• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Delay-Age (Metroid Other M and S&P 2 Delayed)

gerg

ShockingAlberto said:
That seemed like a lot of work for crazy rambling.

Indeed.

Metroid: Other M is delayed by a month and a half, and suddenly that means there's no more room for Zelda in the 2010 calender year.

wRATH2x

Banned
Well since its just August this won't really affect Zelda in 2010.

I hope its out by then though, Nintendo might delay it.

Oh E3, must you be far away?

If Zelda slips from 2010, which is entirely possible for a variety of reasons, I really doubt it's because of Metroid.

That's like saying NSMB Wii couldn't come out when it did because of Sonic and Mario.

Wait, no, that example is bad because Sonic and Mario sold pretty well. Hmm.

ShockingAlberto said:
If Zelda slips from 2010, which is entirely possible for a variety of reasons, I really doubt it's because of Metroid.

That's like saying NSMB Wii couldn't come out when it did because of Sonic and Mario.

Well, when Nintendo released SMG, they were worried about competition from a certain third party's game.

It was Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. They tried to coerce UbiSoft into delaying it by claiming they found a cloud that looked like Pikachu in the game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zelda Wii will only be pushed if they have another big holiday title ready for 2010.

Wiilax - July 8th
Metroid: Other M - August 31st
Xenoblade - October 11th
Wii Music 2 - Ocotber 28th
Pikmin 3 - Noevember 18th
The Last Story - February 2nd
Zelda: The Stolen Heart - March 3rd

How would you guys feel about that?

wrowa

ShockingAlberto said:

You got it wrong. People don't think that Zelda could see a delay because of Metroid, people think that because Zelda won't be ready for a release in this year, Nintendo needed to delay Metroid in order to have a big game in the second half of the year. Delaying one game, because another isn't ready isn't a behavior that's unlike Nintendo.

Though, the other important thing that you dont take into account: People feared that Zelda could slip out of 2010 because the OP said that the new date of Metroid is "TBD". "TBD" didn't sound promising at all, especially since it seems like Metroid is already quite finished.

Now that we know the date of Metroid, it really shouldn't affect Zelda. But we didn't know this some days ago :3

wRATH2x

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

I see your point, I've kind of jumped the gun at that one.

Zelda fanboy tendencies, never gets out of your system.
ShutDown202 said:
Zelda: The Stolen Heart - March 3rd

How would you guys feel about that?
O.0

gerg

wrowa said:
You got it wrong. People don't think that Zelda could see a delay because of Metroid, people think that because Zelda won't be ready for a release in this year, Nintendo needed to delay Metroid in order to have a big game in the second half of the year. Delaying one game, because another isn't ready isn't a behavior that's unlike Nintendo.

Though, the other important thing that you dont take into account: People feared that Zelda could slip out of 2010 because the OP said that the new date of Metroid is "TBD". "TBD" didn't sound promising at all, especially since it seems like Metroid is already quite finished.

Now that we know the date of Metroid, it really shouldn't affect Zelda. But we didn't know this some days ago :3

But neither Zelda nor Metroid will be Nintendo's "big game" for the second half of 2010, so...

Shiggy

News for Europe: According to a distributor (that had been right about Jam with the Band and other games), Dragon Quest IX has a tentative releasedate - July 30th.
Take this with a grain of salt, NoE has been deciding on releasedates on short-term (e.g. Picross 3D was delayed by a month, Rooms by a few weeks, Jam with the Band saw an official announcement only two months before its release).

Top Bottom