• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

Amir0x

Banned
That box art is incredible. The black box makes it just perfect.

I have zero interest in this game and yet I want it now. But I know that if it does come to the US, it will be completely ruined

ILikeFeet said:
Why didnt they bundle this with the M+? its a perfect excuse to get people to pick up the game

Probably because even if it does sell well, it will still be a relatively niche title and they may have been unable to justify the extra packaging costs involved? Or perhaps retailers are leery of ordering larger boxed titles, especially as regards niche Wii games? Or perhaps because the game supports the CC and standard Wii controls Nintendo were keen to position the game as a more "standard" type of game for gamers who enjoyed EDF but who would have shied away from this if they felt it had mandatory Wii controls? All of above? None of the above?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That boxart is almost as good as the Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky boxart. Almost.

Of course it remains to be seen if it will bomb as badly.

farnham

Banned
BGBW said:
Wow, that looks really slick. Surprised a new IP is getting the VIP treatment from Nintendo. They must have high hopes for it.
it does look awesome.. graphics are great and it has motion plus support...

Regulus Tera said:
That boxart is almost as good as the Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky boxart. Almost.

Of course it remains to be seen if it will bomb as badly.
i think nintendo is doing a little more advertisement for this game

I was bored so I romanized the Japanese names of the characters in order of how they are on the Character page on the website.

People

フレイ Furei
フレイヤ Fureiya
ブリュンヒルデ Buryunhirude
オーディン Oodin
イズン Izun
トール Tooru
テュール Teru
フリッグ Furiggu
ヘイムダル Heimudaru
シグムンド Shigumundo
ヘルギ Herugi
レギン Regin
ヴェルンド Vurundo
ラーン Raan
グンター Guntaa
ハーゲン Haagen
アルヴィルダ Aruviruda

A few of those are probably wrong but I was bored so. I just hope this game comes out in the US!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
MidnightScott said:
I was bored so I romanized the Japanese names of the characters in order of how they are on the Character page on the website.

People

フレイ Furei
フレイヤ Fureiya
ブリュンヒルデ Buryunhirude
オーディン Oodin
イズン Izun
トール Tooru
テュール Teru
フリッグ Furiggu
ヘイムダル Heimudaru
シグムンド Shigumundo
ヘルギ Herugi
レギン Regin
ヴェルンド Vurundo
ラーン Raan
グンター Guntaa
ハーゲン Haagen
アルヴィルダ Aruviruda

A few of those are probably wrong but I was bored so. I just hope this game comes out in the US!

Since I'm as bored as you, allow me to translate them. They're actually names from Norse mythology. I'll only translate those I'm sure of, as I'm not an expert by any means. Maybe Dragon could give us a hand if she's around?

Anyway:
Frey (hero)
Freyja/Freya IIRC (heroin)
Brunehilde
Odin
Isen
Thor
??
??
Heimdall
Sigmund
Helgi
Regin (I guess?)
??
??
Gunther/Gunthar (?)
Hagen (not sure)
??

So yeah, the game is actually about Norse mythology. The two heroes are gods, and the people who are fighting the giants (who might as well be called titans, as their name is written with the kanji for "god") are humans. Some villagers actually say "maybe I'll go to Valhalla" during gameplay when they're attacked, or something like that.

Duran

Kilrogg said:
Since I'm as bored as you, allow me to translate them. They're actually names from Norse mythology. I'll only translate those I'm sure of, as I'm not an expert by any means. Maybe Dragon could give us a hand if she's around?

Anyway:
Frey (hero)
Freyja/Freya IIRC (heroin)
Brunehilde
Odin
Isen
Thor
?? - Tyr
?? - Frigg
Heimdall
Sigmund
Helgi
Regin (I guess?)
?? - Volund
?? - Ran
Gunther/Gunthar (?)
Hagen (not sure)
?? - Alfhild

So yeah, the game is actually about Norse mythology. The two heroes are gods, and the people who are fighting the giants (who might as well be called titans, as their name is written with the kanji for "god") are humans. Some villagers actually say "maybe I'll go to Valhalla" during gameplay when they're attacked, or something like that.

Let me help you :)

Top Bottom