• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

It's also because Nintendo that you can't get excited for 3DS or Wii U stuff anymore.

They've made it obvious that nothing genuinely exciting will release for those platforms anymore.
I'm more than excited for Fire Emblem fates, the new Pokemon,both Dragon Quests, Rhythm Tengoku best+ and Yokai Watch.

Speak for youself.

Edit: Oh and whatever form of Monster Hunter X we'll get in the west. And Ace Attorney 6.

Neoxon

is that true? I remmeber many Japanese localization confirmation via Directs for the 3DS and also SEGA games for Wii U.

In terms of "official" scope? Maybe but Summer is usually a dead period for new releases and Directs too. So it is pretty safe to assume that they will cover details, edition and dates for games such as Mario&Sonic 3DS/Wii U (one is march, the other June, so that's enough to cover up to summer), Zelda TPHD, Pokken, Star Fox, Minecraft Nintendo edition (pretty safe bet imho), Hyrule Warriors Legends and other 3DS games (Federation Force?)

I still don't know when #FE will be released: hopefully within summer and will be covered tomorrow.

But there will be no Pokemon Sun/Moon, no Zelda U (unless they would like to anticipate a small tidbit during the Zelda TP HD wolf link amiibo footage), no Paper Mario U and obviously no NX.

Let's take a look at Trev lineup to better understadn what could be covered during the "Spring/summer Direct" of tomorrow:

3DS:
Spring-Early Summer
Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer) -> Supposedly Style Savvy

Wii U
First part of the year
Zelda TP HD
Pokken
Star Fox
Maybe Minecraft Nintendo
Maybe #FE

So, no

3DS
Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there) --> ALREADY COVERED BY THE MOON/SUN DIRECT

Wii U
Fall
Zelda U
New unannounced game (Paper Mario U?)
FTFY

Kazer

Tempering my expectations, so:

Metroid reboot
Super Mario Galaxy 3 & HD collection with separate Luma amiibo
Zelda NX release date/Wii U cancellation
Pokémon Snap 2
Mother 3 VC on Thursday

lmao. This would be amazing aside from the Zelda Wii U cancellation.

Trying not to get too hyped so I'm just expecting a trailer for Metroid Federation Force, maybe some Star Fox news, and hopefully some #FE news.

TDLink

Things this will almost certainly cover:

Almost certainly
  • Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors Legends promotion (unfortunately....of course they had to get it right before these)
  • Pokken (We can hope for a new character, right?)
  • Detective Pikachu in the West
  • Bravely Second (NA)/FE Fates (EU)
  • Mario and Sonic Olympics 2016
  • Star Fox Zero (Possibly delayed)
  • Metroid Federation Force (Re-Reveal)
  • Nintendo Accounts/My Nintendo
  • Announcement of Paper Mario Wii U
  • Dragon Quest 7

Also possibly
  • Genei Ibun Roku #FE (If it's not canned)
  • Style Savy 3 (If the rumour is true)
  • Zelda

zeromcd73

Doubt we get anything super new. No Japan direct right? Tell tell sign then. Expect the expected i.e. Stuff we already know about with one or two "new" games.... That we already know about. No Zelda either
Going by the leaks we will probably get Torte City 3DS and Paper Mario U? as the only brand new games not including late localizations announced in the US/EU streams.

georly

Pokemon direct still kinda felt like a direct, despite being shorter. I wonder what they meant about a new format for nintendo directs in 2016? Is this the first of the new formats? Or was pokemon an indication and this is just short and to the point as well? What can we expect?

I know it says games up to summer, but I'm hoping for a bit more info on Pokemon Sun and Moon. Add in a Fire Emblem Fates release date and I'm sorted.

Joqu

Ahw man, why'd you have to remind me of that game's existence.

I forced myself to forget about it because we're obviously
never ever ever
getting it.

Goddamn it.

I'm hoping that if I keep mentioning it it'll magically happen. Shhh.

