• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Channel is live.

Delio

So i was hanging in my local game irc channel when a member superdoh pointed out the Nintendo channel was up for download. Curious i went to check and sure enough it is up there for download under Wiiware. Takes up 123 blocks so you may have to clear some space.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We have to wait till the 30th. Oh well. Can't get too distracted from my exams though, so I guess it's better to wait.

Delio

Okay so i got the channel but apparently i still dont have enough space to even view the content in the channel. Geez..*goes to delete things*

Delio

Okay so checking around it seems you can buy games from the channel. It will lead you to the internet channel and search for a online store selling the game. You can also select your prefered online store so it will go there first. Pretty nifty.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ysiadmihi said:
Hey, there's a Luigi for the progress bar for this download. I've never seen that before.

He can appear for all download, you can get small Mario/Luigi, big Mario/luigi or Fireflower Mario/Luigi. It seems random.

I'm in!

Oh snap Wii Fit video.

Edit:

DS Download List:

Brain Age 2 Demo
Flash Focus Demo
Crossword DS-Crosswords Demo
Jam Sessions
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Disney Friends
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

sevenchaos said:
I'm in!

Oh snap Wii Fit video.

Edit:

DS Download List:

Brain Age 2 Demo
Flash Focus Demo
Crossword DS-Crosswords Demo
Jam Sessions
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Disney Friends
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

ill try out the Cooking Marmar 2 demo just for the hell of it.

M3wThr33

Banned
Okay. I played with it VERY briefly.

Main part is video. 9 pages of videos that range from interviews to game trails to other shit.

Clicking the "Find Titles for You" is where it gets interesting.

In the "Recommend Games for Me" section you get a list of any game you played on your Wii for over an hour. You pick it, and then choose 6 things, from the perspective of the person who liked it the most:

Slider for how much you liked it
Male/Female
For Casual/Hardcore mood
For Alone/With Friends

Then it sends off that data and removes it from the list. I filled out Ghost Squad, of course. And Excite Truck.

Then they hid the DS Demo Download station in there. Random stuff like Ninja Gaiden and Brain Age 2 demos.

There's a lot to find in this channel. Go nuts!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I tried out the recommendation feature on the first game on my list, which happened to be Brawl.

I like the little drum sounds that play when moving the slider.

Zeppu

europe? news? anyone?

Well since ninty loves yuroland so much I would imagine it would take around 24 weeks to do the translations and all that shit.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The layout seems a bit cumbersome to me, but this is definitely one of the Wii's coolest features. I'll be making heavy use of it in the future, I'm sure.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just played the Ninja Gaiden Demo, very cool. Now trying out Jam Sessions.

Zaangamer

Banned
Seen as it took them 6 months to localize it from Jap to US, I would expect it to take them at least the same time to localize it to PAL, especially considering they have to translate it into at least 5 languages, probably 20-something.

batbeg

josephdebono said:
europe? news? anyone?

Well since ninty loves yuroland so much I would imagine it would take around 24 weeks to do the translations and all that shit.

It was in their release dates a couple weeks ago. Either the 20th or the 30th, can't remember for sure (whichever one WiiWare isn't.

Delio

There are alot of info videos hiding under view new titles. Shame they didnt put a view of the newer ones on the front page. Seems to be mostly gameplay stuff which is nice.

Chris R

They need more DS downloads, and let me stream my VC games to DS :( the demo worked so damn well... DAMNIT NINTENDO

Scrubking

No speed problems here.

Also did everyone else agree to send Nintendo their info? Will they be able to tell if you use hacks/freeloader/etc?

Scrubking said:
No speed problems here.

Also did everyone else agree to send Nintendo their info? Will they be able to tell if you use hacks/freeloader/etc?
Heh I thought it was for Nintendo to send us stuff. Like channel updates.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Scrubking said:
No speed problems here.

It says "No information that personally identifies you or your console will be shared with Nintendo". From reading the agreement thing it looks like it's only collecting data for marketing purposes.

Scrubking

I just started recommending games and one of the questions is :

What gaming mood best suits this title.

- Casual
- Hardcore

People are going to have a field day.

Top Bottom