• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

joedick

I thought they said 3DS shop updates on Thursdays, but games will be announced on Mondays. I'll see if I can find the info.

EDIT:

Nintendo is also changing when it releases eShop games. It will now send out the newsrelease announcing new games on Mondays, but release the games on Thursdays. This will give gamers some heads-up as to what new software is arriving and give indie developers a window to do some promotion.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/06/nintendo-3ds-eshop-launch/#more-35595

http://nintendoeverything.com/67275/

PR said:
Sometimes you just need to shake things up to keep them interesting. That’s especially true with the recent launch of the Nintendo eShop, a new virtual store that gives Nintendo 3DS™ users access to a wide variety of downloadable games and select content that can be viewed in 3D without the need for special glasses. To mark the debut of the Nintendo eShop – and provide consumers with a valuable one-stop showcase of all the latest downloadable content across Nintendo systems – the weekly Nintendo Download is about to get a makeover.

Starting June 16, the Nintendo Download will include information about the newest additions to the Nintendo eShop, including new 3D games, 3D Classics (select classic video games re-mastered in 3D), Virtual Console™ versions of games from the Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color systems, and hundreds of games originally offered via the Nintendo DSiWare™ service. What’s more, this modified weekly update will be posted Thursdays instead of Mondays, giving fans a heads-up on the latest offerings just in time for the weekend.

Loyal readers can rest assured that the Nintendo Download will continue to feature the latest items for the WiiWare™, Nintendo DSiWare and Wii Virtual Console services, highlighting the ever-growing variety of instantly downloadable games and entertainment for Nintendo systems. Likewise, content will continue to be added to the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop on a weekly basis, also on Thursdays.

Londa

Banned
thomaser said:
Agree. But I'd actually want a 3D Classics version of it. I think that's a game that could look really good in 3D vision.

well a 3D classic version would be my number one wish, but I'm trying to be humble in allowing a port VC release. I would love for them to put a online mode on it. I would buy it for 20 dollars day one if that happened.

BooJoh said:
Does the cash system even affect Japanese players at all? If I understand correctly, not only are their prices round numbers (500 yen instead of 499) but tax is included in the stated price. So for all intents and purposes, the switch from points to cash has no difference at all for Japanese users other than the word "yen" instead of "points," correct?

this is pretty much exactly true, yes, except that i can now add cash from my UK visa card (which either didn't work or never occurred to me on DSi)

mclem said:
3D Classics: Rad Racer. It *needs* to happen.
My god. I can already hear those awesome songs.

NES 3D Classics wishlist time!

Mega Man 1-6
SMB 1-3
Rad Racer
A Boy and His Blob
Blaster Master
Legendary Wings
Zelda 1-2
Castlevania 3

thomaser

Londa said:
well a 3D classic version would be my number one wish, but I'm trying to be humble in allowing a port VC release. I would love for them to put a online mode on it. I would buy it for 20 dollars day one if that happened.

Super Mario Kart SNES battle mode online is probably my most wanted/wished for online thing. It'll never happen, but if it did, I would happily pay $50 for it. Spent so much time on that battle mode back in the day...

The Lamonster said:
My god. I can already hear those awesome songs.

NES 3D Classics wishlist time!

Mega Man 1-6
SMB 1-3
Rad Racer
A Boy and His Blob
Blaster Master
Legendary Wings
Zelda 1-2
Castlevania 3

I hated Blaster Master but couldn't stop playing it.

Londa

Banned
thomaser said:
Super Mario Kart SNES battle mode online is probably my most wanted/wished for online thing. It'll never happen, but if it did, I would happily pay $50 for it. Spent so much time on that battle mode back in the day...

This is 100% how I feel. ;_;

GeekyDad

iamaustrian said:
thursday is right before weekend, the time peoplem play the most.
it makes sense to me

Makes sense to me too. But what doesn't make sense is Nintendo not getting the word out ahead of time about their upcoming releases. It's effectively free advertising to simply send out a press release that will undoubtedly get published by every gaming website, telling folks what they can expect in terms of downloads. The only reason I could see them not doing so would be that the content is uniformly bad.

yankee666

I want ANY SNES 3D classics from this list. Please Nintendo make it real (ASAP)

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island
Super Metroid
F-Zero
Mega Man 7
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country (1, 2 or 3)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Punch Out

ksamedi said:
Anyone else hoping for Double Dragon on the Gameboy? Really loved that game back in the day.
Yes, good memories of that game do I have.

