• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Dream (FEB 2007) scans

Wow, all those games look fantastic to me. Even Wario and Atelier. Wario looks like classic platforming fun and reminds of the the WL's on the GBC (<3). Atelier looks beautiful. That Jet game just looks like a generic flight simulator though. :\

And shit, those Layton scans have some spoilers. :(

Busaiku

Awesome job neo, thanks!

Luminous Arc looks awesome, seriously can't wait for that.
Atelier Lise loosk appealing to me, and I'm a fan of the older games of the Atelier franchise, didn't know there was one coming to the Nintendo DS.
And I can't resist Harvest Moon games, so those are looking really nice to me.

Luminous Arc has wireless/wifi versus play where you can use your leveled up characters to battle someone.

You have 90 seconds to decide how to move a unit.

If the other wireless player is using same characters as you are, they appear as a different color (me: like Street Fighter!)

You search for a player with similar levels automatically.

If you win you win some items. How many you win is dependant upon how bad of a loss it was and how much of a difference in levels there was between the two of you.

Second page has a priest and witch intro, down below a secret character Kopin that has some minigames/special movies/secrets attached to it.

mugwhump

IAWW looks extremely hot. It was playable at Jump Fiesta, why no new impressions? :(
Also, I though I heard something about there being multiple characters, each with their own battle system? Though that may have just been someone referring to the two main characters' systems.

Wish room. :)

jarosh

i don't know what's going on in this screen but i like it

wario.jpg

CountZeroInt said:
Luminous Arc has wireless/wifi versus play where you can use your leveled up characters to battle someone.

If the other wireless player is using same characters as you are, they appear as a different color (me: like Street Fighter!)

If you win you win some items. How many you win is dependant upon how bad of a loss it was and how much of a difference in levels there was between the two of you.

Second page has a priest and witch intro, down below a secret character Kopin that has some minigames/special movies/secrets attached to it.

Thanks. Sounds great.

Arrrg,so many RPGs so little time. I am going to have to abandon next-gen gaming all together just to keep up with the DS games.

TreIII

CountZeroInt said:

Heh, reminds me a lot of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Loids (for GBA). The automatic color change is appreciate though...Lord knows MP in TO-GBA was disorienting because of the similar characters with perhaps only a slight color variance...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Layton & Luminous Arc looks awesome. Harvest Moon Wii has a nice style as well.

Wario could go either way since I know you use the stylus to play it.

Here's to false hope that Front Mission 1st will make it over here. :lol

AniHawk

****ing sweet. It's about damn time we got a new Wario. How long has it been, five years?

I hope Lost in Blue 2 turns out better than the first. The first had some really nice ideas ruined by an absolutely horrid endgame.

ethelred

It's nice to see a reminder that Square Enix isn't the only great developer for the system, even if they are kicking everyone else's asses.

Professor Layton, Hotel Dusk, and Luminous Arc all (as usual) look fantastic. I'm loving the new backgrounds in LA -- looks like the game'll have some pretty sweet battles maps. And the artistic styles in Layton and Hotel Dusk are just spectacular. Awesome to see such great adventure games keep coming.

Also, thanks so much, Neo (for the great scans) and Count Zero (for the translations).

CountZeroInt said:
They wanted to release Front Mission for DS because the dual screens are perfect for presenting lots of information, something critical in SRPGs.

Nice to see there are some developers out there taking note of this, and they are exactly right.

That's what I've been saying ever since Advance Wars (even though that's just a standard turn-based strategy game and not an SRPG) -- it was the top screen, with the constant display of terrain and unit statistical information, that really wowed me there, because it just made everything so immediately accessible. And I know every time I play an SRPG like Tactics Ogre or FFT, I constantly have to toggle myself out of the game to check that stuff; having it right on hand made the game much more fun to play, and I've been wanting a flood of SRPGs since.

Hopefully they'll like the development enough to make an original Front Mission game. And hopefully enough other developers out there agree with them (and me!) and we keep getting more and more DS SRPGs, because the two go so well together.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I just realized Wario looks drastically different and Suzak took down the game from their site. Maybe Nintendo decided to take over the development internally?

Hey, ethel, you're kinda late for the big love-in we had going on here yesterday. :D

Man, there's just so much awesome DS stuff down the pipe.

Neomoto

AniHawk said:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy: Chocobo Adventure Dealy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Board Game w/ Mario and the like
It's a Wonderful World
Children of Mana
Heroes of Mana
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Front Mission 1st
Egg Monster Hero

I mean, god damn.
Yeah.. who would have thought this 2 years ago :lol. I'm really interested in 11 of those games btw, pretty crazy if I think about it.

Scans look incredible overal. Square Enix <3 DS indeed.

Jiggy

Frickin' frick, man, I just look through this thread and can't help thinking for the longest time the DS' only problem is that it has no RPGs, and then finally comes the flood of greatness. If Luminous Arc, FFXII:RW, Atelier Lise*, Dragon Quest IX, IAWW, Front Mission, Heroes of Mana, and outside-Japan Pokemon all drop in 2007, that'd be enormous--plus there's still ASH floating around out there, potentially.

*Looks good; I've never heard of it before to know for certain, though.

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
plus there's still ASH floating around out there, potentially.

Yeah...about that...

How about at LEAST giving us a few new screen shots, Mistwalker? Blue Dragoon's done now, it's time to showcase some of the other stuff that you've been working on! :D

ethelred

Jiggy37 said:
Frickin' frick, man, I just look through this thread and can't help thinking for the longest time the DS' only problem is that it has no RPGs, and then finally comes the flood of greatness. If Luminous Arc, FFXII:RW, Atelier Lise*, Dragon Quest IX, IAWW, Front Mission, Heroes of Mana, and outside-Japan Pokemon all drop in 2007, that'd be enormous--plus there's still ASH floating around out there, potentially.

*Looks good; I've never heard of it before to know for certain, though.

Yeah. By my reckoning... Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, Heroes of Mana, Front Mission, It's a Wonderful World, Luminous Arc, Etrian Odyssey, Archaic Sealed Heat, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Atelier Lise, BioWare's RPG, Spectrobes, Lunar Knights (for the US), Dragon Quest Monsters, Rune Factory, Mega Man Star Force (for the US), Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (for the US)...

And that's just what's currently announced. It's scary that, at this point, we can be pretty much assured that even with all we've seen from Square Enix, it's still probably not everything they've got in the pipeline. We still haven't seen Nintendo's lineup. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a few other announcements from other companies, too.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't see why you guys should get all excited about. If you guys are getting hyped by those games, you won't survived the AFTER DQIX games announcements. It's going to get wild so be ready!

ethelred

VicAlpha said:
I don't see why you guys should get all excited about. If you guys are getting hyped by those games, you won't survived the AFTER DQIX games announcements. It's going to get wild so be ready!

DQIX is going to spark an absolute flood of RPG development on the DS (not that it was really lagging that much, thanks mainly to Square Enix/Konami/Bandai) from more and more third parties. But the lineup is really awesome even without that, so yeah, things are going to get nuts.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
VicAlpha said:
huh?

ethelred

Mejilan said:
An Atelier game for the DS?

Yeah. It was revealed at the same time as FFXII: RW, Heroes of Mana, It's a Wonderful World, and Front Mission 1st... so it kinda got mostly ignored. :lol

For a while, it seemed like it was going to be more of a total throwback to the old Atelier games, rather than being in line with the Iris series... but these latest scans show that it's got what looks like an interesting gridded battle system. So who knows, it could be worth keeping an eye on this one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Error2k4 said:
DQIX is message which is "this is where you make money" and a lot of publishers have heard it and won't use the "underpowered/puzzle game machine" excuse anymore. DQIX officially makes the DS a main platform, not a "handheld" aka poor man's gaming system

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Hotel Dusk and Professor Layton look fantastic.
I don't know what the new Wario game's about, but it looks hilarious already.
I have high hopes for Survival Kids 2.
Totally burnt out on Harvest Moon. Can Natsume do anything else, please?

Sorry, continuing to piggy back on this thread with newer stuff from Impress Watch

Proof that Japanese are finally starting to make MMORPGs

"Hiten Online"

hi24.jpg

hi15.jpg

hi10.jpg

There are a gazillion games like this coming out next year (from both Korea and Japan). It will be interesting to see how many of them bite, and if they can have a successful Japan born MMORPG (I don't think FF was successful to WoW or EQ levels, obviously)

Top Bottom