• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

maxcriden

I think it's only partly up at this point. It pulls from our current balance on our NNID on Wii U!/3DS! That's new. Yay. I say only partly up b/c when I try to search for games a lot of them don't show up w/ the option to buy....

ETA: yeah, only partly up from what I can tell. When I try to check out with OOT3D for example, it doesn't draw from my balance.

Ok, it's coming along. I successfully purchased OOT3D at the new price using my NNID balance, and got my 20 gold coins (after refreshing MyN 1-2x).

Zeeman

Oh wow, now you can buy everything from the web shop and use your balance. That's awesome!

edit: I mean hypothetically, once everything is rolled out.

maxcriden

Oh wow, now you can buy everything from the web shop and use your balance. That's awesome!

edit: I mean hypothetically, once everything is rolled out.

You can on a bunch of games now. If it's not working for you, hit "sign out" and it should take you directly to the new game page for the game, then you can log in and be all set. :)

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

iOS (7.0 or superior), Android (4.1 or superior) | Nintendo Mobile Software

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Pokkén Tournament (Nintendo | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Canvaleon is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.95 to $4.95) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
  • 99Moves and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21.
  • Baila Latino, Luv Me Buddies Wonderland and more games from Oxygene are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 15.
  • Stone Shire is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.

Nintendo 3DS | My Nintendo Exclusive Software to Date

• My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 10/01)
  • WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo | NDS | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 07/01)
    picrosszeldazrpm0.png
    wario7eps1.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Vanguard Dawn Map ($1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• The Legend of Dark Witch 2, Glory of Generals and more games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 14.
  • Soccer Up 3D and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21.
  • Luv Me Buddies Wonderland and more games from Oxygene are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 15.

vYU92.png

iOS (7.0 or superior), Android (4.1 or superior) | Nintendo Mobile Software

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• LEGO Marvel Avengers (WB Games)
    The Masters of Evil Pack (€2.99 | £2.50)
    Classic Captain America Pack (€2.99 | £2.50)

Wii U | Sales

• Canvaleon (OXIAB Game Studio) - €4.95 (Ends April 7, normally €9.95)
  • Fire Emblem (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €3.49 (Ends April 14, normally €6.99)
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €3.49 (Ends April 14, normally €6.99)
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo, DS VC) - €4.99 (Ends April 14, normally €9.99)
  • Life of Pixel (Super Icon) - €4.99 (Ends April 18, normally €9.99)
  • Chasing Dead (2020 Venture) - €9.99 (Ends April 30, normally €29.99)

Nintendo 3DS | My Nintendo Exclusive Software to Date

• My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 10/01)
  • WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo | NDS | 1,000 Platinum Points) (Until 07/01)
    picrosszeldazrpm0.png
    wario7eps1.png

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Heart Beaten (Springloaded) - €2.33 (Ends April 7, normally €3.49. €1.09 if you downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic previously)
  • Space Lift Danger Panic (Springloaded) - €1.65 (Ends April 7, normally €2.49. €0.80 if you downloaded Heart Beaten previously)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo) - €29.99 (Ends April 14, normally €44.99)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening DLC (Nintendo) - 50% Off (Ends April 14, More Info)
  • European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends April 14, normally €3.99)
  • GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99 (Ends April 14, normally €9.99)
  • Quell Momento (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends April 14, normally €3.99)

uxwGK.png

maxcriden

Cross-posting from the MyN thread for those interested:

Man, DKCR is a pricy reward. As are all the Gold Point ones. The cheapest you can get GPs for is $5 (game) for $10, at a rate of 10 points for $5 spent, or 2 points/$1. Otherwise the most expensive way to get them is to spend increasingly more points. $9.99 games get you 10 points. That's 1 point/$1 essentially. If you spend $70 on a game you get 80 points, which is only $1.14 points/dollar; $79.99 also gets you about 1 point/1$.

That is to say, as soon as you're looking at a game more than $5, you're already losing out on the best possible value proposition for GPs. If you spend $12 on a game you get 20 points. That's 1.7 points/dollar.

The best bet is to find all the $5 games you want. But, are there *any* games that cost over $5 but less than, say, 7? Will games that cost $4.99 really net no points?

Even if you get a game for $6 and get 10 points, that's as good of a deal as $12 for 20 points. Everything after that is worse, unless you can find a game for $11.

