• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

MarkusRJR

American ND summary plox!
Usual E3 3DS games.
New 3DS XL for $200. Only colors are blue-black and red-black. Both look bad. August 19th.
Fire Emblem coming in "2013".
No Animal Crossing.
NoA shafts users with only offering a sale on Super Mario Land and not the larger sale everyone else is getting.
Professor Layton 3DS finally getting localized for Nov.
No Fatal Frame 2 or Monster Hunter.
Bunch of shitty Pokemon apps for 3DS that unlock Pokemon in the game.
Sora + Namco Bandai are doing SSB for Wii U and 3DS
Kirby compilation.
DLC in NSMB2 and Fire Emblem. Nintendo has become Capcom.
Reggie wore make-up.
2 shop VC games a week coming soon. Get ready for all the NES ambassador games and $4 GB roms.
I might have forgotten a few things, but that's all I remember.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
American ND summary plox!

- 3DS XL for $200 on August 19, same day as NSMB2. Available in red and blue.
- Professor Layton: Miracle Mask announced for America.
- Namco-Bandai Games co-developing Smash Bros. 4.
- DLC stages for NSMB2 post-launch, possibly use in-game coins to get them.
- Fire Emblem 3DS coming next year in America. Possibly download-only.
- Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 "this fall."
- Kingdom Hearts 3D demo on American eShop right now.
- 3DS VC in July: Zelda 1, Kirby Pinball, Wario Land 1.
- Kirby's Dream Collection for Wii coming to America, basically all the NES/SNES/GB Kirby games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
NOA only mentioned Fire Emblem over Animal Crossing because of Reggie's E3 slip up. No talking about 2013 games until November at the earliest.

Matt

So like.. Nintendo is incapable of making next gen games they have to farm out work to Namco Bandai for 'help'. Disappointing.

Well Sora isn't much of a development team, more of a planning one. They said they had the intention of building a brand new team for SSB, but decided to go this rout due to time concerns.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Announcements aside, I prefer the Europe and Japanese style of the Nintendo Directs. US one is just overproduced.

I actually like the US production values. IDK just feels a lot nicer than someone just standing in front of a stage like at E3 or TGS or Iwata in that weird room for this ND in Japan. I liked them chill'n throughout Nintendo's campus and showing us stuff.

If Nintendo keeps this up for the foreseeable future I'd be quiet happy not caring about any other big trade show events ever again.

Forever

Banned
In case anyone missed the message from Sakurai and Kobayashi, running it through Google Translate brings up this:

We are delighted that this very, participated in the title, "Sumabura" Japan boasts a global project, can work together with Sakurai. Order to meet the expectations of Mr. Sakurai, and overlooks the staff of the strongest Ban'namu!

Yoshito Higuchi, including "Tales of" series producer & director, etc. ...... the main staff of the series "Tekken" art director, sound director, of the "Soul Calibur" series producer & director Tetsuya Akatsuka of "Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS" people, Although there are no list goes on, anyway, gathered the top creator of Namco Bandai, is a dream team like never before.

- 3DS XL for $200 on August 19, same day as NSMB2. Available in red and blue.
- Professor Layton: Miracle Mask announced for America.
- Namco-Bandai Games co-developing Smash Bros. 4.
- DLC stages for NSMB2 post-launch, possibly use in-game coins to get them.
- Fire Emblem 3DS coming next year in America. Possibly download-only.
- Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 "this fall."
- Kingdom Hearts 3D demo on American eShop right now.
- 3DS VC in July: Zelda 1, Kirby Pinball, Wario Land 1.
- Kirby's Dream Collection for Wii coming to America, basically all the NES/SNES/GB Kirby games.

also pretty big is the fact that theyre committed to releasing 2 vc per week starting with those titles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well Sora isn't much of a development team, more of a planning one. They said they had the intention of building a brand new team for SSB, but decided to go this rout due to time concerns.
When did they say this? During the Japanese Nintendo Direct? First I've heard of this.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm happy, but kind of pissed NOA is shafting us on the eShop sale. If we had gotten the sale there were a couple of games I might have actually gone back and picked up.

Forever

Banned
Official English translation from NoE!

In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI’s best staff! Yoshito Higuchi, the producer and the director of the “Tales” series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of “Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.,” the art director/sound director of the “SoulCalibur” series, the main development team staff from the “TEKKEN” series…and that’s just for starters.

All the top creators from NAMCO BANDAI are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project.

You do know they did the same with Brawl right?
No I had no idea, thanks for informing me.
I see, just alarming that they'd farm out such a key franchise to a third party like that. It's fairly unheard of. I have no problems with the quality of work in Brawl so I hope it turns out fine.

Top Bottom