• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

iMax

The #NintendoDirect will focus on #WiiU & #3DS games coming this spring and summer.

→ https://t.co/4RSf0LgWq2 https://t.co/dUbd9tTkYf

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/705016542807851009

s9dy.gif

Expect nothing for Pokémon Sun and Moon- if they wanted to show something, I'd have imagined that they'd have done it four days ago.

The Detective Pikachu localisation is a distinct possibility, though.

This is probably the first Direct I'm not excited for since they started. I'm just over both Wii U and 3DS at this point.

Of course I'm still going to watch, because Nintendo.

Kouichi

I expect most people will ignore the "summer 2016" part. This direct will likely just focus on games coming out soon that we already know about like Pokken and Star Fox with maybe one or two low key game reveals.

chadboban

Hope this is one of those things where they say they're gonna talk about games to be released for a certain time period (in this case summer) and surprise us with some unexpected announcements or footage. All I want is some new Zelda footage and that'll be good enough for me. It's been long enough, it's time for a new look at this game.

Luigiv

Not expecting anything big here but maybe if were lucky we'll get a "GDC" trailer for the new Zelda, as seems to be the tradition. Not holding my breath, though.

Great!

"Will cover games coming up until this Summer."

Oh... And japanese Direct not announced yet... Ooooooooh...

Not too excited for this one but will still watch, maybe we will have one cool surprise... I hope...

Nia

I'm expecting a passable Direct at best. Nothing big. It should be better than the Pokemon one, hopefully.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Most are joking about NX, but even if you're hoping for a crumb of it: no chance. Have to get the remaining titles out with the proper push for them. Talking NX now would cannibalize that even more.

This is a necessary step to get where we want to be.

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the end of an era- the last Direct before the NX is announced and can be covered. Exciting times!

They always, ALWAYS do this, even when they're announcing stuff past that. A focus on summer software doesn't rule out an announcement for Paper Mario in autumn, or whatever.

Brew124

Makes sense with the transition Nintendo is going through with NX and Mobile which will take center stage.

Yeah. With this direct taking us through Summer, I wouldn't be surprised if E3 is literally all NX and Mobile, with hardly any mention of Wii U except for Zelda, which will probably get more spotlight on the NX anyway.

Are there even likely to be any new games announced here if there is no Japanese equivalent presentation? What if it's just a series of release dates for NA/EU?

Pachimari

I hope for this:

- EU date for Dragon Quest VII
- EU date for Fire Emblem Fates
- Something Yokai Watch
- Something Pokemon Sun/Moon

So we'll probably get new Star Fox footage and clarification on whether it will be delayed or not. We might also here more about Miitomo and their future mobile games. Was Mother 3 confirmed to be a big E3 reveal, or is it possible we'll see it tomorrow?

Top Bottom