• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

tolkir

This is weird. The newest Nintendo (EU) Newsletter says that the Project Zero Trial Version should be on the eShop but I can't find it. I'm on the Swiss store.

Here doesn't say that.

With Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version, available from Nintendo eShop from October 30th, you can sample the action from the game's prologue and first two chapters at no cost, before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters.

Have you downloaded the demo? I myself bought Kyoto and it's pretty nice. Don't know about the others though.

The Kyoto one is good but the one where you fly with geese is better. Maybe try the demo first and decide.

I tried the demo once as I liked the concept, but wasn't too impressed by the image quality and decided not to buy any. But since I need to use these stars, I'm going with the Kyoto one first and if it's enjoyable I might buy the flying one.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

jholmes

You guys might not believe this but the Kickstarter codes for Starwhal still haven't been sent out yet. Breakfall says they're still waiting on Nintendo.

UPDATE: Just got it! Now to get home and use it...

69wpm

I tried the demo once as I liked the concept, but wasn't too impressed by the image quality and decided not to buy any. But since I need to use these stars, I'm going with the Kyoto one first and if it's enjoyable I might buy the flying one.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, the quality isn't great. It looks good on the GamePad, but not on the tv.

Has anyone played The Rivers of Alice? I'm a sucker for adventure games and would like to try this one out. I might also pick up Stealth Inc 2.

Well it took a while but the redesign has finally drawn me into Miiverse, I'm having a lot of fun with it now.
Do we have a Miiverse community thread (that I seemingly can't find..?)
It would be cool to spy on see what you guys are upto :)

My NNID is antonywilliams btw

TheMoon

Well it took a while but the redesign has finally drawn me into Miiverse, I'm having a lot of fun with it now.
Do we have a Miiverse community thread (that I seemingly can't find..?)
It would be cool to spy on see what you guys are upto :)

My NNID is antonywilliams btw

I don't see how a Miiverse community thread would be different from this one :)

jholmes

Starwhal's got a lot more content for single player than I was expecting, and the AI is quite good if you want to play some multiplayer with no one else around. Really cool!

Has the default boot-up music though. Blah.

GulAtiCa

Oh, that's good news. I was unsure of it since the trailer made it seem like a multiplayer game like Runbow & Chasing Aurora. So I decided to wait for more info/sale.

zroid

Banned
I was just thinking, with Nintendo TVii shutting down, what I wish it had been was an AV input on the Wii U that streamed it to the GamePad. That would've been so good.

steveovig

With TVii shutting down, I think they should make the TV button into a screenshot button. Throw them into a clipboard so they can be dealt with later, just like on Steam.

Pokemaniac

With TVii shutting down, I think they should make the TV button into a screenshot button. Throw them into a clipboard so they can be dealt with later, just like on Steam.

TVii and the TV button have essentially nothing to do with each other. The TV button is still one of the best features of the GamePad

Pokemaniac

The Wii U eShop music just changed again. The amount of effort that Nintendo puts into the background music for their system apps is frankly rather ridiculous. It really adds to their charm.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
1001 Spikes
Toto Temple Deluxe
Pumped BMX +
RACE THE SUN

Wii U Virtual Console
Medabots™: Metabee
Medabots™: Rokusho

3DS
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
1001 Spikes

3DS Themes
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – My Town

3DS Add-On Content
SENRAN KAGURA 2: Burst €4.99 / £4.49

TheMoon

This week, in Europe

1001 Spikes

OMG Nicalis remembered Europe exists!

Impossibru. And just at about the perfect time after SMM came out and nobody needs anymore hard platformer games. I would've cared last year, now I don't anymore. Watch this be reflected in sales again and Nicalis to draw the conclusion that "games don't sell in Europe."

########################################
edit:

Full PR:

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo, avaiable October 2) - €39.99/£34.99 (Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – The Office theme available exclusively as a bonus for purchasers, deal lasts until October 29)
Create dream homes, gorgeous gardens and a lively town square in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, only for Nintendo 3DS family systems! As the latest employee of Nook’s Homes, a real estate agency ran by the one and only Tom Nook, it’s up to you to design wonderful homes to suit any animal. Chat with potential clients to find out what sort of pad they’d prefer, then put your decorating skills to the test and put together ideal abodes, inside and out. Do away with dreary décor and give each of your animal friends a place to call “home, sweet home!”

1001 Spikes (Nicalis) - €14.99/£13.49
Jim Hawkins, the world-renowned archaeologist, has gone missing while exploring the frozen reaches of Antarctica.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €39.99/£29.99 (Pre-purchase starts October 1, game available on October 16)
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden is a fighting game including the most famous characters of Dragon Ball Z series. You can even play with characters from the latest movie Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection "F".

Pre-purchase available from 01/10/2015, with the game releasing on 16/10/2015. Bonuses for pre-purchase

1. Download code for the game "Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2" (in Japanese) for Nintendo 3DS!
    Download code redeemable on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS from 16/10/2015.
  2. Download code for the theme "Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Theme" for Nintendo 3DS!
    Download code redeemable on Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS from 16/10/2015

SENRAN KAGURA 2: Burst (Marvelous Europe, Add-on Content) - €4.99/£4.49

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – My Town (Nintendo, theme available October 1) - €1.99/£1.79
A theme featuring a watercolour-style panorama of characters. Cardboard icons and soft music give it a quaint charm.

