• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

TheMoon

@YachtClubGames said:
‏
Plague of Shadows releases tomorrow! Have any questions about the update process? Let this guide be your guide! http://yachtclubgames.com/sk-how-to-update/

Important note for 3DS players: You'll want to update the game from the Home Menu and eShop menu! Do *not* use the in-game update menu.

Despite having more content than ever before Shovel Knight now takes up less space on the 3DS. Down from 1217 blocks to 715 or so.

Compression is a cool thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, the Shovel Knight update is finally coming out. Hopefully will try that out this weekend along with finally getting the Splatoon 3-pack amiibo this morning & trying more single player stuff.

Umibozu

I don't know if this is right place to ask, but how much space does the xenoblade chronicles X patches take up?
edit: 10gb

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like we're starting to see more Natsume titles, considering they mentioned they were bringing GBA titles.

steveovig

I remember playing CBJ when it came out. It's like a Twisted Metal RPG, pretty neat. I'm not sure I'll buy it this time though. I've got too much on my plate, as is, but the price is good.

TheMoon

@WayForward

Thanks to our friends at @Intergrow, #Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for 3DS will receive a physical copy in Japan!

oO

4,200yen
November 19, 2015
http://game.intergrow.jp/shantae-pirates-curse/

--

‏@13amgames

Hey, Australia and NZ! We haven't forgotten about you. We've fixed a ton of issues that we are sending in a patch your way! #runbow

(Cont) Thanks so much for being patient and keeping us reminded how excited you are for Runbow!

Not sure why they're specifying AUNZ when talking about a patch. But I guess they mean the AUNZ version will come alongside and already including a patch for the other regions?

Ondore

Would that Runbow patch cover the hard drive hitching issue?

Just trying to hide from the P5-storm. Poor Atlus.

L~A

NA:

Year Walk – Lose yourself in an ancient rite that bleeds from the TV screen into our world through the Wii U GamePad controller. Use the second screen in your hands to study a mysterious folklore encyclopedia, decipher hints and take notes. Solve tactile puzzles using motion controls, and listen for clues through the GamePad. Click here to watch the latest trailer.
Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack – Kick your adventure into overdrive! The Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack includes the full video game, works with any Portal of Power from the Skylanders series and includes digital versions of the Instant Spitfire and Instant Hot Streak. Expand your game-play experience with more than 40 Skylanders and vehicles to collect, and embark on epic adventures over land, under sea and through the sky. Skylanders Superchargers will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U on Sept. 20. Click here to watch a trailer. (Note: A Portal of Power is required to play, sold separately.) Click here to watch a trailer for this game.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – Download this free DLC for hit game Shovel Knight on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS and embark on a new adventure starring Plague Knight, the addled alchemical master of disaster! Featuring a new playable character, new relics, new systems, new boss battles, level tweaks and a new story to adventure through, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is available to download for free to everyone who owns the Shovel Knight game. Click here to watch a trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Car Battler Joe – In this Game Boy Advance racing game, play as Joe Todoroki to become a car battler, just like his father before him. Customize a vehicle in the Garage to enhance or diminish its performance. Sign up for jobs, missions and even tournaments as Joe explores the dangerous highways and byways that surround his village.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
The Swapper (Wii U), OlliOlli (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
ZaciSa’s Last Stand is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 23.
Bombing Bastards and Spot the Differences: Party! from Sanuk Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Xeodrifter and Mutant Mudds from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
AiRace Speed and AiRace Xeno from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 8.
Glory of Generals, Quell Reflect and Swords & Soldiers 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT Oct. 8.
Fractured Soul is 75 percent off (reduced from $11.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon is 33 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
Aqua Moto Racing is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 23.

Activities:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Red Badge” Tournament – See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new “Red Badge” tournament runs through Sept. 20. Opt in via the SpotPass feature on your Nintendo 3DS system for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Pokémon: Dancing Pikachu
Pokémon: Pikachu’s Cry
Pikachu Bundle: Dancing & Cry
Pokémon 151: Mewtwo

Price reduction:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker has been reduced to $39.99 (from $49.99).

Also new this week:

Defense Dome (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Zombie Defense (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Legacy – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Sept. 22

90sRobots

before the SoR delay, that would've been the original intended schedule.

Ah, thanks. So I guess the 24th.

While I'm here I guess I'll pimp a Back In My Play podcast I listened to about Out Run. This is probably THE Out Run retrospective as you have host Kevin Larrabee telling a story about pushing a fat man's heavy Out Run arcade machine up a flight of basement steps and Greg Sewart's extensive knowledge of all the various ports.

They keep going back to the superb Sega Ages port of Out Run as being the best version, which highlights my issue with Sega 3D Classics: I'd rather play most of these on a TV.

C'mon, Sega. Out Run on PS4.

sörine

Banned
Wow, Wii U VC is just anemic. I don't plan on supporting VC on NX at this point.
Car Battler Joe is a good release at least. It's the sort of game I want to see more of releasing on VC; overlooked, quality and previously unavailable.

I hope Cima: The Enemy is also in Natsume's queue lineup.

TheMoon

relevant: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1113593

2D cyberpunk RPG Dex will land on Wii U in Q1 2016, KS backers get a free steam key as an apology for the long delay.

The main reason for the delay is that we decided to work of the Enhanced Version of Dex to improve several aspects of the game, based on the feedback we received following the release.
[...]
Nintendo has been extremely helpful and delightful to work with, and we’re very excited about the Wii U version, which will feature some unique functionalities, more of which we’ll detail in the coming months.
[...]
Now for the good news: in order to apologize to those of you who have been waiting for either console version, we’ll be sending each of you a free Steam key, so you can play the game already, or give the gift of cyberpunk to a friend or a loved one! You will of course also get a key for your console of choice when that version becomes available.

TheMoon

One shouldn't "support" a service anyway. Just buy the games that you want and enjoy them. :)

thisthisthisthisthis

So tired of people pretending like VC is something they either have to pledge support to or denounce wholly. Utterly stupid attitude.

I for one welcome Team Top Hat back.
lol

On topic: how long is the Runbow discount running for? Edit: the Nindies at Home discount.

BooJoh

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is up for preload and you get a free theme if you buy it on the eShop.

I swear if they make that theme impossible to get for people buying the $200+ hardware bundle for the game like they did with MH4U I'm going to be pissed.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
    Plague of Shadows (Free)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• ZaciSa’s Last Stand (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 23.
  • Bombing Bastards and Spot the Differences: Party! from Sanuk Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • The Swapper, OlliOlli and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Plague of Shadows (Free)

• The Legend of Legacy (Atlus | Demo) Upcoming 09/22

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Aqua Moto Racing (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 23.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • OlliOlli and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Fractured Soul (reduced from $11.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon (reduced from $5.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • Xeodrifter and Mutant Mudds from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.
  • AiRace Speed and AiRace Xeno from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 8.
  • Glory of Generals, Quell Reflect and Swords & Soldiers 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT Oct. 8.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker has been reduced to $39.99 (from $49.99). Permanent

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Plague of Shadows (Free)

Wii U | Sales

• Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends September 24, normally €6.99/£5.99)
  • Spot The Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends September 24, normally €5.00/£4.49)
  • Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge) - €3.19/£2.87 (Ends September 24, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) - €1.29/£0.94 (Ends October 1, normally €2.69/£1.89)
  • Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) - €3.19/£2.69 (Ends October 1, normally €6.49/£5.49)
  • Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 GAMES) - €12.90/£11.90 (Ends October 15, normally €29.90/£24.90)
  • Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games) - €12.90/£11.90 (Ends October 15, normally €29.90/£24.90)

Plague of Shadows (Free)
  • Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous Europe)
    Hipster (€4.99 | £4.49)

• Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge) - €3.19/£2.87 (Ends September 24, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends September 24, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 1, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €6.99/£5.59 (Ends October 8, normally €9.99/£7.99)
  • Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends October 8, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €5.19/£4.19 (Ends October 8, normally €6.99/£5.59)

uxwGK.png

Wow, Wii U VC is just anemic. I don't plan on supporting VC on NX at this point.

So, if a bunch of VC games you're interested in come to NX, you're just not going to buy them?

I get being frustrated by the VC. I think we all are to some degree. But, as others have said, I don't understand simply being either FOR or AGAINST a service like this. Buy the good stuff when it comes and voice your concerns when it doesn't.

I think the biggest disappointment I have is the fact that a lot of core Nintendo fans seem to only be interested in a handful of games and refuse to check out anything else. I'd honestly never heard of Car Battler Joe before today, but it seems to be a pretty solid title and now I'm interested in it. For me, the VC is just as much about discovering hidden gems I missed out on as it is taking a nostalgia trip.

Umibozu

In the latest nindies youtube video the developers of freedom planet said they're aiming for a mid-september release. So hopefully we'll be seeing it in the not too distant future.

TheMoon

In the latest nindies youtube video the developers of freedom planet said they're aiming for a mid-september release. So hopefully we'll be seeing it in the not too distant future.

that interview is ancient. haven't they since said October was their new target without promising anything too specific? might be confusing that with something else though.

Umibozu

that interview is ancient. haven't they since said October was their new target without promising anything too specific? might be confusing that with something else though.
well they just put the video up, so it will probably add to the confusion

TheMoon

At this prices i dont plan to buy a single vc game ever again

(Unless the new nintendo rewards systen gives some GREAT rewards)

10 bucks for DS and N64 games is more than fair.

I feel all the other systems should be between 1 and 2 bucks lower than they currently are though. but it's still a great price for most of the released games since a lot of them are timeless classics.

Chopper

Europe had a pretty disappointing week, I must say.

I should have gotten Mario Maker.
Year Walk and Plague Knight disagree. But yes, you should have gotten Mario Maker.

You guys should definitely try Year Walk. Simogo are a really fantastic developer well worth supporting, and I'm thrilled that they're proting their stuff to Wii U. I've played all their games on iOS, and each one is truly unique.

Year Walk did make me shit myself a couple of times though. But then I'm truly allergic to jump scares.

TheMoon

Year Walk and Plague Knight disagree. But yes, you should have gotten Mario Maker.

You guys should definitely try Year Walk. Simogo are a really fantastic developer well worth supporting, and I'm thrilled that they're proting their stuff to Wii U. I've played all their games on iOS, and each one is truly unique.

Year Walk did make me shit myself a couple of times though. But then I'm truly allergic to jump scares.

Dakko Dakko ported Year Walk. Dev behind the most excellent Scram Kitty we keep pimping here.

Top Bottom