• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2016

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (3DS)

7th Dragon III Code: VFD Demo (Deep Silver) - Free

The apocalypse is heralded by the appearance of seven dragons. One after another, they have invaded earth and are beginning to ravage the human race. Once the seventh appears, there’s no hope for mankind... unless you turn back time in 7th Dragon Code: VFD.

Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails (Big John Games) - €4.99/£4.49
Create your own world and drive your custom-built train right through it in Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails. Choose from Creative Mode, where you’ll create your own cities to drive your custom trains through, or from Story Mode, where you’ll learn to drive trains, repair tracks, and help keep the rail system alive. The game’s innovative design and Stereoscopic 3D gameplay graphics are perfect for train-lovers and gamers alike, providing a creative and strategic game play experience with a dose of Lionel fun that’s guaranteed to be off the tracks.

Special offers
My Zoo Vet Practice 3D (Treva Entertainment) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends December 1, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends November 24, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Alien on the run (Joindots) - €3.74/£3.14 (Ends December 1, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.24/£3.74 (Ends December 1, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends December 1, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Safari Quest (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends December 1, normally €6.99/£4.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Aqua TV (Extra Miles Studio) - €4.70/£3.99
Aqua TV - Oceanus (Extra Miles Studio, Add-on Content) - €2.35/£1.99
Aqua TV - Thetis (Extra Miles Studio, Add-on Content) - €2.35/£1.99
Aqua TV - Poseidon (Extra Miles Studio, Add-on Content) - €2.35/£1.99

Aqua TV is a stunning, fully customisable, virtual aquarium. Choose a tank then change the floor, walls, decoration - and of course fish - to make the aquarium YOU want!

Special offers
Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software) - €1.49/£1.10 (Ends November 24, normally €1.99/£1.49)
Jones on Fire (Joindots) - €1.14/£0.87 (Ends December 1, normally €5.99/£4.59)
Queen's Garden (Joindots) - €5.24/£4.12 (Ends December 1, normally €6.99/£5.49)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends December 8, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Totem Topple (Crystalline Green) - €2.50/£2.25 (Ends November 24, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Defense Dome (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.29)

TheMoon

Put up or shut up. Buy all the quality indies you haven't bought that already came out. :)

I really have no problems with these empty weeks, there's so much stuff I still haven't bought and I already bought a lot of eShop stuff without even moving into Skunk territory..

Pokemaniac

At least NoA's weird VC scheduling means that we're still getting those at this point. Europe looks pretty dire at this point, though.

YBdisk

I don't. And it's not about having something to play (I still have a couple retail games to buy/play as well as indie and VC titles in my backlog). I'm worried Nintendo is going to stop VC on Wii U soon without releasing The Last Story and other titles. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind having Radiant Dawn on there. Maybe AW Dark Conflict, Browsers Inside Story, you know? Instead it's several weeks of nothing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Animal Crossing: Wild World got rated by the ESRB for Wii U, guessing that'll be the VC title for US this week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Whoops, my bad. For some reason, I was thinking it was one of those "already in EU, but not US" games.

Not sure why the ESRB had it listed under the "last 2 weeks" category when it was about a month ago that it came out.

No. But what do you mean "still?" It only just came out in PAL/JP.

I thought it was out in Japan for years. Guess not.

Given the choice between Smash 64 and F-Zero X, I'd take Smash. But there hasn't even been any hints or anything that might point to Smash 64 ever being re-released. I have the Wii VC release, but I'd rather play the game using the Wii U gamepad and not the Wii Classic Controller.

...or maybe they rig up a way for the VC release of Smash 64 to use the GCN adapter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, Excitebike 64 is new, wonder if it keeps the NES version as an unlockable.

Might get Wario Land: Shake It again if it goes on sale since I've beaten all the stages, but not 100%'d it.

BooJoh

Never got around to buying Wario Land Shake It, good to see it on VC.

As Wii U winds down I'm hoping they'll get more DS VC releases out since Switch may not support DS VC. Still hoping for some rarer games I missed like Super Princess Peach and, if the pieces somehow fell into place (no pun intended,) Tetris DS.

