• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

@MUWANdo

Banned
Thanks, son.

6-7 hours to 100% for me. Could vary a lot depending on skill. I thought it was good but overpriced by a couple bucks.

---

Anyway, does someone know of any good JP only DSiWare/e-Shop games? I just got Rabi Laby on the XL and I remembered there were a bunch of others in Japan.

Rabi x Laby 2
Rabi x Laby 3
Rabi Laby Gaiden: Witch's Cat
Bloody Vampire
Picross e
Picross e 2

There was that Tingle DSiWare game, but it just seemed like a novelty.

I think there's an eShop sequel to the DSiWare game Picdun?

beje

Banned
£7.20 / €8.00.

Ql0Q6.jpg

They can keep it

Seriously, I'm not paying that much for a game I can get for 5€ at Steam, especially for a game with Spectrum assets that was originally made in Flash and that is just a straight dump

StayDead

So I got Wario Land 3 yesterday. It's so surreal going from Wario Land 1 - 2 - 3 so quickly, they're all so good but play completely differently. Kind of nice though.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Cave story + 3D depth

So the DSi release with the addition of 3D. Not to be confused with the Steam version that had upgraded visuals and music, or the 3DS boxed release that was polygonal and 3D.
It's also fullscreen and undoubtedly runs better than the DSiWare version. Basically it's a (barebones) native port.

zigg

Cave story + 3D depth

So the DSi release with the addition of 3D. Not to be confused with the Steam version that had upgraded visuals and music, or the 3DS boxed release that was polygonal and 3D.
I understood it to have a few more features than the DSiWare version.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29959
http://www.destructoid.com/nicalis-comments-on-wii-u-cave-story-on-the-eshop-226677.phtml

I've been hearing good things about the picdun sequel on the eShop but I've never been able to try it myself for apparent reasons.
You know, I never finished Picdun. It was great fun for awhile, though.

NeoRausch

Oh boy! VVVVVV! Finally! That was close to blue gaming balls. I don't care about the price. Still have 40 bucks sitting on the system.

Nicalis = blue ball gaming. They should change their name to it.

Is anyone's 3DS not connecting to wifi right now? I was yesterday, but now it won't connect even if I reboot it. Street Pass is still active though. Any suggestions? It's finding my access point when I do a fresh set up, but never actually shows a signal or connects to it :^/

Edit: Nevermind. Got it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This week's full EU update, complete with pricing info:

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• VVVVVV (Nicalis | €8.00 | £7.20) Upcoming (05/10)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Sonic Labyrinth (SEGA | Game Gear | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (05/10)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Monster World IV (SEGA | Mega Drive | 900 Points) Upcoming (05/10)
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land (SEGA | Arcade | 900 Points) Upcoming (05/10)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Curling Super Championship (Cypronia | 500 Points | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (05/10)

Great week.

Is anyone's 3DS not connecting to wifi right now? I was yesterday, but now it won't connect even if I reboot it. Street Pass is still active though. Any suggestions? It's finding my access point when I do a fresh set up, but never actually shows a signal or connects to it :^/

Edit: Nevermind. Got it.

My one friend is having this exact problem right now. How did you fix it so I can tell her?

Only if you really need to have it on a portable. The 3DS version is way overpriced and lacking in features compared to the PC version.

Brazil

Hey, guys, Monster World IV and Monster Land. Let's talk about the good stuff. Come on.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Will the MW games be crapped on by awful 50hz+borders like it usually happen even for Megadrive imports for
EU VC? What was the deal with SF2 "online" Edition?

Will the MW games be crapped on by awful 50hz+borders like it usually happen even for Megadrive imports for
EU VC? What was the deal with SF2 "online" Edition?

The Megadrive version of SSF2, like all MD games on VC, has the same crappy PAL "conversion" as the rest. Because of that, you can't even use the online mode to play with American or Japanese players.

Yeeeaaah, as much as I'd love to grab Monster World IV from VC tomorrow, it's probably going to suffer from the same forced 50Hz shit that ruined Pulseman.

I'll just wait for it to hit PSN.

Ql0Q6.jpg

They can keep it

Seriously, I'm not paying that much for a game I can get for 5€ at Steam, especially for a game with Spectrum assets that was originally made in Flash and that is just a straight dump

Don't you mean Commodore 64 assets?

beje

Banned
Don't you mean Commodore 64 assets?

Whatever, it's not like they can justify a 60% premium above the PC price because there's not work in redoing assets at all (like it could have happened with DSiWare, where the resolution is too low) because for starters, the game works in the very same resolution and they just added side black bars. Taking into account that Nintendo no longer controls the prices in the eShop (aside for setting the 2 bucks minimum) this is just a case of devs/publisher being greedy just because, and it instantly reeks when you have other games there that bear a lot more work at 5 to 7 bucks.

Robin64

*shrug*

I'll personally be quite happy to drop £7.20 on VVVVVV later today. It's an amazing game and it's now portable, along with a map constantly on display. Yum.

And frankly.. that's not a lot of money for a game, let alone one of this quality.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Full NA list is out - the two Wonder Boy games on Wii VC (900 Points each), a $5 sudoku game on eShop and Paul's Shooting Adventure 2 for DSiWare (200 Points).

3D Sudoku. Temping, but I'll pass. Hopefully Nintendo springs some surprises for us in a few weeks at e3. eShop was on a great roll, but that shit has come and gone.

£4.50 is a fricking joke, especially for a terrible GG game.

What's annoying is that games like this would be £1.99 or less on Steam. I can see no reason for such a huge price difference.

JordanKZ

What's annoying is that games like this would be £1.99 or less on Steam. I can see no reason for such a huge price difference.

What's more insane is that it's 300 Yen in Japan, which is around £2.30. FAR more responsible prices for the Japanese market.

Henke

I was tempted to download VVVVV today after having enjoyed the Flash demo, but £7.20 can fuck right off. Two quid more than Pullblox? Come on...

beje

Banned

Especially when Nintendo is no longer responsible for pricing. As I said, publishers being greedy.

Brazil

7f5TM.png

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

• VVVVVV (Nicalis | €8.00 | £7.20) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Sonic Labyrinth (SEGA | Game Gear | €5.00 | £4.50) Latest release!

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
YES PAUL'S SHOOTING ADVENTURE 2!!!!! I'm so fed up of them releasing garbage like Wario Land instead of AAA hits like PSA2

This implies there was a Paul's shooting adventure 1? how on earth did such a blockbuster slip under my radar? *takes a look*
Well that was not what I was expecting at all...

I feel bad now since i've had Wario Land for months but don't much care for it.

Big thanks to Sega for giving us one of the greatest VC days in years. Will definitely be getting both WB ML Arcade and MW IV after I get home. Is the Monster World Sega Ages collection still worth importing?

Kerub

Banned
Why would they release Wario Land? It would be competing with curling championship and bring the sales down.

Top Bottom