• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

PtM

Banned
Tempted by those Curve sales.
Pleeeeease download Fractured Soul. I say this every time it's on offer and no one responds. It's a fantastic game, and at £1.79 it's the best bargain you'll find.
Oh well, alright. The demo didn't impress me much. Now my SD card is nearly full.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still a bummer we won't get the SNES version of P&R. Played it as a kid, wanted to play it & see how much farther I could get.

sörine

Banned
Still a bummer we won't get the SNES version of P&R. Played it as a kid, wanted to play it & see how much farther I could get.
Yep. Also SNES Ninja Warriors, P&R2 and Lufia II. Hopefully we get them next VC round on NX. I'd also like Natsume's other NES games like Abadox, Shatterhand and Power Blade 1-2 if they can work it out with Hamster and Square Enix.

GRW810

I cannot get my head around that many things at once; jump & blink &shoot & blink again? Whoops no, wrong screen. It really stresses my concentration. Dying a lot.
It's like rehearsing to act a scene. You don't so much play Fractured Soul but learn how to pass a level.

sörine

Banned
Anyone back Starwhal and recieve their key yet? It releases tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else got theirs since Breakfall accidentially sent me a Steam key before.

Ondore

So it looks like Starwhal and Beatbuddy on Wii U tomorrow. Anyone recall hearing a price on the former?

No VC game listing, just like in Europe.

Richie

So it looks like Starwhal and Beatbuddy on Wii U tomorrow. Anyone recall hearing a price on the former?

No VC game listing, just like in Europe.

Did Japan have VC releases this week? Usually when none were listed, a Direct would surprise us with new games. One seems massively unlikely, maybe surprise Twitter-announced release, a lá Excitebike VS?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Either Nintendo is getting better with hiding what VC games are hitting tomorrow on their site, or we're not getting anything this week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I have a bit of an update on the Wii U version of Oddworld New N' Tasty as I did an interview with the new port house working on the game. The Wii U version is now being done by a company called Olde Skuul who picked up the project 7 months ago from JAW. They managed after some finagling fix the issues the game was having which were some quirks in Unity not playing well with the WI U, which is a story I am hearing quite a bit. They Couldn't go into what the problem were without breaking NDA but the godo news is the game is now in certification so it looks like it is releasing soon.

TheMoon

Did Japan have VC releases this week? Usually when none were listed, a Direct would surprise us with new games. One seems massively unlikely, maybe surprise Twitter-announced release, a lá Excitebike VS?

There'll be no Direct. Japan was on Holiday this week (Silver Week) until Today.

So, I have some leftover stars on my Club Nintendo account and want to get one of the "Wii U Panorama View" interactive videos.
I'm leaning towards the Kyoto tour, but wanted to hear if anyone of you had experienced them and can give recommendations?

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – All of your favorite Animal Crossing villagers are seeking new looks for their homes, and you’re the designer! Use your creativity to design the perfect houses – inside and out – for old friends (and new ones, too). As a bonus, the digital version comes with a code for an Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: Your Office Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Extreme Exorcism – In Extreme Exorcism, take on the role of exorcist Mae Barrons, whose unconventional supernatural skills are called upon when everything and everyone else has failed to rid a haunted house of its ghostly presence. If you downloaded the demo during the limited-time E3 Nindies@Home promotion, you will save 15 percent off your purchase until Oct. 23. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
STARWHAL – STARWHAL is the number one local multiplayer couch gaming experience featuring marine mammals in outer space. Play with one to four of your friends in a retro, epic narwhal battle in space! The heart-piercing action is furious and unrelenting. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

The Ignition Factor – In this Super NES game, take control of a brave firefighter as he battles to save people from towering infernos and flame-filled factories. Choose your firefighting equipment, traverse through the dangerous levels of a building engulfed in flames and rescue the people trapped inside.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is on sale for $4.99 until 8:59 a.m. on Sept. 28.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Family Tennis SP is 25 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15.
Legend of Kay Anniversary is 50 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $12.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Elliot Quest is 15 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
Suspension Railroad Simulator is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. on Oct. 8.
Paper Monsters Recut and Blocky Bot from Mobot Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Quadcopter Pilot Challenge is 50 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 8.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
Crash City Mayhem is 75 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
Snow Moto Racing is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Murder on the Titanic and 3D Game Collection from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. on Oct. 8.
10-in-1 Arcade Collection, Hazumi, League of Heroes, Monster Shooter, Pick-A-Gem, PIX3D, Crazy Kangaroo, SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition, SpeedX 3D and Rage of the Gladiator from Huuuge Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival is 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 21.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: My Town

Also new this week:

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Beatbuddy (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Job the Leprechaun (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Nova-111 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Mercenaries Saga 2 – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

69wpm

So, I have some leftover stars on my Club Nintendo account and want to get one of the "Wii U Panorama View" interactive videos.
I'm leaning towards the Kyoto tour, but wanted to hear if anyone of you had experienced them and can give recommendations?

Have you downloaded the demo? I myself bought Kyoto and it's pretty nice. Don't know about the others though.

Ondore

In for Starwhal and Exorcism. Any reviews for Nova-111?

Legend of Kay HD must've friggin' tanked to be half off after less than two months.

jholmes

Still no Starwhal backer code yet!

The Kyoto one is good but the one where you fly with geese is better. Maybe try the demo first and decide.

Fewr

Elliot Quest or Etrian Odyssey...

hmm... Elliot Quest I think, I've bought a couple of Etrians and never have the time to finish them.

MrV4ltor

Extreme Exorcism, STARWHAL, Beatbuddy and Nova-111 are all really solid games! Great week for both NA and EU. New games are fun you know? VC isn't everything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People are complaining about VC? I thought Ignition Factor was a good game when I was younger.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (for $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. on Sept. 28.
  • Elliot Quest (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary (reduced from $24.99 to $12.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Paper Monsters Recut and Blocky Bot from Mobot Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (reduced from $7.99 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. on Oct. 8.
  • Quadcopter Pilot Challenge (reduced from $8.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 8.
  • Family Tennis SP (reduced from $4.99 to $3.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mercenaries Saga 2 (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
  • Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (for $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. on Sept. 28.
  • Crash City Mayhem (reduced from $19.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
  • Snow Moto Racing (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Murder on the Titanic and 3D Game Collection from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. on Oct. 8.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 21.
  • 10-in-1 Arcade Collection, Hazumi, League of Heroes, Monster Shooter, Pick-A-Gem, PIX3D, Crazy Kangaroo, SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition, SpeedX 3D and Rage of the Gladiator from Huuuge Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €3.39/£2.99 (Ends October 1, normally €4.49/£3.99)
  • Family Tennis SP (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.70/£2.99 (Ends October 1, normally €4.99/£3.99)
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital) - €4.49/£3.99 (Ends October 8, normally €13.99/£12.99) <-- BUY THIS!!!
  • Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital) - €2.49/£2.20 (Ends October 8, normally €7.99/£6.99)
  • Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£2.99 (Ends October 8, normally €11.99/£9.99)
  • The Swapper (Curve Digital) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends October 8, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • OlliOlli (Curve Digital) - €4.49/£3.99 (Ends October 8, normally €9.99 / £7.99) <--- OlliOlli is a cross buy game
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends October 8, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 : Play without limits (Disney Interactive Studios) - €19.99/£16.49 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends October 8, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • 3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends October 8, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Urban Style Freestyle (Tate Multimedia) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends October 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)

uxwGK.png

Nothing this week.

This is weird. The newest Nintendo (EU) Newsletter says that the Project Zero Trial Version should be on the eShop but I can't find it. I'm on the Swiss store.

Top Bottom