• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So exactly what day is Trendsetters Style Savvy (Girls Mode) hitting retail (NA)?

Nintendo says 10/22 (Monday, which is bizarre)

GameStop.com says 10/22

GameStop in store release print out says 10/23...

Don't Nintendo releases usually happen on a Sunday or Tuesday? I'm confused, I really want the game. Instantly preordered after the playing the demo once. I can see this becoming a favorite game of mine ^_^

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So exactly what day is Trendsetters Style Savvy (Girls Mode) hitting retail (NA)?

Nintendo says 10/22 (Monday, which is bizarre)

GameStop.com says 10/22

GameStop in store release print out says 10/23...

Don't Nintendo releases usually happen on a Sunday or Tuesday? I'm confused, I really want the game. Instantly preordered after the playing the demo once. I can see this becoming a favorite game of mine ^_^

It seems they're starting with Monday releases for some of their games. Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone and Crosswords Plus released on 1st October, a Monday as well.

cacildo

Animal Crossing: Jump Out: 8192 blocks (1 GB)

Also, apparently you can take 3D in-game pictures in Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

5xsji.jpg

WHOA thats a HUGE amount of animal crossing!!!

City folk: 446mb
Wild World: 43mb
AC gamecube: 15mb

Nothing official, feel free to correct the info.

cacildo

NOA still quiet about release date?

This should be a christmas game, stupid nintendo!

Why? Because i want it as sooner as possible!!!!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ehy gentlemen, I've seen every week some sites post the eShop chart once a week ( every Monday / Tuesday), and I thought it could have been a good idea to post them here. I don't think they deserve their own thread, and this is why I'd like to post them here. So, let's see if this is appreciated. NOTE: These are just American charts and they're referring to the day indicated ( yeah, actually the eShop Charts seem to update daily on 3DS eShop, just looking at the European ones)

eShop Charts - October 1st

Software

1. The “Denpa” Men: They Came by Wave
2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure
5. Bird & Beans
6. Rising Board 3D
7. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
8. Art Academy: First Semester
9. Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D
10. Photo Dojo
11. The Legend of Zelda
12. Colors! 3D
13. Fractured Soul
14. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
15. Cut The Rope
16. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
17. Bird Mania 3D
18. Pushmo
19. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
20. Plants vs. Zombies

Videos

1. Nintendo Show 3D: September 20, 2012
2. The “Denpa” Men: They Came By Wave Video
3. New Super Mario Bros. U September 13, 2012
4. Kirby 20th Anniversary Dream Collection Trailer
5. Paper Mario: Sticker Star Video
6. Fractured Soul Video
7. Kirby’s Dream Collection Teaser Trailer
8. Nintendo Show 3D: September 6, 2012
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush
10. Wii U Preview Event Sept. 13, 2013
11. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure Video
12. Nintendo Land Trailer
13. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Warp Canon
14. Nintendo TVii Preview Sept. 13, 2012
15. Rising Board 3D Video
16. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed Trailer
17. LEGO City: Undercover September 13, 2012
18. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Rainbow Course
19. Nintendo Show 3D: August 23, 2012
20. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Trailer

eShop Charts - October 9th

Software

1. Pokemon Dream Radar
2. The “Denpa” Men: They Came by Wave
3. Cave Story
4. Bird & Beans
5. Super Mario Bros.
6. New Super Mario Bros. 2
7. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure
8. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
9. Photo Dojo
10. Pushmo
11. The Legend of Zelda
12. Colors! 3D
13. Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D
14. Cut The Rope
15. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
16. Bird Mania 3D
17. Plants vs. Zombies
18. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
19. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
20. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

Videos

1. Paper Mario: Sticker Star Video
2. The “Denpa” Men: They Came by Wave Video
3. Nintendo Show 3D: September 13, 2012
4. New Super Mario Bros. U September 13, 2013
5. Kirby 20th Anniversary Dream Collection Trailer
6. Pokemon Dream Radar Video
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush
8. Kirby’s Dream Collection Teaser Trailer
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Warp Canon
10. Nintendo Show 3D: September 6, 2012
11. Style Savvy: Trendsetters Video
12. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure Video
13. Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! Video
14. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Rainbow Course
15. Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D Video
16. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Commercial
17. New Super Mario Bros. 2 Trailer
18. Fractured Soul Video
19. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Trailer
20. Nintendo Land Trailer

JaseMath

Is Tales of Abyss any good? I really want something new to play that doesn't have Mario in the title. I sort of regret buying this XL...

Young Magus

Is Tales of Abyss any good? I really want something new to play that doesn't have Mario in the title. I sort of regret buying this XL...

I would say so, gameplay is pretty fun but broken in some area (Free-Run being an example). Just forget about the story and you will be fine.

VICI0US

not the worst tales game, not the best. the loading times are vastly improved over the ps2 game which is nice, 3d implementation is decent but they didn't touch up the visuals at all otherwise.

what does your 3DS library consist of currently? kid icarus uprising, RE revelations, rhythm thief, FF theatrhtyhm, kingdom hearts, shinobi, ghost recon shadow wars, code of princess, mutant mudds, pushmo, and mighty switch force are all great "non-mario" 3ds titles. Layton is also coming later this month.

RM8

The main column looks a bit too small.

And I would read it :)
I'll see if I can fix that, Weebly feels rather closed. But it's very easy to use, which I like.

Also, related, do you guys think reviews without scores are okay? It's just a fan blog and most of the time I don't feel like giving scores to games, and then when I compare them I start to think "well, I don't think game A is just as good as game B even if I'd give them the same score". But since I'd like my reviews to be informative maybe I should have scores? I'm not sure.

Koroviev

I'll see if I can fix that, Weebly feels rather closed. But it's very easy to use, which I like.

Also, related, do you guys think reviews without scores are okay? It's just a fan blog and most of the time I don't feel like giving scores to games, and then when I compare them I start to think "well, I don't think game A is just as good as game B even if I'd give them the same score". But since I'd like my reviews to be informative maybe I should have scores? I'm not sure.

You could do thumbs-up/thumbs-down.

zroid

Banned
After playing in SP Plaza for a while, I find myself holding down the R button continuously, even when it does nothing.

I LOVEEEEEE that game. Really good, but the first few hours will be a chore. After 8 hours or so though, the story get's really interesting. Check out Fire Emblem when that drops next year also

Thoughts on Tekken 3D? I saw it at Target clearance for $8.

8$ might be worth it but 5 is just right. The game is so barebones it's not even funny. Only Arcade and Quick Battle IIRC and both of them are pretty much the same thing. You can't even choose which cpu character you want to fight against in a match! The movie it comes with is pretty good though and the graphics are really nice (screenshots don't do the game justice at all, and it stays at a constant 60fps even with 3D on) the game is also pretty easy but there is still fun to be had and for 8$ I'd say it's worth it. But still, Dead Or Alive dimensions is a way better game

RM8

Wow, I'd buy Tekken 3D for $8. All reviews say the gameplay is intact, so while it lacks content, saying it's a bad game wouldn't be accurate.

Koroviev

No, I can't find it yet in Canada :(

Does it qualify as an action RPG? Or more of an action game with RPG elements?

Oh, the Canada release date was pushed back a day. Do not despair!

As far as I can tell, it looks to be more of an action game with RPG elements. Impressions bring to mind Symphony of the Night in that regard.

Wait that's out?

Today in the US, tomorrow in Canada :)

I probably won't have it until Thursday :(

Kazerei

Banned
Oh, the Canada release date was pushed back a day. Do not despair!

As far as I can tell, it looks to be more of an action game with RPG elements. Impressions bring to mind Symphony of the Night in that regard.

Today in the US, tomorrow in Canada :)

I probably won't have it until Thursday :(

Duly noted. I haven't been paying close attention, but it got good reviews and I've been itching for another 3DS game.

Pikma

Banned
I was going to wait, but then Dale North gave it a glowing review. I could no longer resist, lol.

I really like Dale North, I find his interests in games reaaally similar to mine for some weird reason, his reviews are pretty interesting, straightforward and they feel honest. also, I've yet to see an article by him that makes him sound arrogant, something I can't say for most of the others gaming "journalists".

Plus he loves Corgis too. :p

Koroviev

I really like Dale North, I find his interests in games reaaally similar to mine for some weird reason, his reviews are pretty interesting, straightforward and they feel honest. also, I've yet to see an article by him that makes him sound arrogant, something I can't say for most of the others gaming "journalists".

Plus he loves Corgis too. :p

He put me on to the Devil Survivor games and Strange Journey. He's a kindred spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom