• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

javac

People really think that NX will be shown off in such an unceremonious fashion?

This is getting most of the Wii U/3DS stuff out of the way. I bet Pokemon Moon/Sun and Zelda Wii U will be the two main games missing from this Direct that we'll have to wait longer to see more of (E3).

MY DICK B LETS GOOOOO

image.php

I hope for this:

- Monster Hunter X localization
- EU date for Dragon Quest VII
- EU date for Fire Emblem Fates
- Something Yokai Watch
- Something Pokemon Sun/Moon

MHX going to be an NX launch title bro

Capcom Fiscal year already rolled over right? Why havent they announced any localizations yet?

Awww yeah. This will make my evening tomorrow :D

I really want a Dragon Quest VII release date. Just give me a date I can put in my agenda and look forward to.

Fire Emblem Fates release date as well. Although not sure if I'll get because short on money.

Expecting a low key direct, the last for the Wii U at least i think/and a wind down for the 3ds.

I would like to point, whilst i'm not expecting no NX stuff, perhaps a soft direct announce? Join us on this day for news on our future.

Didn't the last direct say there will be no NX news. This one doesn't. Clutching at straws haha.

chozen

Nothing to get hyped over, NX reveal will probably be at E3 and that is probably where all the goodies are held.
They are probably going to show things we already know. Pokemon, Starfox HD and so on.

Yay. Not expecting all the big stuff from this one but I hope we get a few surprises.

I mean we're obviously getting The Great Ace Attorney from this. Obviously.

:(

Ahw man, why'd you have to remind me of that game's existence.

I forced myself to forget about it because we're obviously
never ever ever
getting it.

Goddamn it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I need to eat some crow because I honestly didn't expect a Direct before NX news.

No Zelda U though, but maybe Paper Mario.

No NX is espected, but no mobile is strange.

Crayolan

I want them to show something, anything about Sun and Moon, but I imagine if they were planning on showing anything within the next month they would've just done it on Pokemon Day.

Paper Mario seems like a possibility though.

I need to eat some crow because I honestly didn't expect a Direct before NX news.

No Zelda U though, but maybe Paper Mario.

No NX is espected, but no mobile is strange.

Nintendo is postioning all new business ventures for the new Fiscal year starting in April

So its not surprising at all

This is probably the first Direct I'm not excited for since they started. I'm just over both Wii U and 3DS at this point.

Of course I'm still going to watch, because Nintendo.

It's also because Nintendo that you can't get excited for 3DS or Wii U stuff anymore.

They've made it obvious that nothing genuinely exciting will release for those platforms anymore.

KingBroly

Banned
Let's see....
- Paper Mario Wii U announced
- Mother 3 for the Wii U VC
- DQ7 release date
- Star Fox Zero date/delay confirmation
- TP HD overview because OF COURSE
- That Mario v. DK amiibo game
- MOAR AMIIBO
- Fed Farce Source Code deleted LIVE ON CAMERA
- Rhythm Heaven Plus for the eShop in NA/EU

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
3rd party games usually don't.

is that true? I remmeber many Japanese localization confirmation via Directs for the 3DS and also SEGA games for Wii U.

Through Summer? That's a bigger scope than usal for Directs, isn't it? I mean, their base scope (since there's always something that's out of that) is the next three months after the Direct, while this sounds to include a few more months. Or maybe I'm reading wrong.

In terms of "official" scope? Maybe but Summer is usually a dead period for new releases and Directs too. So it is pretty safe to assume that they will cover details, edition and dates for games such as Mario&Sonic 3DS/Wii U (one is march, the other June, so that's enough to cover up to summer), Zelda TPHD, Pokken, Star Fox, Minecraft Nintendo edition (pretty safe bet imho), Hyrule Warriors Legends and other 3DS games (Federation Force?)

I still don't know when #FE will be released: hopefully within summer and will be covered tomorrow.

But there will be no Pokemon Sun/Moon, no Zelda U (unless they would like to anticipate a small tidbit during the Zelda TP HD wolf link amiibo footage), no Paper Mario U and obviously no NX.

Let's take a look at Trev lineup to better understadn what could be covered during the "Spring/summer Direct" of tomorrow:

3DS:
Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Wii U
First part of the year

Zelda TP HD
Pokken
Star Fox
Maybe Minecraft Nintendo
Maybe #FE

]So, no

3DS
Fall-Holiday

3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there) --> ALREADY COVERED BY THE MOON/SUN DIRECT

Wii U
Fall

Zelda U
New unannounced game (Paper Mario U?)

Neoxon

People really think that NX will be shown off in such an unceremonious fashion?

This is getting most of the Wii U/3DS stuff out of the way. I bet Pokemon Moon/Sun and Zelda Wii U will be the two main games missing from this Direct that we'll have to wait longer to see more of (E3).
I get why they'd hold back Zelda U (cross-gen), but why hold back footage for Sun/Moon?

helium121

Banned
What are the chances they release Miitomo after the direct? They have a tendency to release digital games directly after these announcements.

Berordn

It'll be a fifteen minute Pokken overview with no new info, with another fifteen minutes going into excruciating detail about Mario & Sonic 2016.

Hiltz

I'm going to keep my expectations low. If Starfox gets delayed, then there's likely just Fire Emblem X SMT by August (assuming it is being localized), then maybe a small-scale game release like what Nintendo did with Captain Toad.

Come on Shin Megami Tensei IV Final localisation announcement.

And Fire Emblem Fates date.

It's probably too early for Etrian Odyssey V news, maybe next direct.

Mik317

Doubt we get anything super new. No Japan direct right? Tell tell sign then. Expect the expected i.e. Stuff we already know about with one or two "new" games.... That we already know about. No Zelda either

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming Nintendo Direct broadcast, despite absence about NX information. Maybe they could share some details on their E3 plans instead?

Doubt we get anything super new. No Japan direct right? Tell tell sign then. Expect the expected i.e. Stuff we already know about with one or two "new" games.... That we already know about. No Zelda either
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20160304/index.html

Top Bottom