Robin64

When suddenly!

utiHQms.png

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – Embark on a new adventure and catch, battle and trade new Pokémon on the tropical islands of the Alola Region. Discover Z-Moves and unleash these intense attacks in battle. Call upon Pokémon with Poké Ride to discover new areas across the region and take on the Island Challenge Trials to become the Pokémon Champion! Who are you going to choose as your partner Pokémon: Rowlet, Litten or Popplio? The Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games will be available on Nov. 18. Until then, don’t forget you can download the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version and meet the Pokémon that can be found in the full versions of the games. Ash-Greninja, the Pokémon that appears alongside Ash in the animated TV series Pokémon the Series: XYZ, will also appear as a member of your team and can be transferred to the full version of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon once purchased when the games launch Nov. 18.
- Swapdoodle – The Swapdoodle game is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

Wii Retail on Wii U

- Wario Land: Shake It – Wario returns to form, with all the jumping, power-dashing and butt-stomping we’ve come to expect. With the Wii Remote controller turned sideways, veterans and newcomers alike can run, jump and smash their way through hectic side-scrolling stages. By shaking the Wii Remote, you can shake down your enemies, free coins from treasure bags and even cause in-game earthquakes. Purchase and download this vibrant Wii console platformer on the Wii U console today!

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Excitebike 64 – Grind your way through the extreme sport of motocross and attempt more than a dozen outrageous tricks, such as heel clickers, cliffhangers and bar hops. Select from six different riders – each with her or his own unique style – and race across 20 stadium tracks and outdoor courses. You can also create your very own courses or race against up to four friends (additional controllers required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week include Totem Topple (Wii U), Goosebumps: The Game (Nintendo 3DS) and Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest (Nintendo 3DS), plus several more. Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes – This holiday season, My Nintendo members have a chance to win big! Members can enter the My Nintendo Holiday Sweepstakes now through 2 p.m. PT on Nov. 21 simply by choosing the five gifts that top their wish lists this year. Not a member yet? Sign up for free and then enter the sweepstakes. Head to http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/ to learn more and enter.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 2:00 PM PT on 11/14/16 and ends 2:00 PM PT on 11/21/16. To enter, vote for your top 5 Nintendo products as stated in Official Rules. Eight winners will each receive one prize package (ARV US $242.96–292.96). For Official Rules, visit www.nintendo.com/corp/My-Nintendo-Holiday-Sweepstakes-2016/. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon – Tropical – Available Nov. 18
Pokémon Solgaleo/Lunala – Available Nov. 18

Also new this week:

- Touch Battle Tank – Tag Combat (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Exile’s End (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available Nov. 22
- Ohayou! Beginner’s Japanese (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Swap Fire (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Ondore

Swapdoodle – The Swapdoodle game is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Edit: SWAPNOTE'S BACK! NIKKI LIVES!

zroid

Banned
- Swapdoodle – The Swapdoodle game is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

IT'S LIT

Fewr

Oh yes, Nikki!!

This is worth celebrating. Is there a Nikki/Swapnote theme on 3DS I could get (NA)? I want to show my apprecciation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, a spiritual successor to Swapnote? Sure, why not. It was fun seeing all the different stationary you could get.

Edit: Seems it's also trying to hide some Art Academy stuff as DLC. There's a free starter pack & "silver glitter & Stationery Set", then a bunch of "lessons" for $2.99 which gives you more colored pens, stationery, lessons on how to draw different things, & the thick pen.

jholmes

It's been something like 15 years since I last played it and I'm surprised how demanding Excitebike 64 is. Good, but really asks a lot of you.

Oh wow, Excitebike 64 is new, wonder if it keeps the NES version as an unlockable.

Yep.

WVW69jzzy8Y5AGioLe

LayLa

Quietly impressed by the 7th Dragon demo. It's a bit ugly and story seems dumb but the gameplay/UI is snappy and the battle system seems simple but well designed (especially the girl with the cards, reminds me of the gems in Trails). Definitely on my radar now, the kind of b-tier jrpg you tuck away for a rainy day or software drought.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Quietly impressed by the 7th Dragon demo. It's a bit ugly and story seems dumb but the gameplay/UI is snappy and the battle system seems simple but well designed (especially the girl with the cards, reminds me of the gems in Trails). Definitely on my radar now, the kind of b-tier jrpg you tuck away for a rainy day or software drought.

Soundtrack is really solid too overall.

Glass Joe

sorry Nintendo, no digital downloads from me until you talk about switch compatibility or lack there of.

on second thought, I might be able to grab excitebike for a buck? so maybe.

Top Bottom