• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So like.. Nintendo is incapable of making next gen games they have to farm out work to Namco Bandai for 'help'. Disappointing.

From me it seems like Namco is only helping with the 3DS version, but I may have heard it wrong. They just stressed the 3DS game though.

Keep in mind Nintendo's making an HD and 3DS version of the game at the same time.

From me it seems like Namco is only helping with the 3DS version, but I may have heard it wrong. They just stressed the 3DS game though.

Keep in mind Nintendo's making an HD and 3DS version of the game at the same time.

NoA said helping with both on Twitter.

Truth101

Banned
So like.. Nintendo is incapable of making next gen games they have to farm out work to Namco Bandai for 'help'. Disappointing.

Don't say dumb shit if you don't know what you are talking about.

Even Brawl had multiple studios working on it and it was most likely Nintendo's most expensive game to produce ever. You think a studio of 30 people, which Project Sora is, would finish the game before the Wii U's successor released?

Yea on the Euro conference they mentioned why they partnered with Namco. They wanted to just make a new team from scratch for Smash Bros but they also didn't want the games to take 15 f**king years to make so they went with the option (nice big experienced team from the get-go) that will hopefully allow them to get the games to us in a timely fashion.

WOOO! :D

BY2K

Membero Americo

They are making 2 games simultaneously of the biggest franchise Nintendo has ever created.

Yes, they need help, but not because they are incapable.

Hero

So maybe that's why Namco has been giving Nintendo a lot of love this past year. Seemed strange that Tekken got so much focus on both 3DS and Wii U.

Don't say dumb shit if you don't know what you are talking about.

Even Brawl had multiple studios working on it and it was most likely Nintendo's most expensive game to produce ever. You think a studio of 30 people, which Project Sora is, would finish the game before the Wii U's successor released?
Yeah and Remedy made Alan Wake on a similar number of people, also an expensive game that made use of outsourcing. They never say who, which makes me concerned that Namco has more involvement than a simple outsourcing deal.

Yeah and Remedy made Alan Wake on a similar number of people, also an expensive game that made use of outsourcing. They never say who, which makes me concerned that Namco has more involvement than a simple outsourcing deal.

Alan Wake was also less than 15 hours long.

Smash's campaign mode (assumign they follow the Subspace model) should be about the same as that, plus a massive fighting game base with 40+ characters, all of whom require balance & tweaking. Not to mention the insane amount of content that will be expected after the buffet of fanservice that was Brawl.

Boogiepop

Frustrating to see that Animal Crossing seems to be baffling delayed in the US, especially seeing how the Japanese ND just reconfirmed it for this fall over there. I'm so hyped for it, but apparently this one will be the first one since the original that isn't getting a worldwide release (barring something coming out of nowhere, like a few things that popped up here. Doubtful, though.) Feels a bit bad.

Still, the amazingness of Layton actually making it this year+Wario Land finally coming out so the torture can end is really, really nice. Very happy with this whole event overall.

Alan Wake was one game not two completely different games which is what Sora is doing. Perhaps Alan Wake was being outsourced to people that were unreputable. Namco, regardless of reputation, has a pretty big name and would spark interest and discussion.

Um... did anyone find the Sakurai message yet?

Already posted^
vYITf.png

watershed

Banned
Great stuff, Nintendo really did hold back at E3.

But I missed most of the NA Nintendo Direct, was there no mention of Animal Crossing?

Alan Wake was one game not two completely different games which is what Sora is doing. Perhaps Alan Wake was being outsourced to people that were unreputable. Namco, regardless of reputation, has a pretty big name and would spark interest and discussion.
Big name or not, it doesn't fill me with hope. I mean sure Microsoft has farmed out key franchises recently but they also dismantled their first party. You think people would be cool with the next Halo being 343 x Ubisoft? It's precisely because they're being so up front about this partnership that concerns me. That somehow this isn't just asset creation, and that worries me. Until it's clarified the relationship it is hard to get excited.

Just woke up and saw the 20 min NoA direct.

WHY WHY WAS THIS 10000000000000000000000% better than E3 this was SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Clean information
Great presentation
short
all games and logical info.

man this was great, XL looks great and the games all looked awesome.

WHY can;t you have an E3 like that............... seriously.

also

Banned
NOE's ND summary;

-3DS XL launches on 28.7., doesn't include cradle or charger. You can use the one from DSi and later models. Blue, Red and Silver colours.
-KH 3D; 20.7, demo available
-Thethrythm demo
-New Art Academy; 28.7. new lessons, materials, share your work and lessons locally or via SpotPass, display your work in a virtual gallery, new downloadable lessons after lunch (they mantion a Goomba lessons)
-Freaky Forms Deluxe; 28.7 a retail version of Freaky Forms, includes an RPG mode where you visit dungeons, unlock new abilities via chests and defeating bosses, create a Formee that's fit for the dungeon, the battle system looks turn based
-New Super Mario Bros. 2; 17.8
-Mario and Sonic 3DS Virtual Card Album; collect more than 70 cards, many in 3D; you start with 5 and gain more via Spot and Street Pass or via coins, depending on the card type
-eShop sale
22-26.6; Pullblox (=Pushmo), Zen Pinball 3D, Let's Golf 3D, TLoZ; Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Land
28.6-5.7: Dillon's Rolling Western, Freakyforms, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!, Mighty Switch Force, Super Mario Land 2
-Europe's geting Inazuma Eleven Wii on September 28th.
-Black and White 2 along with Pokemon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro this Autumn.
-Learn with Pokemon typing adventure on DS; Launches this September, includes a bluetooth keyboard. IN English, German, French, Spanish and Italian
pokemon_typing_ds_key4co6m.jpg

-37 cool things in Heroes of Ruin that will make you want buy the game, including a talking fish and 3D trees.
ib2ulhebf0QoVj.bmp
iqiKpfAqxi3PL.PNG

-Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS);2012
-Animal Crossing; 1st half of 2013
-Fire Emblem; 1st half of 2013
-New Yoshi QR codes for Mario Tennis Open will be released in the following weeks.
Metal Mario's QR code.
ibxfHVQdrNKWsS.bmp

Ryoku

Wow. You can clearly see the difference in how Nintendo handles the hand-held market versus its competition. It's a market for them, and not just an add-on for additional revenue.

They said they're not interesting in "winning E3".
I think this way their games get the full attention, instead of being buried in E3.

That, and there was clearly just way too much to be announced at E3 alone.

Top Bottom