Surely NoE will decide to localize it. ;_;

Things this will almost certainly cover:

Almost certainly
  • Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors Legends promotion (unfortunately....of course they had to get it right before these)
  • Pokken (We can hope for a new character, right?)
  • Detective Pikachu in the West
  • Bravely Second (NA)/FE Fates (EU)
  • Mario and Sonic Olympics 2016
  • Star Fox Zero (Possibly delayed)
  • Metroid Federation Force (Re-Reveal)
  • Nintendo Accounts/My Nintendo
  • Announcement of Paper Mario Wii U
  • Dragon Quest 7

Also possibly
  • Genei Ibun Roku #FE (If it's not canned)
  • Style Savy 3 (If the rumour is true)
  • Zelda

based on all the lists people are posting combined with the leaks I'd say we have a VERY clear picture of what this direct is going to be

Kind of sad that there wont be many surprises to end the era of WiiU/3DS but im cool with it

Its actually quite a big chunk of software drops before the NX reveal

If we don't get anything on Monster Hunter X, I'm giving up all hope.

Its going to be an NX game bro

woopWOOP

Oh neat.
Not sure what to expect. Metroid Federation and Starfox Zero trailer/amiibo functionality talk I guess.

.... Super Mario Maker DLC perhaps?? :0

Time for the announcement of amiibo!

-Roy to be unlockable in Fire Emblem Fates
-Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta to be released in May
-Splatoon wave 2 of the Squid Sisters and Octoling
-Super Mario wave 2 of Wario, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina
-Arwing amiibo to be bundled with Star Fox Zero

balgajo

Wow, for the first time in years I can say that I'm not hyped. Maybe the medication is working!
Or it's because of TP:HD on midnight and expecting that Zelda Wii U will not show up. Anyway, tomorrow night will be a good Nintendo day.

Volotaire

Countdown Timer

t1457042400z0.png

Sun/Moon and Zelda are not genuinely exciting.

Okay.

Zelda's been announced a lifetime ago and it won't be getting new information any time soon because of NX.

Pokemon is exciting for Pokemon people but it's not getting new information any time soon because it was only just announced.

My point, to be extra clear, was that these Directs aren't as exciting because it's clear no more megatons will be announced until the NX announcement.

I'm more than excited for Fire Emblem fates, the new Pokemon,both Dragon Quests, Rhythm Tengoku best+ and Yokai Watch.

Speak for youself.

Edit: Oh and whatever form of Monster Hunter X we'll get in the west. And Ace Attorney 6.

Agreed, I was talking about new announcements.

jph139

Dammit Nintendo - stop scheduling Directs EXACTLY when I'm on my commute! 4pm? Fine. 6pm? Fine. But no, it's always either 5:00 or 5:30.

...not that I'm expecting much here, honestly. Mostly hoping for more details (possibly a release date?) about #FE in the West.

GhostBed

I gasped, let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

More info on FE#, Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, Sun/Moon, Zelda U, Star Fox plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Will this be the final Wii U/3DS presentation?

javac

I get why they'd hold back Zelda U (cross-gen), but why hold back footage for Sun/Moon?

Seems weird that they'd not show footage at the Pokemon Direct and then show it a week or so later but maybe not. It is out this year after all!

ash_ag

Really hoping to finally see Rhythm Paradise localised. I'm also extremely curious about what became of Federation Force. While it has no doubt not been cancelled, I have a feeling they tried to bring it more in-line with fans' expectations, for better or for worse.

Also, Trev's leaks seem to cover their retail plans for the year, but I assume digital releases haven't been covered. Case in point:

CaQanQIWEAE93Az.jpg
CaQyBs1WkAEum6s.jpg

EU/US date hopefully

Or maybe Episode 2

Hype! :D

Ilvocare

Oddly enough, my one hope for this direct is Ninty confirming a second run of the Fates limited edition. It's such a long shot that anything else would be a bonus, but I still have a smolder of hope...

Iokis

I'll be honest all I really wanna hear is that Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 is going to reach the West.

Still scandalised that the remakes of the GBC games didn't leave Japan, but on the other hand Jokers 1 and 2 were localised, plus they're bringing over DQVII and DQVIII... On the other other hand, DQMJ2 Professional wasn't (yes I am aware it was because Pro came out as they were just finishing up localising vanilla DQMJ2), which leaves me somewhat pessimistic.

Top Bottom