• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

Roto13

Nope, just the flip bug, which happened in an optional mode.

It sucks that it took a month to fix it, but the game is still 100% fine and playable (with a ton of content).

It's not 100% fine and playable if a mode doesn't work because nobody bothered to try it before release. It's not like this is some weird, hard to encounter bug.

It's not 100% fine and playable if a mode doesn't work because nobody bothered to try it before release. It's not like this is some weird, hard to encounter bug.

It's not that simple. You don't know what caused the bug; saying "nobody bothered to try it" is silly.

Shit happens; we've seen it time and time with game releases and updates (Fallout DLC, for example, coming out flat-out broken). It's unfortunate that this happened, but all things considered, it wasn't game-breaking. The regular game and all the bonus levels are 100% playable.

I still enjoyed the game, from start to finish.

Roto13

It's not that simple. You don't know what caused the bug; saying "nobody bothered to try it" is silly.

Shit happens; we've seen it time and time with game releases and updates (Fallout DLC, for example, coming out flat-out broken). It's unfortunate that this happened, but all things considered, it wasn't game-breaking. The regular game and all the bonus levels are 100% playable.

I still enjoyed the game, from start to finish.

The bug happens by trying a mode. That's it. Anyone who played that one mode encountered the bug. It's literally impossible to miss if you just start playing each mode once. If anyone bothered to test this, they clearly didn't care enough to fix it before releasing it. And if it makes part of the game, even an extra part that's not part of the main campaign, unplayable, it breaks the game.

NeoRausch

How would you know if a game has an update?
by checking for updates?

and by "checking for updates" i don't mean to check your updates ('cause that option is null/still dead) but to go to aaaaallllll you downloadhistory and check manually till you se an update button.

the Nintendo-Way!

Lijik

I didnt encounter the flipbug when playing VVVVVV, what was it exactly?

Im going to assume its along the lines of "you go into one of the extra modes and you cant flip" which sounds super fucking busted.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I didnt encounter the flipbug when playing VVVVVV, what was it exactly?

Im going to assume its along the lines of "you go into one of the extra modes and you cant flip" which sounds super fucking busted.

If you tried to enter Flip Mode the game would freeze.

There are other bugs/glitches too, I've seen 'em listed, but none as egregious as that one. Nicalis is hopeless.

/Metal Gear Ghost Babel CONFIRMED

haha so not confirmed

Nah, once MGS3D bombs due to it being a downgraded PS2 port which costs $40 by itself when an upgraded version of the same game is being sold on other systems as part of a compilation for the same price, Konami will reach the inescapable conclusion that 3DS owners simply aren't interested in Metal Gear and they'll release a remake of Ghost Babel for iphone instead.

IrishNinja

that is so awful, it sounds like you sat in on an exec meeting in the future.
i want to fault your logic so hard, but...konami.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I might pick up VVVVVV if it were cheaper. No level editor, and I already own it on Steam.

But I did finally break down and bought Mutant Mudds today. Pretty entertaining so far, if a little bit vanilla and simple. Some challenging platforming though, and secrets to go around.

3DS has such a surprisingly good eShop lineup with original software, considering how it started. Now if only Nintendo would get their asses in gear with the Virtual Console.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Quarth (Konami | Game Boy | ¥400) Upcoming (02/22)

Roto13

Nah, once MGS3D bombs due to it being a downgraded PS2 port which costs $40 by itself when an upgraded version of the same game is being sold on other systems as part of a compilation for the same price, Konami will reach the inescapable conclusion that 3DS owners simply aren't interested in Metal Gear and they'll release a remake of Ghost Babel for iphone instead.

Snake Eater 3D doesn't really seem that downgraded any more. More recent impressions of more recent builds seem to be a lot more positive. I think Snake Eater 3D is going to be a fine port for the 3DS, but probably still redundant with the HD collection out there for the same price or less.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Snake Eater 3D doesn't really seem that downgraded any more. More recent impressions of more recent builds seem to be a lot more positive. I think Snake Eater 3D is going to be a fine port for the 3DS, but probably still redundant with the HD collection out there for the same price or less.

But only on the 3DS can I take erotic pictures of myself to use as camouflage.

Zekes!

I just learned the other day that it was announced last year that Sega was putting Monster World IV on the Wii VC, is that still happening???

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just learned the other day that it was announced last year that Sega was putting Monster World IV on the Wii VC, is that still happening???
As far as we know... part of me expects a new wave of VC stuff this summer, after the last few NOA titles drip out... but what do I know?

sakipon

Nintedoggies demo now up on Japanese eShop.

I'm still waiting for them to come up with something new. How about an ant farm? Bunny agility? Trained koalas?

beje

Banned
Nintedoggies demo now up on Japanese eShop.

I'm still waiting for them to come up with something new. How about an ant farm? Bunny agility? Trained koalas?

At this point one fucking year after release I just want them to take advantage of the Spotpass option the game has to deliver new stuff. Only thing they've done in Spain (and it was as late as last month, go figure) is sending the Mii of the infamous singer that advertises the game here (with a typo in his name) and the dog he uses in said ads.

zigg

At this point one fucking year after release I just want them to take advantage of the Spotpass option the game has to deliver new stuff. Only thing they've done in Spain (and it was as late as last month, go figure) is sending the Mii of the infamous singer that advertises the game here (with a typo in his name) and the dog he uses in said ads.
We're still getting U.S. presidents over here... I dunno if you're missing much.

Nintendogs + Cats demo has a 10 play limit. First 1st party demo, no?

And Kirby is fun. Technically my first Kirby game, if you don't count Airide, and you shouldn't probably.

@MUWANdo

Banned

No-one knows, they haven't said a thing about any of the "Vintage Collection" releases since the original announcement.

A Visual Novel for so cheap? Definitely going to check that out now, here's hoping there's more of this sort of thing in future.

It doesn't support stereoscopic 3D, I'm guessing that's why it's cheap.

beje

Banned
We're still getting U.S. presidents over here... I dunno if you're missing much.

It's more like seeing support and how Nintendo still cares to mantain their product. The only support we've got here is something that could have been done the very same day of releasing as they've been using the same singer and his wife to advertise this game on TV since last year.

The announcement (made in May 2011) indicated Late 2011/Early 2012, so I suppose they're technically still within that range.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bit Boy!! Arcade coming to eShop

Bernd Geiblinger, Art Director and CEO of Bplus, says:

"Everyone knows that Bplus is a crazy company with has a sense for making crazy games. In Bit Boy!! we sent our one pixel hero Kubi through the video game history to rescue his friends kidnapped by an evil 4-bit monster. This time Kubi not only meets new monsters and tries out new game play elements but also faces his creator the firy first time, me! That not only offers some interesting topics for the crazy story but also gives us the possibility to show young and experienced gamers some aspects of the game development with a closer look behind the scenes.”

Not just a BIT of emotions...

Witness what happens when the time travelling pixel hero Kubi finds out that he is only a part of a game.
Behold his emotions and get excited about the impact this will have on the game.
How will the battle between the game designer and his hero turn out?

> Rescue Kubi's friends in every phase
> Reach the score limit to master a level in story mode
> New types of nasty, intelligent monsters
> Shoot enemies up in the air with a pixel twist attack
> Fight against huge and really hard Bosses
> Use Play Coins to continue; which you will need to do a lot!
> Levels progress in phases
> Use bomb and rocket blocks to blast monsters and enviroment
> Move Blocks in a blink of an eye with new pixel kinetic forces
> 3D-Graphics with impressive depth
> Use spring blocks to jump back and forth between 3D platforms
> Digital control in realtime with absolutely no movement lag
> Hunt for highscores to get medals in every level
> The different control schemes include touch screen input

The Nintendo 3DS™ action maze game Bit Boy!! ARCADE is in develompment for the Nintendo eShop and is around 50% complete.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The update for Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC) is now available in North America. Save states, new main menu icon, etc..

Top Bottom