• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

stalker

I just watched the european Nintendo Direct. This is the best presentation I have seen from Nintendo in years. I love Euro-Satoru.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The XL intro was fucking ace. Now that's how you introduce a product.

This is the best NOA Nintendo Direct ever!!!
You should see the NOE one. Shibata for president (of EU)! : )

Jintor

They said they're not interesting in "winning E3".
I think this way their games get the full attention, instead of being buried in E3.

It makes perfect sense, but it's still kind of disappointing. There's something so fun about rating E3 conferences. It is complete nonsense though.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Reason #37 why Heroes of Ruin is cool: offline single player.

Now this is trolling ; )

missed the stream, but reading the news, beside the NOA apparently both NOE and NOJ delivered; why the fuck is Europe getting eShop sales and new Art Academy and NOA isn't? They also got Xenoblade and The Last Story and now Fatal Frame. I am sad :(

missed the stream, but reading the news, beside the NOA apparently both NOE and NOJ delivered; why the fuck is Europe getting eShop sales and new Art Academy and NOA isn't? They also got Xenoblade and The Last Story and now Fatal Frame. I am sad :(

I think Art Academy was in the NOA stream. I don't believe it was given a release date, though.

mclem

I overslept, didn't have time to watch this before I came into work...

...so I downloaded it and watched it on the bus. On my PS Vita.

The irony delights me.

I might get Art Academy as I want to learn and improve how to draw digitally. I like that they announced a 20 percent sale on the popular E shop games. I was originally planning to upgrade my SD card before buying anything there, but I don't think I can resist now.

mclem

-eShop sale
22-26.6; Pullblox (=Pushmo), Zen Pinball 3D, Let's Golf 3D, TLoZ; Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Land
28.6-5.7: Dillon's Rolling Western, Freakyforms, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!, Mighty Switch Force, Super Mario Land 2
Here's hoping this is a massive success, Nintendo needs to understand that this is a GOOD IDEA, and the games from that list that I own are great.

At the very least, if you don't own Pullblox under *some* name, you need to sit and carefully re-evaluate your life choice.

(Are either or both of the two golf games worthwhile?)

-37 cool things in Heroes of Ruin that will make you want buy the game, including a talking fish and 3D trees.

I liked the gags in that.
"Evil trees! Skill trees! 3D trees!"...
Nice little nod to Leeroy Jenkins in the voice chat bit.
I assume the mention of enemy crabs was, well, deliberate.
"Local multiplayer. Online multiplayer. OFFLINE... single player". Diablo 3 burn!

mclem

Did anybody else notice that Nintendo almost completely ignores mentioning the 3D feature? Or am I wrong

I think they've mostly exhausted the things they *can* say about it. If they keep reiterating "...in 3D", it's going to get tiresome.

Never heard of Heroes of Ruin on the 3DS. The European Nintendo Direct had a nice trailer of it. Looked pretty cool.

There is a demo out for Europeans. It has potential but I did not like the slowdowns when fighting more enemies and I am not usually someone who complains about framerate/tearing.

RpgN

That was some awesome Nintendo Direct. It beats the crap out of E3. From now on, E3 is going to be ignored and it's going to be all about Nintendo Direct! Sony better take notes and deliver a better Vita Heaven.

I really didn't expect Nintendo to have a sale, Pullblox and Zelda a Link's Awakening were on my wishlist, so they were bought. I'm considering Mighty Switch Force and Mario Land 2 next week.

It figures, I've worked like 60 hours so far this week for a deadline, so I passed on last night's ND, only to find out this one actually had a ton of news.

Was hoping a 3DS revision would have 2 sticks, but those bigger screens seem great! Also, about time Layton was confirmed for US release.

Boerseun

Banned
I watched the EU presentation. Shibata completely nailed it! Every single thing they showed has me hyped. Inazuma Eleven came as a pleasant surprise. And New Art Academy looks fantastic! Heck, I reckon I'm buying the XL, transferring my data and giving my existing 3DS to my brother. NoE rules!

Takao

Banned
Nintendo must not like Medabots or something, because the first trailer for the game premieres tonight, and it was completely absent from Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom