• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

good luck. If that goes well, I'm sure you'll think you did the best thing in the end.

There will be more E3's :D

Awh, thank you! Yeah, I really should have done some better planning. I was just so excited to finally get to E3.

Fun story: when I was in high school there was one year where I couldn't watch, so I asked my mom to watch it and take notes to share with me when she picked me up. It was so nice of her! It was the year Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced and I didn't believe her when she told me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My predictions:

Blowout on the already known 2017 first party stuff: Odyssey, FE Warriors, Xeno 2, maybe a bit more of Splatoon. Pokemon Stars if real.

Third party segment- focus on FIFA, NBA2K, Skyrim, Sonic, Mario x Rabbids, and a surprise or two, probably from a Japanese developer.

Brief indie sizzle reel

Ends with announcement of Bayo 3 and Retro's game.

were getting so close! Still need to look at getting my days off Sunday. I realize now predicting metroid is unrealistic and makes no sense so ill keep this one down to earth, i thinj
Were going to get a teaser for animal crossing out early next year.

Fritz

Hello everyone

here's some shit you already know about

*roll VT about Skyrim, FIFA etc etc*

Here are some new indie games

*roll VT about some cool new indies and old PC favourites*

Here's some new Mario footage

*roll VT for Mario*

BOOM! Pokemon Switch -> VT
BOOM! VC Details -> VT

And that's it...

*sound of glass breaking*

Whaaa....?

music plays...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPT8GBdRCWE

lights drop, darkness, lights come up in red then soften to deep blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLPY-ODuNmE

Sirens go off, METROID flashes in huge text on and off, on and off on all screens

VT rolls for ten seconds - flashes of 2D metroid, flashes of Prime style metroid, screen goes black, pause then VT starts up again for another ten seconds of all new Multiplayer metroid

mic drop, walk off stage

crowd goes wild

This sounds so real. :D

Awh, thank you! Yeah, I really should have done some better planning. I was just so excited to finally get to E3.

Fun story: when I was in high school there was one year where I couldn't watch, so I asked my mom to watch it and take notes to share with me when she picked me up. It was so nice of her! It was the year Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced and I didn't believe her when she told me.

Unbelievable! Your Mum is a saint.

oti

Banned

That's adorable.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Very interesting as I believe there's still some high profile 3DS games to be announced, I wonder if they'll really leave them for the Treehouse?

My thoughts as well. Nintendo used other events to announce games in the past few years

- in 2014, not only Mario Party 10 was suddenly name dropped in the amiibo video featuring Bill Trinen, but the Nintendo Minute right after the Digital Event showed Layton v.s. AA for US and Fantasy Life's Western announcement. Also, Devil's Third at an IGN panel and Codename STEAM at its own panel.
- in 2016 they announced Ever Oasis, Mario Party Star Rush, Rhythm Heaven sudden release as well as some indie games at a panel with Geoff Keighley.

(if I'm missing anything, feel free to correct me).

Thus, I can totally see announcements during the Treehouse.

Amir0x

Banned
Sorry, I don't know that anyone literally said that, but just browsing through the first few pages, just complaint after complaint after complaint on most of these types of threads is tiring and I did some hyperbole here, extrapolating some of the general sentiments of the complaints/questions, but I guess people calling that out and being frustrated about it is just as tiring, so I apologize :) I guess I should have just ignored it and said that I am personally excited for E3 and can patiently wait for whatever is shown!

It's no problem. Just a pet peeve when people preemptively call people out for things not really being said.

I am pretty excited for E3 too. And Switch has the most ability to surprise me, so I'm most excited about Nintendo this year... which is the first time in a long time that happened. So I'm being critical only because I want Nintendo to be the best I know they're capable of. I want them to come out shooting fireworks, showing that they've arrived hot off the tail of a surprisingly successful Switch launch.

casey_contra said:

Wow your mom is awesome. Definitely was rad you got this experience from her so you did the right thing, but in the future you should have gone to my rad E3 GAF summary topics ;D

DMONKUMA

My predictions:

Blowout on the already known 2017 first party stuff: Odyssey, FE Warriors, Xeno 2, maybe a bit more of Splatoon. Pokemon Stars if real.

Third party segment- focus on FIFA, NBA2K, Skyrim, Sonic, Mario x Rabbids, and a surprise or two, probably from a Japanese developer.

Brief indie sizzle reel

Ends with announcement of Bayo 3 and Retro's game.

Actually yeah this sounds alright. Major focus on 2017 like it said and just 2 announcements on 2018+ games.

Oddish1

I don't want you to think I'm dissing Fire Emblem lol. I'm just saying we have FE Echoes releasing. They got this season pass and FE game year after year for the past 3 years. They're not going to show everything at E3. Yeah, they'll show FE Warriors. That's enough. We don't need to see FE Switch. Just save it for a Direct later this year or next E3.

They've revealed games in the past and we didn't get any information until 2 years later.

Well I didn't think you were dissing Fire Emblem so don't worry about that.

Revealing a game and then giving information two years later isn't something Nintendo tends to do. If anything they usually keep reveals and release within a year or so. They could wait to give FE information later this year, I just expect them to give information at E3 because we know the game already exists and it's coming out next year.

Both Sony's E3 with the big three and Nintendo's desperate January direct for the WiiU were/are nothing short of cancer. Stop announcing games with no release plan just to build fake hype.
If there is nothing else coming out, sure. With more current game releases accompanying them, I just don't get it. Play what is out now and keep in mind what is to come.

I don't understand "fake hype" either. The game(s) will be released so...

If it really is just 2017 then I expect it to be disappointing.

Odyysey
Fe warriors
Pikmin 4
Arms
Splatoon
Xenoblade 2
Rabbids kingdom battle

There, I just "leaked" nintendo's e3 plan.

The one thing I love most about e3 is surprises and it sounds like we won't be getting that from Nintendo.

We won't even get a look at fire emblem switch :(

Amir0x

Banned

Odyysey
Fe warriors
Pikmin 4
Arms
Splatoon
Xenoblade 2
Rabbids kingdom battle

The one thing I love most about e3 is surprises and it sounds like we won't be getting that from Nintendo.

Pikmin 4 would be an amazing surprise, don't degrade it!

I highly doubt Rabbids X Mario RPG is going to be one of their big central surprises though :p

KHlover

Banned
If there is nothing else coming out, sure. With more current game releases accompanying them, I just don't get it. Play what is out now and keep in mind what is to come.

I don't understand "fake hype" either. The game(s) will be released so...
Tell that to the people who were hyped for SMTxFE and got Idol Simulator 2016 instead.

We'll see, I don't see Retro coming back to the franchise any time soon.

That's fine by me. I want Retro to make a new big IP like a WRPG or Uncharted game.

Well I didn't think you were dissing Fire Emblem so don't worry about that.

Revealing a game and then giving information two years later isn't something Nintendo tends to do. If anything they usually keep reveals and release within a year or so. They could wait to give FE information later this year, I just expect them to give information at E3 because we know the game already exists and it's coming out next year.

Yeah, it's possible they'll reveal it at E3.

Odyysey
Fe warriors
Pikmin 4
Arms
Splatoon
Xenoblade 2
Rabbids kingdom battle

Yep you figured it out. E3 will only be 2017 games. They're not showing anything for 2018.

Some Nobody

Even if the event was 2017 games only, there will obviously still be new announcements. We currently know of what, Mario and Xenoblade 2 after summer? I see no need to stress over a single line lol

June: ARMS
July: Splatoon 2
August: Fire Emblem Warriors
September: Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle
October: ?
November: Super Mario Odyssey
December: Xenoblade 2

Assume for a moment that Pokemon Stars isn't a real thing. Does the above list make you excited? If so, then you're good!

But no, I think we'll get a game or two for 2018 actually. Why make things Switch-only if you're not going to give us a look at some of the stuff in the pipeline for next year? You
could do 3DS and Switch both like you did earlier this year for the ARMS/Splatoon 2 video.

Edit: Damn, my overall point was beaten. >< Ah well. I'm a little more optimistic than the other guy though lol. Y'know what, Tales Festival is the week before E3. It'd be cool if they premiered the new Tales game there and maybe Nintendo had a little something for us here too. A game like that would definitely not make it into Sony's conference, so why not here?

The problem with it being 'just' 2017 is that there is a fair chance that there are going to be no third party AAA games announced for the future so...if they just talk about this-year stuff aren't people going to get a bit concerned about the legs of the console? Nintendo has spunked their load before Christmas and there is nothing else after that. I can;t see that happening.

Jigolo

Hyped as always but expect to be disappointed after like most of Nintendos recent E3s and Directs.

LETS GO

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
So since this is going to be 2017 only, are people throwing Retro's game off the table or do people still think it will hit 2017? That thing has been in development for around 3.5 years so far after all.

JoeM86

Odyysey
Fe warriors
Pikmin 4
Arms
Splatoon
Xenoblade 2
Rabbids kingdom battle

It's not just 2017

The problem with it being 'just' 2017 is that there is a fair chance that there are going to be no third party AAA games announced for the future so...if they just talk about this-year stuff aren't people going to get a bit concerned about the legs of the console? Nintendo has spunked their load before Christmas and there is nothing else after that. I can;t see that happening.

It's not "just" 2017...

June: ARMS
July: Splatoon 2
August: Fire Emblem Warriors
September: Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle
October: ?
November: Super Mario Odyssey
December: Xenoblade 2

I would hope Pikmin 4 would take that October spot.

They better toll out something good, my switch is gathering dust. MK is great but... I've played on my wiiu before...

I can honestly say that I've had a lot more fun with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch than I did with my time on the Wii U.

Granted, I now have more opportunities to play it with actual people using the portability and also MOTHERFUCKING DRYBONES IS BACK.

But you know, personal experience.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Predictshuns:

- Open strong with the Smash Bros. swipe, to a cinematic of the Ice Climbers trekking through a wintry tundra to reach the fight. They arrive in Inkopolis, and we're introduced to the new Splatoon rep for Smash. We also get an Arms rep (Ribbon Girl) and an unexpected third party rep (Banjo & Kazooie believe)

- This leads in to footage of Smash Bros. for Switch (Smash Bros. Turbo? Championship Edition?), alongside any minor new features that game will have, Christmas 2017

- The new roster editions tie in to some quick segments on Arms (just a final trailer for the game), Splatoon 2 (campaign trailer), and an Ice Climbers game for eShop (would be cool if this was made by the Spelunky developers as someone suggested way back when)

- Talk about the unexpected third-party rep, and how unexpected Cloud was, as he'd never appeared in a mainline Final Fantasy title on a Nintendo system...until now! Final Fantasy VII Remake announced for Switch

- This is hopefully where we'd get a slew of big third party announcements that Nintendo have been holding back on (for some reason?): Yooka-Laylee release date announced, Rocket League, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Modern Warfare Remastered, etc.

- If Bethesda didn't show it at their conference (which they won't), Nintendo shows off Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch, alongside some obligatory Nintendo added content. Bethesda announced plans to port over other titles, such as Fallout: New Vegas.

- Zelda story DLC showed off, adds some farming elements inexplicably.

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC pack! Waluigi Pinball and some other, less important tracks.

- This is where we should get some lovely info about the Virtual console launching imminently (to coincide with the release of a D-Pad joycon), alongside some unpleasant online subscription news.

- This is then washed down with 20 solid minutes of Super Mario Odyssey, they address the New Donk City humanoid controversy.

- Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay, followed by Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay, and a surprising delay to the latter title!

- Pokemon Stars is exactly what we all thought it was! Coming out this holiday

- Quick rundown of everything we've heard today, "But one more thing..."

- New Metroid game by Retro, from the 60 seconds or so we see it's everything we've hoped for. No other information is provided and we don't hear about it again for 9 months.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This and the other thread (the detective thread) really have weird people.

Be a smart consumer and don't get duped by marketing.

Not to mention buying a system for just one game isn't exactly a smart move.

And yet ironically showing off a game that will not come for 4 years/disappointment/not living the hype has a tendency to do what you just said.

People who think this will only be 2017 games:

How long do you think this Spotlight video will be? 30 minutes? 45 minutes? An hour? I'm leaning towards 45 minutes to an hour, since that's what their past E3 digital events have been.

If so, how do you expect them to fill 45 minutes to an hour with 2017 Switch games? There are two options as I see it-

1) There are a hell of a lot of 2017 Switch games that have yet to be announced. How can they spend 45 minutes to an hour on solely Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors?

2) They don't focus solely on 2017, and tease some 2018 Switch games as well. Like they did with Fire Emblem at the January event.

Would you really be disappointed with either of those two options?

well yeah I know but some people are saying that it might be and that that would be fine. It wouldn't be fine. it would be shit.

Most people saying that seem to be trying to rationalize the whole "only 2017" thing which isn't true to begin with. Let's not attack or defend something that isn't true to begin with.

oti

Banned
I hope you remember that the Treehouse streams last like 2 days and not an hour.

I do. I mean, this is what we want, right? Nintendo not wasting time on the 3DS in the "Direct" while we want to hear as much as possible about Switch. I'm sure there are better opportunities for the 3DS to shine and Treehouse is one of them. Nintendo also held a 2DS XL event with a bunch of 3DS games a few days ago too.

Atheerios

Huh. So the Spotlight won't have 3DS games... That's good. Wondering when they are announcing the Superstar Saga remake then.

butman

Nintendo fans will riot if this time Nintendo only focuses on Super Mario Odyssey like the E3 that the focus was only on BOTW and 3DS games.

Amir0x

Banned
Talk about the unexpected third-party rep, and how unexpected Cloud was, as he'd never appeared in a mainline Final Fantasy title on a Nintendo system...until now! Final Fantasy VII Remake announced for Switch
:

I mean think this through logically. FFXV barely runs at a stable framerate on PS4. It's bursting at the seams with its resolution and framerate. How in God's name will they deliver FFVIIRemake without the mother of all downgrades? I would fear to see what remained of the title after they got done stripping it in order to get it to a workable framerate. It's probably best they get unique exclusive titles from Square like Octopath instead of dealing with that controversy :p

Top Bottom