• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Price drop thread (169 USD, 15k yen, 250 AUD, ~£130, 169 EUR)

KarmaCow

There is no way it's going to be $150 in NA. Maybe $200 and a pack in.

But ugh, such a quick price drop along with bottom screen issue + having to get multiple screen protectors due to dead pixels is a real kick to the balls.

I got it as a gift, so I'm not too bothered. If this sells more units for other people than that's good. It was bound to happen eventually. Something sells less than expected, it drops in price.

Then, again, I remember reading that Nintendo had originally planned for a cheaper launch price, and only raised it, due to initial higher-than-expected interest. So, their margins at $250 must be huge.

GDGF

Soothsayer
If it's any consolation, this probably means we'll be getting a reasonable price from jump with the Wii U.

hamchan

So early adopters pay more money and get their top screens scratched as well, how wonderful. I'll never buy a Nintendo console at launch again.

Hope they make that a bit flexible and add in options for non-nes games.

Anyway, I feel like a fucking chump :/
Not only do I have to contact them so that they can FIX this design flaw but now this.

Nintendo should be kissing the ground that they are still able to do this prior to the Vita's launch.

That price was ridiculous in the first place.

Spike

Here are the games us early adopters will be getting:

From September 1, 10 titles will be distributed free Virtual Console NES title.

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice
The Legend of Zelda
This title is intended to deliver leading the NES Virtual Console titles will be delivered before the end of the year, when it was paid for delivery of additional features after the official version may be asked to update for free.
This year, 10 titles to Virtual Console Game Boy Advance titles below will be delivered free of charge. These titles, is scheduled to be delivered to Ambassador Program participants only for the customers, Nintendo 3DS has no plans for future sales.

Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

So, GBA VC games!!!

DogWelder

KarmaCow said:
There is no way it's going to be $150 in NA. Maybe $200 and a pack in.

But ugh, such a quick price drop along with bottom screen issue + having to get multiple screen protectors due to dead pixels is a real kick to the balls.
Their 3DS forecasts are still aggressive as Hell, which seems to indicate a $150 price point. Plus 10,000 yen is more than $100.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ah,the price drop coincides with Super Pokemon Rumble release

LOL

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wait AND 10 free GBA virtual console games?

1) Isn't this the first confirmation of GBA on the virtual console?

2) With 20 free games I may never have to buy a game again lol

Nix

Banned
Damn! Can you say mother fuckin' BOMBA'

Shit man. Now no one, and I mean no one, has an excuse not to pick up a 3DS. Holy shit, this is huge. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the early adopters, and their 10 NES games. Wow, talk about reamed in the ass and then slapped with HCIO4. Man, that must sting; must burn like a bitch.

Shaking my head at the people waiting for a lite version. You guys are going to get hit like a~

ymmv

Banned
Euro price cut from 250 to 150. Impressive. That's the same price as a regular DS. The next step is probably to phase out the old DS entirely so it won't matter if the public doesn't want 3D, because it's all they can get.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I think nintendo really misread the 3D boom that was happening in cinema and thought they would make a truckload of money. Just about any of Vita's features are more appealing than 3D to me.

hamchan

GBA VC confirmed? Sure hope my 10 free games choices don't expire after a certain date, because Nintendo will probably take ages uploading my top 10 GBA games.

Nix said:
Damn! Can you say mother fuckin' BOMBA'

Shit man. Now no one, and I mean no one, has an excuse not to pick up a 3DS. Holy shit, this is huge. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the early adopters, and their 10 NES games. Wow, talk about reamed in the ass and then slapped with HCIO4. Man, that must sting; must burn like a bitch.

Shaking my head at the people waiting for a lite version. You guys are going to get hit like a~
This is the like the situation for people who waited on Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Glad I waited it out on this product.

Nessus

Hopefully this informs the price of the Wii U.

Now I don't know whether or not I should get a 3DS at $200, or see if they drop it to $150 here.

ymmv said:
Euro price cut from 250 to 150. Impressive. That's the same price as a regular DS. The next step is probably to phase out the old DS entirely so it won't matter if the public doesn't want 3D, because it's all they can get.

thats the way they should ave handled it from the launch....

Persona7

Banned
hamchan said:
GBA VC confirmed? Sure hope my 10 free games choices don't expire after a certain date, because Nintendo will probably take ages uploading my top 10 GBA games.
You don't get to choose the games.

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice
The Legend of Zelda

Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

legend166

I guess we'll know by the end of the year what kind of future the platform will have. If a 10,000 yen price drop and the holiday lineup of Mario + Mario Kart doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Top Bottom