Also SNES F-Zero in 3d needs to happen, the sooner the better.

Kirbyguy said:
Nothing has been said so far, although I'm willing to bet that we'll get Mega Man, Fortified Zone and Avenging Spirit for VC.
Oh dear god that would be amazing, all 3 games are awesome

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
yankee666 said:
I want ANY SNES 3D classics from this list. Please Nintendo make it real (ASAP)

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island
Super Metroid
F-Zero
Mega Man 7
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country (1, 2 or 3)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Punch Out

Oh God yes. This arouses me.

All I want is A Link to the Past 3D. Thats all. If I cant have that then I'll take the first Zelda for NES.

But seriously why have they not announced whats coming? They cant even announce whats coming on time....press releases always went out at 5AM PST for Monday downloads...so it should be the same for Thursday downloads if they are announcing them Monday.

Gameboy415

Heads up for anyone who wants to save some money on eShop credit:

Toys R Us has all video game point cards on sale for 15% off. (3DS/Wii/DS/XBOX/PS3)

$20 cards are $17 and the sale's on through Saturday, June 18.

I picked up 5 eShop cards and 5 Wii point cards myself.
They never seem to go on sale!

WiiRevolution1 said:
All I want is A Link to the Past 3D. Thats all. If I cant have that then I'll take the first Zelda for NES.

But seriously why have they not announced whats coming? They cant even announce whats coming on time....press releases always went out at 5AM PST for Monday downloads...so it should be the same for Thursday downloads if they are announcing them Monday.
It's hard to imagine how they would make the top-down Zeldas in 3D. The characters and objects would only be slightly raised above ground level, and nothing is ever flying at you or adding any kind of depth whatsoever. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love for them to try, though :)

confused said:
so what is everybody expecting the price to be for these 3D classiscs ?
$5.99 thats already confirmed. (atleast for NES/Arcade games)

I think Top Down Zelda with 3D would add alot of depth. Pretty sure they could get it to work but it would take alot of work. Plus if they were working on a Zelda 3D classic they probably would've said so at e3 Zelda 25th Anniversary part :(

Gameboy415 said:
Heads up for anyone who wants to save some money on eShop credit:

Toys R Us has all video game point cards on sale for 15% off. (3DS/Wii/DS/XBOX/PS3)

$20 cards are $17 and the sale's on through Saturday, June 18.

I picked up 5 eShop cards and 5 Wii point cards myself.
They never seem to go on sale!

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I might pick up a couple cards after work.

mclem

Kirbyguy said:
Nothing has been said so far, although I'm willing to bet that we'll get Mega Man, Fortified Zone and Avenging Spirit for VC.

Expecting three titles for VC strikes me as optimistic, but I guess there's a lot of games they can start wading through. I would suggest caution, though, in that every title so far has been a Nintendo-published one.

angelfly

mclem said:
Expecting three titles for VC strikes me as optimistic, but I guess there's a lot of games they can start wading through. I would suggest caution, though, in that every title so far has been a Nintendo-published one.
Well considering Japan is also getting three GB games this week I don't think it's being too optimistic.

UberTag

angelfly said:
Well considering Japan is also getting three GB games this week I don't think it's being too optimistic.
Holding onto any kind of expectations is too optimistic when Nintendo of America is involved.
If Japan is getting 3 classic GB games, all that means is we should consider ourselves lucky if we wind up with 2.

The Lamonster said:
I wish we knew what they were :/
Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda are sure bets imo. The other two could be anything, but I'm leaning towards Punch-Out! (good for 3D effect) and probably Dr. Mario (given Arika's history with the series). I think Xevious is the only 3rd party game for now, but we'll see mor in the next round probably.

Top Bottom