If I'm messing up the math here, please do correct me.

The cheapest price for DKCR, at 230 points, is (at $5 for 10 points) $115. The most expensive price is $230.

Hmm.

--

FWIW, as pointed out elsewhere on here, people have reported sub-$5 games giving 10 coins also. So perhaps that's a glitch or will change.

Richie

FWIW, as pointed out elsewhere on here, people have reported sub-$5 games giving 10 coins also. So perhaps that's a glitch or will change.

I got 10 Gold Points for upgrading my Wii version of Yoshi's Story to the Wii U one (2 bucks). Really hope it's not a glitch, because that'd make upgrades and discounts doubly enticing.

I did everything I could find to get some Platinum points. How can I get more? Can you convert gold coins to platinum? I really want Twilight Princess picross!

Pokemaniac

So it looks like blocking purchases in parental controls on the 3DS (which I had done as more of a security measure than anything else) blocks the ability to buy games on the web eShop completely.

maxcriden

I got 10 Gold Points for upgrading my Wii version of Yoshi's Story to the Wii U one (2 bucks). Really hope it's not a glitch, because that'd make upgrades and discounts doubly enticing.

Exactly. In that capacity you're getting an even cheaper Gold point. If you bought 23 $1 games and got 10 points each you'd get the game for $23 spent and not $230 spent at $1 per point! :O

I did everything I could find to get some Platinum points. How can I get more? Can you convert gold coins to platinum? I really want Twilight Princess picross!

You cannot convert, sorry. But you can get Platinum points for Miitomo/MyN every week. Check out the missions. Did you do the secret block mission? And did you get the initial points for pre-registering?

You cannot convert, sorry. But you can get Platinum points for Miitomo/MyN every week. Check out the missions. Did you do the secret block mission? And did you get the initial points for pre-registering?

I believe I got the pre-registering points, don't think I saw the secret block mission, what's that about?

Guess I'll have to chip away every week till I can afford Twilight PrinCross

Richie

Exactly. In that capacity you're getting an even cheaper Gold point. If you bought 23 $1 games and got 10 points each you'd get the game for $23 spent and not $230 spent at $1 per point! :O

Yeah, it's crazy! Looking at all the games I upgraded and have yet to actually play, man do I wish I'd have held on those hahah...Oh well, still several NES/SNES/64 titles not yet uploaded I could benefit from.

I still wonder if buying Conquest within Birthright would count as DLC or not.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Reposting since it was at the end of last page, so people could've lost it

Ladies and gentlemen from Europe...do you want the chance to get The Beggar's Ride for Wii U for free? Well, I've just set up the thread about it. Check it out if you desire.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202894

maxcriden

Yeah, it's crazy! Looking at all the games I upgraded and have yet to actually play, man do I wish I'd have held on those hahah...Oh well, still several NES/SNES/64 titles not yet uploaded I could benefit from.

I still wonder if buying Conquest within Birthright would count as DLC or not.

You could, but OTOH it's only $20 to get DKCR for example once it gets on the eShop. So if you're cool with having the games not upgraded, you may not want to bother. Essentially the loyalty reward for DKCR at least for example is not necessarily worth the $$ vs. buying things you don't care that much about spending the money on normally. You know?

I imagine Conquest within Birthright might give you no points. But I really don't know. :)

I believe I got the pre-registering points, don't think I saw the secret block mission, what's that about?

Guess I'll have to chip away every week till I can afford Twilight PrinCross

Bottom of the page, click the block. Your Mii will have a gift in their hands, click it 10x.

maxcriden

I got 20 golden coins spending €9.99. I think ranges are wrong

Huh. Maybe it's 9.98. You know, what with so many things costing $9.99.

~Q for my ND thread homies~

Incidentally, and of course apropos of nothing, what are the best Wii U/3DS VC and eShop games $5 or less?

Bonus points if it's a game that rarely goes on sale.

Richie

You could, but OTOH it's only $20 to get DKCR for example once it gets on the eShop. So if you're cool with having the games not upgraded, you may not want to bother. Essentially the loyalty reward for DKCR at least for example is not necessarily worth the $$ vs. buying things you don't care that much about spending the money on normally. You know?

