• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

tornjaw

Has anyone found a non-Nintendo Selects version of LEGO® City Undercover at the $20 price? I managed to pick up a non-Nintendo Selects version of Tropical Freeze for the selects price.

More importantly, if someone has found somewhere with sealed copies, is anyone willing to send it to me if I pay for game+shipping?

Vitacat

I see 7017 models. Should I pick it up first?

If you want one, yeah. It'll be TN, but IMO these have very nice TN screens. IPS is nicer, but seems like they're very rare -- more dick move screen lottery crap from Nintendo.

But regardless of screen type, they are selling out really fast so if you want one for normal retail price jump on it. They're selling on eBay for at least $200+ from what I've seen. And over $300 for IPS ones. :-(

Having said that, I have become interested in buying a dual IPS one if anyone has an extra to sell? Can't justify $300+ on eBay for one, but PM me if you have extra(s) and can cut a brutha a break on one. ^_^

Sora_N

If you want one, yeah. It'll be TN, but IMO these have very nice TN screens. IPS is nicer, but seems like they're very rare -- more dick move screen lottery crap from Nintendo.

But regardless of screen type, they are selling out really fast so if you want one for normal retail price jump on it. They're selling on eBay for at least $200+ from what I've seen. And over $300 for IPS ones. :-(

Having said that, I have become interested in buying a dual IPS one if anyone has an extra to sell? Can't justify $300+ on eBay for one, but PM me if you have extra(s) and can cut a brutha a break on one. ^_^

My pokemon one has bad screens.

Actually picked up the Mario bundle too on a whim.

Might open it and check the screen.

Has anyone found a non-Nintendo Selects version of LEGO® City Undercover at the $20 price? I managed to pick up a non-Nintendo Selects version of Tropical Freeze for the selects price.

More importantly, if someone has found somewhere with sealed copies, is anyone willing to send it to me if I pay for game+shipping?

I'm pretty sure the game had been out of print for a while, so it's not very likely.

renzollo

Banned
  1. Am I the only one who has memories of Nintendo Select games (particularly Wind Waker) being $19.99 for a long time now? Is this a Barenstein Bears things?
  2. Dammit Nintendo - Stop giving me reasons to justify buying a new 3ds when there are only a dozen games I care to play on it

donny2112

Dozen? Your criteria is your criteria, but usually people need like 5-6 exclusives that they want to play to justify the purchase of a system. You can get a 2DS for $50 used from GameStop, I think.

1. Am I the only one who has memories of Nintendo Select games (particularly Wind Waker) being $19.99 for a long time now? Is this a Barenstein Bears things?
  2. Dammit Nintendo - Stop giving me reasons to justify buying a new 3ds when there are only a dozen games I care to play on it
If you like Nintendo games and aren't concerned with power, the n3DS really is the best system you can get atm

renzollo

Banned
If you like Nintendo games and aren't concerned with power, the n3DS really is the best system you can get atm

At various times in my life I've been more and less a fan of Nintendo franchises. I tend to fall more on the FPS/character-action side of gaming than on platforming/strategy/weird (the stuff I typically associate with Nintendo). The last couple Nintendo systems have made it extremely difficult to test out games without buying them at full Nintendo price, but I do own a Wii U with the Zelda/Bayonetta/Mario games (and monster hunter). I guess my comment regarding the 3ds games is based on wondering whether there's more I'd enjoy than just the same 4-6 games there (Zelda/Mario, basically).

There's a pretty good variety of games on the 3DS even if you stick to the core Nintendo franchises.

• Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warriors spinoff, Wii U port)
  • Mario: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Golf, Party, Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi games
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fates
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Pokemon: XY, ORAS, S&M
  • Metroid: Federation Force
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Robobo
And then you've got:
  • 3 Monster Hunter games (3, 4, Generations)
  • RPGs: Xenoblade, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
3DS is one of thee best purchases for anyone who loves video games. Also it's easy to hack and play your entire NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Genesis, and DS compatible.

You have a fully compatible Nintendo machine. It's great!

Don't forget the sega 3d classics! Which, IMHO, Nintendo really lost a golden opportunity to do with their own catalogue( beyond a handful of nes 3d remakes early on, with odd choices like Urban Champion?!).

inner-G

Banned
There's a pretty good variety of games on the 3DS even if you stick to the core Nintendo franchises.

• Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warriors spinoff, Wii U port)
  • Mario: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Golf, Party, Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi games
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fates
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Pokemon: XY, ORAS, S&M
  • Metroid: Federation Force
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Robobo
And then you've got:
  • 3 Monster Hunter games (3, 4, Generations)
  • RPGs: Xenoblade, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
You forgot Star Fox 64 3D!