Special offers
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends October 8, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Toys VS Monsters (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.99)
Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends October 29, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends October 22, normally €2.99/£2.49)
The Legend of Dark Witch - Chronicle 2D ACT (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends October 22, normally €3.99/£3.49)
European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99/£2.19 (Ends October 22, normally €3.99/£2.99)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends October 15, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Safari Quest (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends October 15, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends October 8, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends October 8, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Battleminer (Woobly Tooth) - €4.99/£4.49 (Permanent, was €7.99/£5.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

1001 Spikes (Nicalis) - €14.99/£13.49
Jim Hawkins, the world-renowned archaeologist, has gone missing while exploring the frozen reaches of Antarctica.

Toto Temple Deluxe (Juicy Beast Studio) - €8.99/£6.99
Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff. Infinitely dash in any direction to swiftly move around and powerfully headbutt the goat carrier to steal its four-legged booty. Escape your jealous opponents and protect the goat by blocking their attacks with a well-timed shield pop! You’ll "get their goat", guaranteed.

Pumped BMX + (Curve Digital) - €8.49/£6.49 (Ends October 15, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Pumped BMX + uses the hit game 'Pumped BMX 2' as inspiration - taking everything which made the mobile version so successful and enhancing every aspect of it for console. Originally developed by one man studio Yeah Us!, Pumped BMX + sees players ride their way through increasingly challenging levels while pulling off crazy and impressive trick combinations. The game lets players choose their rider style and throw down their best stunts whilst racing through more than 500 challenges to reach the top of the leaderboards.

Race The Sun (Flippfly) - €9.99/£6.99
You are a solar-powered craft. The sun is your death timer. Hurtle towards the sunset at breakneck speed in a futile race against time. Delay the inevitable by catching speed boosts which reverse the setting sun - if only for a moment. Race The Sun is inspired by arcade games of the past with a focus on high scores, short game sessions, and pure fun mingled with nerve-wracking tension. The rules are simple: don't crash, stay in the light, and don't slow down!

Medabots: Metabee (Natsume, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
In Medabots: Metabee, kids are losing their prized Medabot medals and Medaparts to a diabolical team of evil Medamaniacs! Join Ikki and his friends as they track down the source of the trouble and beat the Rubberobos at their own game. Customise your Medabots from hundreds of different Medaparts and create your own tactics for multiple Medabot Robattles. A huge adventure awaits with mysteries and intense Robattles! The Metabee version includes exclusive Medaparts and medals unique to this game.

Medabots: Rokusho (Natsume, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
In Medabots: Rokusho, kids are losing their prized Medabot medals and Medaparts to a diabolical team of evil Medamaniacs! Join Ikki and his friends as they track down the source of the trouble and beat the Rubberobos at their own game. Customise your Medabots from hundreds of different Medaparts and create your own tactics for multiple Medabot Robattles. A huge adventure awaits with mysteries and intense Robattles! The Rokusho version includes exclusive Medaparts and medals unique to this game.

Special offers
Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive) - €2.49/£2.49 (Ends October 29, normally €4.99/£4.99)
Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends October 29, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends October 29, normally €2.49/£2.29)
99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends October 29, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends October 22, normally €2.99/£2.99)

++++++++++++

oh hey, look ...1001 Spikes not cross-buy on the eShop despite being cross-buy on PSN. fuck you very much. they had a loyalty discount on steam if you owned cave story or night sky. they're one year late for EU and we get NOTHING. not even a launch week discount or anything. I'm pretty much done with Nicalis at this point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey, the GBA Metabots games. I remember watching that anime as a kid on Fox Kids.

STILL no 3D Sonic 2?! Sure hope Sega says something this week, considering they said Sept.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait, is Dragon Ball the first 3DS title available for pre-purchase in Europe? And is it the first third party title with pre-purchase option in the West overall?

also

Banned
Get Spy chameleon people!
The levels are designed so that you can take it slow and do it step by step or you can just run through them once you know what you're doing. Figuring out the quickest path is plenty of fun and there are leaderboards for each level.

TheMoon

More than one year late, 50% more expensive than on Steam, latest US version has game breaking bugs. Nicalis will then cry Europe isn't a good market.

Such is the Nicalis way. But why bother asking around how all the other (sometimes even way smaller) dev/pubs do it when you can just keep your blinders on and treat the rest of the world as an afterthought. Also consider, they don't even think an Australian release for a big ticket game like Isaac Rebirth is worth the ratings fee. Meanwhile, smaller devs can put their low-profile game out in Australia and still get by.

sheaaaa

If you can get over everything surrounding its release, 1001 Spikes is a fantastic game. Played it to completion on Vita when it came out. Giving you both a low and a high jump on different buttons means they can design really intricate, demanding levels that you'll breeze through after dying 100 times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, Freedom Planet has a date, & dang, sucks we gotta wait next week for Sonic 2, but least we finally know when it's coming out.

Simbabbad

If you can get over everything surrounding its release, 1001 Spikes is a fantastic game. Played it to completion on Vita when it came out. Giving you both a low and a high jump on different buttons means they can design really intricate, demanding levels that you'll breeze through after dying 100 times.
It is, or at least, 1000 SPIKES on Xbox 360/XNA was. Fantastic game, perfectly exploiting its controls and concept as you said. I would have bought this day one on Wii U had it released when it was relevant, and not after more than a year of waiting and disappointments, tales of horrific bugs, and a release right when I can't stop thinking about Super Mario Maker - and at a much higher price than on Steam.

This is a suicide release, I feel bad for 8bit fanatics, the developer. I'll buy it during a Steam sale.

Top Bottom