• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

Heropon

I'm still waiting for Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Wario Land 2 (and Wario Land 3, but first things first), I hope Nintendo releases them soon. Localization must be very difficult in these games...

vid

Alright, obviously the 3DS Virtual Console has been thrown under the bus for the time being. Guess I'll just buy Pictobits.

Huh, Nintendo finally did it, they've finally had a week where I have nothing at all to buy form the eShop. Oh well at least the Wii VC will be epic this week.

bryehn

Is the arcade version of Monster Land much different than the MS version?

Looks like I'll grab Monster World IV for sure and maybe Sudoku for the wife.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is the arcade version of Monster Land much different than the MS version?

Looks like I'll grab Monster World IV for sure and maybe Sudoku for the wife.

Prettier, more/better-sounding tunes, more enemies/bosses, harder. SMS version has an extra stage and a much less obtrusive HUD.

This new sudoku game only has 50 puzzles, there are a bunch of better ones on DSiWare for less. The EA one that's just called SUDOKU is probably the best of the lot, as it uses procedurally generated puzzles, so you'll never run out.

HEbBM.jpg

m-bison-yes-o.gif

Roto13

Prettier, more/better-sounding tunes, more enemies/bosses, harder. SMS version has an extra stage and a much less obtrusive HUD.

This new sudoku game only has 50 puzzles, there are a bunch of better ones on DSiWare for less. The EA one that's just called SUDOKU is probably the best of the lot, as it uses procedurally generated puzzles, so you'll never run out.

50 puzzles? That kind of shit doesn't deserve to have the week to itself.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not like it's unexpected at this point, but it still feels bad man. And when we do finally get a Game Boy again, it's going to be something like Chase HQ (or Kirby's Block Ball) instead of Wario Land.

i6k1D8D2puiRL.gif

I guess it takes all of the available Nintendo Internet Power to patch Mario Kart 7, so we're not going to see anything, are we?

I wonder what would happen if they increased the amount of Nintendo Internet Power to the - no, that's a very silly idea, who could ever think that would ever work.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess it takes all of the available Nintendo Internet Power to patch Mario Kart 7, so we're not going to see anything, are we?

I wonder what would happen if they increased the amount of Nintendo Internet Power to the - no, that's a very silly idea, who could ever think that would ever work.

I thought they said to expect that in mid-May.

Morts

What are the chances that sales on the eShop VC are so abysmal that there's no incentive for NOA to keep a regular release schedule?

What are the chances that sales on the eShop VC are so abysmal that there's no incentive for NOA to keep a regular release schedule?
Nil.

The only real cost would be in development of the emulator itself, which isn't a factor anymore. Regardless of sales, VC is near pure-profit.

Regardless of how low the sales are, it costs them nothing to put the games on the store. NOA is missing out on free money.

So did anyone download Monster World IV yet to confirm that it's actually in English? I'm still feeling paranoid over the fact that none of the recent press material mentions the English translation. The shop channel page still has the same "there may be non-essential foreign language audio and text" warning that every import VC game has.

Eusis

So did anyone download Monster World IV yet to confirm that it's actually in English? I'm still feeling paranoid over the fact that none of the recent press material mentions the English translation. The shop channel page still has the same "there may be non-essential foreign language audio and text" warning that every import VC game has.
It's in English. Pain in the ass slow text crawl, but that's half expected from games that old (or especially condescending like Zelda Skyward Sword.)

And no, no borders, those were clearly shots from the PSN/XBLA version. Which I might get later on actually if the Arcade version can be played with unlimited credits.

Another week with no 3DS VC games...

But fear not! Kirby's Block Ball is coming next week to NA! ITS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!
Even if I don't want another arkanoid type game now and won't get it. Alleyway is enough...but I hope more VC games that I do want come every week! Or something...

Source: NA eShop "Next week on Nintendo eShop" page.

Its sad that the Wii VC is more alive by 7x than the 3DS VC. I don't even know how such a thing is possible...

What the hell are the Monster World games then?

... Though it is pretty sad the 3DS STILL doesn't get new VC games. Guess only one console could get them this week! Even though the 3DS was neglected for at least a month.
Wii VC games don't count since they are not portable and they don't have save states.
I'm joking.

I do wanna get into the Monster World series sooner or later. But I'm not buying anything on the Wii Shop until Wii U comes out.

zigg

The only real cost would be in development of the emulator itself, which isn't a factor anymore. Regardless of sales, VC is near pure-profit.
Don't they also lotcheck the games? There are manuals to be produced, too.

Obviously, actual development costs are spread out over all the VC releases that use the same emulator, but to say they're "free money" is a little off. They still take resources to produce.

Eusis

Wii VC games don't count since they are not portable and they don't have save states.
I'm joking.

I do wanna get into the Monster World series sooner or later. But I'm not buying anything on the Wii Shop until Wii U comes out.
I decided to make an exception here, but yeah, I'm SERIOUSLY limiting my purchases until I know what's up with transferring. If stuff can be transferred then then I'll probably be getting missing Squaresoft games and more.

It's in English. Pain in the ass slow text crawl, but that's half expected from games that old (or especially condescending like Zelda Skyward Sword.)

And no, no borders, those were clearly shots from the PSN/XBLA version. Which I might get later on actually if the Arcade version can be played with unlimited credits.

Thanks! You'd think they would want to mention that it's in English somewhere in the press release or on the game's Virtual Console page or something, so as to not scare off 99% of the game's potential customers. PS it seems holding B speeds up the text scrolling.

Such an awesome week, I'm actually really excited! :D

Vs and WONDERBOY/GIRL!!!!!!!!! :D One game (Vs) I haven't played more than 5min off on PC but want too and two others I've played the shit out of back in the days but love so much and want to play some more!

Syril

Monster World IV keeps your place if you quit to the Wii menu right? I was always confused which VC games had that feature.

Linkhero1

Nintendo should do something along the lines of allowing Club Nintendo members to vote on what they want them to release for the upcoming months. I'm sick of seeing games I would never play, though, I'm interested to some extent in those Wii VC titles. Their 3DS eShop games have not been what I want. >_<

Top Bottom