushed, the game may be fun, even awesome, but the porting job, the effort, the quality, is horrible.

My thoughts about Lego Batman 2, from another thread:

Any of you guys have played Lego Batman 2 for 3DS?
That shit is horrible, framerate dips, horrible video quality, differing quality between levels, N64 textures, it uses 3D on videos whenever it feels like it (some have it, many don't), some menus are mysteriously 2D-only as well, it's just complete laziness.

The game is fun... but sincerely? I feel ripped off, but that's all my fault, I had never tried a Lego game, not touching them ever again, first and last.

MNC

I don't do this to contradict you guys, or to call you out for anything, I do this so people really know that handheld Lego ports have a very very bad quality, everything is so damn rushed, the game may be fun, even awesome, but the porting job, the effort, the quality, is horrible.

I do hope its not your last lego game since they are quite fun to play, the proper versions, that is.

I do hope its not your last lego game since they are quite fun to play, the proper versions, that is.

I totally agree with you. Once again, the Lego games are developed by TT Fusion, and are nothing like the console Lego games. They are slightly enhanced ports from the DS. This same version is used for PSP and Vita too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom