• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

D-e-f-

Banned
Europe is getting Super Mario Bros. DX for 3DS VC on February 12?
Have we heard anything about it coming out in the US yet?

No it isn't. NoE has a promotion where you get SMB DX for free when registering or linking your NNID on 3DS. The codes are being sent out starting Feb 13 (until Feb 28). Promotion ends January 31.

terrisus

No it isn't. NoE has a promotion where you get SMB DX for free when registering or linking your NNID on 3DS. The codes are being sent out starting Feb 13 (until Feb 28). Promotion ends January 31.

Bah.
Ah well, at least I still have my GBC cartridge.

HUELEN10

Just thought I'd post this here after being cleared by the mods. I am running a contest for a 10 USD eShop card in the Dr. Luigi OT; I thought that since this is the downloads thread, some of you might be interested in the prize. If you like to draw, then this is for you.

zroid

Banned
Trine 2 is on sale like every other week, haha. At this point I wonder why they haven't just changed the price. I suppose it's true there are some psychological effects when you see that "SALE" banner.

Next week VC Games in Europe are Ninja Gaiden III (3DS) and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Wii U).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NoA Give Lost Levels

I need that game with restore points, lol

steveovig

I didn't know until today that Unepic had achievements and that seals the deal on that game for me. When I get some extra cash, I might pick it up. It already looks pretty good. I'd probably rather buy the Steam version but my PC won't run it but the Wii-U versions seems just as good.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Unepic €9.99/£8.99

Wii U VC
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels €4.99/£4.49

3DS
Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare €34.99/£29.99

3DS VC
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom €3.99/£3.59

===
Price Reductions

3DS
Fractured Souls €3.99 (£3.59) until 06/02/14, 23:59 local time
Rage of the Gladiator €3.49 (£3.19) until 06/02/14, 23:59 local time
AiRace Speed €2.99 (£2.69) until 13/02/14, 23:59 local time
3D Game Collection €5.99 (£5.99) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Funfair Party Games €6.99 (£6.99) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Gardenscapes €5.99 (£5.99) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Murder on the Titanic €5.99 (£4.99) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Secret Agent Files: Miami €6.99 (£5.79) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Jewel Match 3 €5.99 (£4.99) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
3D MahJongg €3.99 (£3.29) until 09/02/14, 23:59 local time
Boulder Dash-XL 3D €2.99 (£2.49) until 30/01/14, 14:59 CET
Alien Chaos 3D €1.99 (£1.59) until 30/01/14, 14:59 CET

L~A

Trine 2 is on sale like every other week, haha. At this point I wonder why they haven't just changed the price. I suppose it's true there are some psychological effects when you see that "SALE" banner.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NoA Give Lost Levels

I need that game with restore points, lol

Isn't it available on 3DS in NA?

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Unepic €9.99/£8.99

Wii U VC

3DS

3DS VC

Welp, nothing really interesting this week for me.

Tenki

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Unepic €9.99/£8.99

Wii U VC

3DS

3DS VC
Unepic :)

tolkir

Wii U VC

Just in time.

smb3miiversejrsrl.jpg

Robin64

Obligatory "Where the hell is Pokémon Bank?" post.

(Seriously, I thought we might have been updated on this at least. Is this another Brain Training/Flipnote 3D situation?)

JoeM86

(Seriously, I thought we might have been updated on this at least. Is this another Brain Training/Flipnote 3D situation?)

They're working on it so that it doesn't destroy their servers anymore.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got Castlevania II: Simon's Quest!

Man this game is hard.

Finally, the long awaited sequel to Bella Sara.

Boulder Dash-XL 3D €2.99 (£2.49) until 30/01/14, 14:59 CET

Awesome. I'm pretty sure this has been on sale before, but I missed it. Glad I've held off region locking my eShop, so I can still switch over to the UK and get it (wasn't released in Australia~)

Robin64

They're working on it so that it doesn't destroy their servers anymore.

With all respect to the teams there, that should have been a concern during the initial development process especially when you consider they're asking money for this thing to cover running costs.

JoeM86

With all respect to the teams there, that should have been a concern during the initial development process especially when you consider they're asking money for this thing to cover running costs.

They just weren't expecting such load, I guess.

Kokonoe

Banned
Lost Levels is pretty awful. I'd rather have Mario Advance 1 since we were suppose to be getting GBA games on the Wii U.

L~A

But the actual problem with the eShop is the high numbers of people creating/merging their eShop account, and since Poké Bank is a free app, you need to have NNID. That lead lots of people who never go on the eShop (or those who do and dont want an ID) to not only access it, and but create their ID, and that + christmas load + eShop sales = servers dead.

My guess if they're waiting for both people creating their ID (they DID ask people to do it before Poké Bank is relaunched) + also improving stuff behind the scenes. I mean, it's not the first time their servers are killed by heavy loads thanks to the NNID :p

Well, I'm sure we'll know more about that during the next Direct. One thing's for sure : releasing it on Christmas day wasn't very clever of them :p

You know what the easiest solution is if NNID is the Pokebank problem. Sell NNID on its own merits. i.e. Don't have it as a requirement for free software. I personally go with the NNID theory as the update that debuted it did similar things.

I've lost hope of those two. The former I guess NOE bailed on translation when they saw the terrible overseas sales and no FIGS means NOE won't publish it. If the 3DS were region free Nintendo Australia may have stuck OFLC stickers onto some US copies (they did this quite a lot in the DS era, isn't Fossil Fighters one note worthy example).

JoeM86

You know what the easiest solution is if NNID is the Pokebank problem. Sell NNID on its own merits. i.e. Don't have it as a requirement for free software. I personally go with the NNID theory as the update that debuted it did similar things.

The NNID wasn't the issue

L~A

I've lost hope of those two. The former I guess NOE bailed on translation when they saw the terrible overseas sales and no FIGS means NOE won't publish it. If the 3DS were region free Nintendo Australia may have stuck OFLC stickers onto some US copies (they did this quite a lot in the DS era, isn't Fossil Fighters one note worthy example).

1) an "easy" way to do that would be a queue system, where you go to create your NNID, but it won't be created immediately. That way, no server overload like the ones we got on Dec. 10 and during the holidays.

2) I seriously doubt it. The game was delayed the same week it was supposed to come out, and besides, the translation was already complete (there's some French screens and all). And the game was already delayed once, as it was supposed to come out in February. No idea what happened to it. Yeah, it bombed pretty much everywhere it was released, but NoE was already done with the localisation by then. It's just like Scribblenauts Unlimited, which got delayed for no reason.

L~A

Still hoping to see a sale on Code of Princess for the EU

I'm afriad you're gonna have to wait a while, I doubt Agatsuma Entertainement is gonna have a sale any time soon... though I'm sure there's already been one. Maybe I'm thinking of NA.

The eShop Chibi Robo hasn't been announced for Europe yet right? Hope we get it soon.
It has an OFLC rating at least. Not being in the most recent direct makes me think it is months off (remember Sakura Hana Samurai and Dillon featured similar long waits for Europe).

Still hoping to see a sale on Code of Princess for the EU
Same here. I really wanted to pick this up at release but the fact that it was released ~6 months after the US retail release and when the US finally got it on eShop (~3 months before us) the official discounts they received made me very hesitant on pulling the trigger for this at full price. Probably gonna feel the same way when SMT4 and Cave Story finally release.
Fuck Nicalis.

Code of Princess was on sale in EU already
You sure? It's always been £25 and there's never been a press release (from Nintendo) about any sale prices.

zroid

Banned

I don't understand how Brain Age still isn't out in europe. what the hell's going on?

I get that it bombed everywhere and they're cautious about releasing it, but at the very least put it on the eShop for god's sake.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's actually quite easy if you know what you're doing. I suggest looking up an online guide somewhere, because there's some stuff you'll NEVER figure out on your own, I guarantee it.

It looks like that way. :/

Oh well, I think I'll finish Castlevania first then move to II.

I hope Castlevania III is on the way to the 3DS eShop.

terrisus

I noticed that the preview video on Nintendo's game page shows a couple of the more obscure solutions.
I'm sure that was intentional.

L~A

Started playing Jett Rocket II after the update, and I have to admit it's much better now. It was such a shame to have smooth 60FPS game with a character slower than an old lady in an armchair. The levels are pretty cool, and challenging enough (though I hate the enemies :p). Then again, I don't think it's worth the current pricetag (10€ I believe?).

Top Bottom