• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Crushed 3D demo is now on the Best Buy Demo units. I imagine it is the same verison that EU has on their EShop.

I think that version was published by Sega.
It was developed by them too. Capcom's listed as the publisher on the VC release though, which makes sense since it was the same for their previous Sega developed/published Genesis VC games (Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Mercs).

Capcom still has the Genesis version of SSF2 with added online play scheduled for US Virtual Console. Before the Wii VC dies out I still want to see them release Mega Man 6 (NES), Mega Man X2/3 (SNES), Gargoyle's Quest II (NES) and Demon's Crest (SNES). All that seems pretty reasonable.

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™
iSpot Japan - iSpot Japan takes you on a journey across the Land of the Rising Sun, explaining facts and curiosities about Japanese culture while you play a classic "spot the difference" game in the country's most beautiful locations. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)
BOUGHT!

EDIT: Not developed by Nintendo? UNBOUGHT!

Lijik

If you tried to enter Flip Mode the game would freeze.

There are other bugs/glitches too, I've seen 'em listed, but none as egregious as that one. Nicalis is hopeless.

I know Im late in response but that is FUCKED and totally indefensible.
In response to someone saying you can play through the game without it: a trinket in the secret lab requires you to play through the game in Flip mode. This should have been found in QA

Anyways its cool to see the ambassador games (or at least one of them) are being released for sale!

it's really not that difficult outside of 1 optional part (everyone who has played the game knows which part I'm talking about). If you can handle the spike deaths in a mega man game, you can handle the very worst of VVVVVV, because that's essentially what it's built around (and a clever flip mechanic), with instant respawn and, yes, generous checkpoints. (btw, in case you didn't notice, the name of the game is spikes. )

Um, will you still respect me in the morning if I tell you that I hadn't noticed that? :/

Thanks for your feedback on the game though :). I've never played a mega man game and am not normally fond of uber hard games but instant re-spawn and generous checkpoints dissuades me from avoiding this game. I thoroughly enjoyed 'And Yet It Moves' so I'm looking forward to this :).

M3d10n

Ah, the eShop finally notified me about a title update (Super Mario Bros.). I wonder if the functionality was always there, or if the eShop can actually update itself behind the scenes.

Roto13

Canadians can download the Hulu Plus channel by switching their Wii's country to United States.

If anyone wants to do that for whatever reason.

As soon as I logged into the shop, it said there was an update for one of my titles. Then, it took me to the update list.

Oh. I logged into the eShop earlier [UK iteration] but didn't get that. I had to manually update all my NES titles. Love the new SMB icon :). I assume that once the Ambassador games are made freely available to buy they will be getting the same treatment. I hope so as it's a really nice touch!

Chuckpebble

Why did you need to check the eShop five times? :p

I heard something about it being available on the 16th, but people in the thread seemed to have downloaded it already, so I kept going on and checking late last night and through the morning.

I'm done with it already. I understand the need to keep movement analogue for the sneaking around aspect, but swapping look and move in first person would've been a nice touch. I ain't spending money on that other thing.

Where the hell is Wario Land, Nintendo??

Seriously, they're wasting their time putting console ports (Super Mario Bros) on the handheld instead of old handheld games. Outrageous.

I know nothing much about Wario Land but I enjoyed 2, 4 and Shake Dimension so i'm in.

I'm intrigued by Strider if it ever makes it to PAL land but judging by the vanishing acts of other Capcom VC games like Mega Man X and Mega Man 5 i'm not holding my breath.

Am I dreaming?

Did somebody say there's a North American Wii Virtual Console release?

And it's for the Genesis? That's almost two years to the date since the last one!

Effect

Gotta say I really enjoyed the Wallflower Tango videos on Nintendo Video. If these were up on the eShop I'd buy them for sure.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Oh, something else I noticed... the Domo DSiWare appear to be available on the 3DS eShop now. They weren't at launch... does anyone know if they were available prior to this week?

Roto13

Oh, something else I noticed... the Domo DSiWare appear to be available on the 3DS eShop now. They weren't at launch... does anyone know if they were available prior to this week?

No, this is the first week back. They weren't available/transferrable from a DSi before today.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
No, this is the first week back. They weren't available/transferrable from a DSi before today.

Ah. There are relatively few DSiWare titles left that aren't available on the 3DS...

* Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
* Let's Golf
* Real Soccer 2009
* Real Soccer 2010
* Sudoku Master
* Sudoku Sensei
* Sudoku Student
* The Oregon Trail

...as well as these more obvious exceptions:

* DSi Browser
* 3DS Transfer Tool
* Flipnote Studio

Insaniac

Okay guys, the last eshop game I bought was Pushmo and I enjoyed it, but I barely keep up with downloadable games, so is there anything dsiware or 3ds that is absolutely amazing and I have to take a look at?

zigg

I'm glad Pinball Pulse came back before Domo. If Domo had come back first I may have had cause to rage a bit.

You'd have a blue/black background and everything else in front. Super Mario Bros. is one of the last games I'd want to see as a 3D Classic.
Bushes and clouds would make up at least one level.

You'd have a blue/black background and everything else in front. Super Mario Bros. is one of the last games I'd want to see as a 3D Classic.

MZwgl.jpg
wIxri.png

tsab

Okay guys, the last eshop game I bought was Pushmo and I enjoyed it, but I barely keep up with downloadable games, so is there anything dsiware or 3ds that is absolutely amazing and I have to take a look at?

PAL or USA store?
My answer will be different, since the availability it's different for either store

mclem

I do have to say, I think that's one of the best upgrades to 3D... it's just a shame it was on *that* game.

There's more going on there than in Super Mario Bros. Even just in that NES shot the backgrounds are a lot more detailed.

Sure, they could give Mario that same angle but it'd a) Do a lot less for the gameplay and b) take a lot more effort if you wanted to get that sort of fore/back-ground effect in the Mario style environments.

@MUWANdo

Banned
A bigger issue would be the severe amount of ghosting that occurs when you use flat-colour backgrounds especially high-contrast colours like black. That's almost certainly the reason they added new backgrounds to Kid Icarus.

Of course, they could just use the All-Stars assets.

I went to the Best Buy near me and they didn't have the Crush 3D demo for download (it was the Mario and Sonic 2012 demo). As an Activity Log icon collector, I was very disappointed.

I didn't come out empty handed though.

Tyeforce

I went to the Best Buy near me and they didn't have the Crush 3D demo for download (it was the Mario and Sonic 2012 demo). As an Activity Log icon collector, I was very disappointed.

I didn't come out empty handed though.
A fellow Activity Log icon collector, yay! :D

And the demos that are available to download from the Nintendo Zone are always ones that are already available on the eShop, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Crush3D demo isn't a download demo in the U.S. (yet, at least), it's a demo built in to the physical demo 3DS system at the store.

I would endorse both Mighty Switch Force and VVVVVV, personally.

And the demos that are available to download from the Nintendo Zone are always ones that are already available on the eShop, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Crush3D demo isn't a download demo in the U.S. (yet, at least), it's a demo built in to the physical demo 3DS system at the store.

Whoops, you're right. I guess I misread an earlier post. :/

Oh well, like I said, I didn't come out empty-handed. :)

StayDead

I bought Dreamland 2 today. I can't believe as a massive kirby fan I never knew this and the third one existed. The animal partners are great. <3

Chopper

I just got a new fridge! Feels good man.

I tried downloading the Resident Evil demo a couple of weeks ago, and to my horror, I was unable to do so cos I didn't have enough free blocks. Bought myself a 16GB Class 10 bad boy and transferred all my shit over, easy. Was able to download all those niggling stealth updates too. What the fuck were they for?

I learnt a few things:
1. Demos don't appear under "Titles You've Downloaded".
2. Deleting and redownloading demos does not reset the play counter. Not surprising, but confirmed nonetheless.
3. Downloading updates requires the same amount of blocks as downloading the game again. Presumably the original file isn't obsolete until it is entirely overwritten. It caught me by surprise that I was unable to update Metroid II because I required 46 blocks.
4. A Class 10 SD card does not eliminate the delay when loading games on the Home screen.
5. The "Available Updates" option in the eShop settings is a redundant waste of screen real estate. Although, there needs to be an "Update All" option.
6. I need fucking folders.

Tyeforce said:
This is cool. I'm just looking at my Activity Log now. But...It says I have played 80 titles, and I only have 79 icons. i.e. The last space on page ten of the software library is blank. What gives?

Top Bottom