Soon, DQ VII and VIII also

Only complaint I have for New 3ds is the stylus. It's comfortable when I hold it but putting it in its hole is confusing. Wtf Nintendo? Is there a replacement? All the New 3ds styluses I've seen have that dumb top that makes things confusing.

velcry

Wanted to do a quick survey, do you think it's necessary to buy screen protectors for the New 3DSXL?

It's my first Nintendo system, and while it's a clamshell design, just wondering if it's better to slap on the protectors.

Thanks!

I only have a screen protector on the bottom screen since you may scratch it with the stylus, and it may interfere with the 3D on the top screen.

Persona7

Banned
Definitely get screen protectors unless noticeable scratches after some time won't bother you. As for messing with the 3D, I am checking it now with my hori screen protectors and it doesn't look any different.

Very happy with my Wind Waker HD purchase. AMAZING remake! You can tell they really put a lot of effort into making it the best possible version of the game!

Found a super Mario 3d Land bundle at my local Target. I grabbed it as I like the smaller 3ds. Faceplates are a bonus but the Mario one is glossy so I am sticking with the yellow pixelated one.

Any suggestions for memory card upgrade?

Found a super Mario 3d Land bundle at my local Target. I grabbed it as I like the smaller 3ds. Faceplates are a bonus but the Mario one is glossy so I am sticking with the yellow pixelated one.

Any suggestions for memory card upgrade?
Nice that you found one in store. You can't go wrong with a Sandisk or Samsung one.

My friend found one on launch day and ordered it for me, it arrived yesterday. I'm gonna keep this one boxes up until my current n3DS dies. Does Mario 3DL come as a code or is it pre-installed?

Espada

Very happy with my Wind Waker HD purchase. AMAZING remake! You can tell they really put a lot of effort into making it the best possible version of the game!

Damn, this praise is making it really hard to wait for my copy to arrive. The moment I saw WWHD on the list of discounted games, I bought it immediately. One of my favorite Zelda games, hearing about the substantial improvements and refinements they made to it is a dream come true. Between this and the upcoming FFXII: The Zodiac Age my favorites I'll be enjoying long time faves in all their glory.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So I bought this Screen Protector for my first N3DS last year from Nippon-Yasan:

9629-45481-large.jpg

Does anyone know if Amazon carries it? I'd love to avoid the overseas shipping charges if possible and order a spare to drop into my N3DS box as a backup should I ever need one in the future and in case they've become hard to find by then.

Damn, this praise is making it really hard to wait for my copy to arrive. The moment I saw WWHD on the list of discounted games, I bought it immediately. One of my favorite Zelda games, hearing about the substantial improvements and refinements they made to it is a dream come true. Between this and the upcoming FFXII: The Zodiac Age my favorites I'll be enjoying long time faves in all their glory.

You guys are in for a treat. I played Wind Waker HD for the first time last year, and had a hard time putting down the controller every time I played. My favorite 3D Zelda game.

Nice that you found one in store. You can't go wrong with a Sandisk or Samsung one.

My friend found one on launch day and ordered it for me, it arrived yesterday. I'm gonna keep this one boxes up until my current n3DS dies. Does Mario 3DL come as a code or is it pre-installed?

Pre-installed.

So I bought this Screen Protector for my first N3DS last year from Nippon-Yasan:

9629-45481-large.jpg

Does anyone know if Amazon carries it? I'd love to avoid the overseas shipping charges if possible and order a spare to drop into my N3DS box as a backup should I ever need one in the future and in case they've become hard to find by then.
I can see why this is hard to find in the US because there isn't that many regular n3DS systems out there in the wild, but it's also the same case for the UK (or was, I haven't checked in a while). I think I had to order mine from Play-Asia.
Pre-installed.
Thanks!

I actually like the smaller version versus my original n3ds XL.

This thing is wicked, It makes me sad that every time NOA releases a smaller version it is a special edition and always sells out fast with 3rd party sellers charging sometimes double on amazon and eBay.

This thing is wicked, It makes me sad that every time NOA releases a smaller version it is a special edition and always sells out fast with 3rd party sellers charging sometimes double on amazon and eBay.
Yes. If only NoA had the decency to sell these direct and re-stock regularly so people aren't being price-gauged.

My one arrived last week. I'm keeping it as a backup and won't be using it. Is there a list of serial numbers to check for IPS screens? I just want to know if I have them - I'm not too fussed as I plan to keep this one packed away.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

My big fear is that the NX handheld is going to be the size of the XL or maybe even bigger.

That really sucks because at that point it's no longer portable.

My big fear is that the NX handheld is going to be the size of the XL or maybe even bigger.

That really sucks because at that point it's no longer portable.

I have come to terms with that... I view the 3ds as the last truly handheld portable in a long time if ever. At least the Vita and 3ds went out with a bang when it comes to libraries.

Top Bottom