• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2014

SerTapTap

Don't worry about any of that. There's no set bos order like in Mega Man, you can beat stages in any order you want (except when the game doesn't let you choose) and you have to select a Challenge before you try to complete it so you can give those a try as you unlock them and attempt to improve your scores in a stage. So there's no need to have any anxiety over any of this. Just play and enjoy, it's a great game and a lot of fun.

Mighty Gunvolt was a really good bonus, yeah. I had a great time with it.

I assume there's no NG+ where I keep all my stuff though? It just gives me memories of Mega Man Zero and there's some fairly minor order stuff you should to do to get all perfect scores in those. Gunvolt's scoring system is very different though, more traditional whereas MM Zero's is more like "didn't fuck up" so there's a (feasible) max score.

Hearing rumours of a Theme Store coming to the JP eShop at some point to buy the various themes for the New 3DS - any truth to this?
It's not a rumor, it's official and has already been seen. It's not on the eShop though, it's on a new icon on the top left of the 3DS home menu, the same place where you change the themes you already have. I guess maybe it will accessible form the eShop as well if you're already there but that's not really necessary.

Nice, I thought they'd be tied to the faceplates for the New 3DS. Now I need to find a list of the themes so I know which one to get when it comes out in EU.
Why would they be tied to the plates if that would mean you couldn't mix and match or use themes on a non New 3DS?
Here's a list. Check the official site if you wanna see what they look like.

I assume there's no NG+ where I keep all my stuff though? It just gives me memories of Mega Man Zero and there's some fairly minor order stuff you should to do to get all perfect scores in those. Gunvolt's scoring system is very different though, more traditional whereas MM Zero's is more like "didn't fuck up" so there's a (feasible) max score.
Don't worry, there's no need for a New Game + since you can replay every stage any time you want. You can even get the normal ending again after you get the secret ending (and keep getting whichever one you want as many times as you want. There are no missables either. The game encourages you to replay every stage a lot of times to perfect your score, complete challenges, find secrets and collect loot.

SerTapTap

Don't worry, there's no need for a New Game + since you can replay every stage any time you want. You can even get the normal ending again after you get the secret ending (and keep getting whichever one you want as many times as you want. There are no missables either. The game encourages you to replay every stage a lot of times to perfect your score, complete challenges, find secrets and collect loot.

Ohhhh, okay, that's great to know! Much as I like Mega Man games the lack of/limited ability to replay bosses stresses me out a bit

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, THEMES? For the 3DS and New 3DS?

Had no clue about that, I thought we were just getting faceplates I'd never bother with.

Top Bottom