I imagine Conquest within Birthright might give you no points. But I really don't know. :)

Ah, absolutely, wouldn't buy games solely to build up to DKCR; but since I trust (perhaps naively? hah) that the NX will do what the Wii U did and recognize my past VC games, I like to upgrade my old titles regardless, to be prepared for the future. Just never thought I'd get a bonus like this, had I know, I'd have saved them all up.

I'm gonna get Conquest at any rate so I'll be informing ye guys if it gives points or not. If it doesn't, well, can't complain after getting it for half the price!

Incidentally, and of course apropos of nothing, what are the best Wii U/3DS VC and eShop games $5 or less?[/B]

Prompted by this whole may-be-a-glitch-may-be-not business, I looked for games that were $5 or higher officially, but that happened to be on discount today. I noticed the 3D Sega Classics qualified, so, having never played any, opted for 3D Gunstar Heroes, which has amazing reviews over the web (89 in Metacritic), and is up for $4 on the 3DS. At the office, can't wait to try it out at home.

TheMoon

~Q for my ND thread homies~[/U]

Incidentally, and of course apropos of nothing, what are the best Wii U/3DS VC and eShop games $5 or less?

Bonus points if it's a game that rarely goes on sale.

VC games hardly ever go on sale at all so that's not hard :p

3DS VC:
Mole Mania
Trip World
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Mega Man 5 (GB)
Donkey Kong 94

Wii U VC:
none unless you prefer to play NES games on Wii U over 3DS

--oh wait, are you including proper eShop games too?

Zeeman

Nintendo's sending out emails about Miitomo if you were a former Club Nintendo member (at least in NA). Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the email, it has a code for 200 Platinum points in it.

TheMoon

Clearly MyNintendo is currently ignoring sale prices, despite saying otherwise in the description.

The amount of points will be determined based on the price of the respective software in Nintendo eShop at the time of purchase or redemption. Download codes distributed for free by Nintendo are exempt.

It clearly doesn't do the bolded and instead goes to the regular price. Which is great for us. :)

Nintendo's sending out emails about Miitomo if you were a former Club Nintendo member (at least in NA). Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the email, it has a code for 200 Platinum points in it.

That's what I heard. I was a Club Nintendo member, but I haven't received an email yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, noticed I got the email not too long ago. Now at 710 points, if Miitomo could hurry up & finish down/loading, then I can link my accounts & get enough for either TPicross or WarioWare Touched (probably the one that'll be expiring first). Considering how many puzzles are in TPicross & I'll probably blast through them, plus I've got until the end of Sept. to get it, might aim for WW Touched.

rjc571

Banned
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/lovely-planet-wii-u

The site lists ALL controllers as supported. I don't believe that for a second. Bet it's a relaunch bug. Would be way too good if they actually supported Wiimote aiming.

I wonder how a Wiimote only control scheme would even work for Lovely Planet since you couldn't use the A button for anything important if you have to move with the D-pad. Maybe D-pad to move, IR to aim, B to shoot, waggle to jump? Actually that doesn't sound too bad. (Better than dual analog, certainly!)

Still, I'm guessing it's probably a glitch. Did anybody buy it? If so, please tell us if Wiimotes are supported!

TheMoon

I wonder how a Wiimote only control scheme would even work for Lovely Planet since you couldn't use the A button for anything important if you have to move with the D-pad. Maybe D-pad to move, IR to aim, B to shoot, waggle to jump? Actually that doesn't sound too bad. (Better than dual analog, certainly!)

Still, I'm guessing it's probably a glitch. Did anybody buy it? If so, please tell us if Wiimotes are supported!

Comes out next week.

steveovig

Apparently, PixlCross only has touch screen controls, and no option for button controls, and they're janky, to boot. Big deal breaker for me, and I won't buy until a possible update.

maxcriden

VC games hardly ever go on sale at all so that's not hard :p

3DS VC:
Mole Mania
Trip World
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Mega Man 5 (GB)
Donkey Kong 94

Wii U VC:
none unless you prefer to play NES games on Wii U over 3DS

--oh wait, are you including proper eShop games too?

Thanks, yeah, I did mean proper eShop games that don't normally go on sale, as well. 😊

There's no Wii U only VC games?

foltzie1

Is there an OT for Twilight Princess Picross?

The controls have taken a turn for the worst. When you select X or block, it stays selected and you have to push the d-pad a second time to unselect. It makes doing a row or counting rough.

Top Bottom