• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2012 Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

I'm not sure really what to believe. It kind of sounds like Nintendo may have pulled stuff last minute. ShockingAlberto said this, Shane Satterfield said what he saw was "pretty damn good", and Shikamaru Ninja echoed this.

Either people are just pulling stuff out of their asses (probably), or people know or saw some stuff before Nintendo decided we should see it.

Who knows. Maybe this developer roundtable will be fruitful.

Shikamaru and Shocking are not going to troll people.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Looking at it now, the launch line up itself isn't terrible. There are actually quite a few games I would buy on it - maybe even Ninja Gaiden or Batman - if they had a compelling library of games coming out after ward. We saw nothing though. Almost every third party game shown at E3 this year is coming out in 2013. None of them are for Wii U though and that's after dev kits will have been out for at least 2.5 years. There's no Call of Duty or Madden which is a big red flag. We know Sony's and Microsoft's next consoles may be out by the end of next year. There are rumors that Wii U won't support UE4. All of this when taken into consideration as a whole leaves me with the feeling that what little third party support there is will be gone soon. There might be a few games here and there, but if Nintendo really wants have any games they either need to spend more money on investing in studios (Sega, Platinum, Treasure) or get their hardware at a level that is closer to the competition. Unless casuals flock to Wii U I don't see how this can't be a failure of epic proportions.

Nintendo announced long ago that there would be no price, no release date during E3. They never announce those during E3. Don't know why anyone was disappointed that Nintendo did exactly what they said they'd do.

what kind of fucked up policy is that? instead of getting people talking about a price/date they show nindendoland?

antonz

what kind of fucked up policy is that? instead of getting people talking about a price/date they show nindendoland?

Nintendo never talks price and release date at E3. Wii Price and release was announced in September a week after the first batch of Wii CPUs shipped from IBM

nordique

ouch.

that was a rough E3 in general, all around imo.

Nintendo missed a huge boat there. No big announcement or surprise at the end. No showing off the HD prowess of the system.

Nothing of note.

Probably huge news for the general media crowd, but severely lacking otherwise.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.

Nintendo is infamous for spreading out information on their console as to not overwhelm their audience. I'm certain they will announce a price and release date before the Wii U launches.

>_>

Gummb

wow, 90 minutes of miiverse and console goals! Here we go!

[edit] and Nintendo Land...

Gummb

AGITΩ;38580877 said:
Starting off with Nintendo Land....kay...gonna explain more minigame walkthroughs for us?

Question: I don't understand video games. Why am I here?

BTW, that Animal Crossing Sweets game sure seems like a candidate for 2-Gamepad play - there are two enemies, both controlled by the guy with the Gamepad, one with each stick/shoulder. I asked about it, was told "we can only discuss what's currently playable on the show floor"

After seeing the show I have realised the objective for launch and the coming 9 months until next E3. Nintendo know that SONY and MS will be showing next gen games next year or concepts of so Nintendo will be going full force with their real Next Gen titles. Their major studios did not show anything so next year once again we will be shown demos for zelda mario kart 3d mario metroid and smash brothers Donkey Kong Star Fox and F-Zero with maybe two games being released that year.

Also We have about three more nintendo directs and a final launch conference in the fall until launch as it looks like from the software being shown that we are probably getting a launch around october or early october to be more precise. I also have a feeling that we will see more japanese titles in these japanese centric nintendo directs.

Not getting many on the floor impressions on the wii u third party ports on how they play look and feel. Does anyone have any info?

Gummb

Nintendo is really pissing me off. Just give us what we want and stop fucking around.

They have an announced plan for this round table and it's going to be about their plan for the console, Miiverse, and other OS details.

Drop the hype.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The mini games seem a lot more fleshed out than I imagined.

Ah. I thought it was kind of obvious, they definitely put some game design thought into the Luigi's Mansion thing. I mean yeah it's a Pac Man clone, but still.

Portugeezer

Making their next game? DKCR was only finished a year and a half ago dude, and Retro's pretty small.

A year and a half is enough for Nintendo to say something, just tease, give me some hope. They didn't.

5 minutes of 3DS impressed me more than 1 hour of Wii U.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A year and a half is enough for Nintendo to say something, just tease, give me some hope. They didn't.

5 minutes of 3DS impressed me more than 1 hour of Wii U.

Eh, teasing is worthless. Smash was teased last year and does it honestly hype you for Wii U?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I know that is a 2014 game the latest. Meanwhile 1.5 years of Retro working on a project is more substantial.

Took them three years to finish making DKCR, and two and a half in secrecy before they showed it.

Retro's games are best revealed when they're polished and ready, when everyone is craving the most for them.

I've been saying it for weeks, Retro's game will be shown at E3 2013 and no sooner.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
After seeing the show I have realised the objective for launch and the coming 9 months until next E3. Nintendo know that SONY and MS will be showing next gen games next year or concepts of so Nintendo will be going full force with their real Next Gen titles. Their major studios did not show anything so next year once again we will be shown demos for zelda mario kart 3d mario metroid and smash brothers Donkey Kong Star Fox and F-Zero with maybe two games being released that year.

Also We have about three more nintendo directs and a final launch conference in the fall until launch as it looks like from the software being shown that we are probably getting a launch around october or early october to be more precise. I also have a feeling that we will see more japanese titles in these japanese centric nintendo directs.

Not getting many on the floor impressions on the wii u third party ports on how they play look and feel. Does anyone have any info?

I was composing this thought for another thread, but this is a good jumping off point for it, so I'll just leave this here:

I think at this point there are too many unrealistic, as well as incredibly narrow minded, expectations built up around these events.

It's like when you get people who, every year, think there's going to be DAT MEGATON dropped at CES, just because there might be a video game company attending in some capacity.

The whole megaton joke itself, has gone beyond a joke. People take it seriously and some act as if they can't enjoy anything unless they're experiencing the effect of their hair being blown back over their head. Or something.

I think it's plenty interesting to watch big events like E3, but... the entire consumer electronics entertainment industry does not, can not, should not, revolve around a narrow subset of male geeks who only want to see like 3 things. And have meltdowns when they don't see everything possible on one day, at one event.

I was composing this thought for another thread, but this is a good jumping off point for it, so I'll just leave this here:

I think at this point there are too many unrealistic, as well as incredibly narrow minded, expectations built up around these events.

It's like when you get people who, every year, think there's going to be DAT MEGATON dropped at CES, just because there might be a video game company attending in some capacity.

The whole megaton joke itself, has gone beyond a joke. People take it seriously and some act as if they can't enjoy anything unless they're experiencing the effect of their hair being blown back over their head. Or something.

I think it's plenty interesting to watch big events like E3, but... the entire consumer electronics entertainment industry does not, can not, should not, revolve around a narrow subset of male geeks who only want to see like 3 things. And have meltdowns when they don't see everything possible on one day, at one event.

Not only that but it's not like Nintendo is suppose to make up for Sony and MS's shortcomings(no next gen or WOW-ME titles) this year. While Nintendo should be viewed based upon their own launch(rightfully so), it's not their responsibility to make up for it for their competitors too

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
We are readying the system to be able to transfer saves and everything you've bought.

Halle-fucking-lujah. This was a gigantic worry they just put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom