• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

I hate it how you can only add a minimum of £10 to the eShop. £4.60 left after Zelda will probably not be enough for a new 3D classic or GBC VC game. I don't know if that is because GBC games are pricey, or if they wanted a premium for Zelda. Either way it's bad and could have been avoidable if they just took the exact amount.

thomaser

Snaku said:
That seems like a really low number. I hope this shit doesn't devolve into what the Wii Shop has become.

They basically have to remake the games from scratch to make a 3D Classics-game, so six is a perfectly reasonable number to begin with.

I wonder what they are, though. We know about Excitebike and Xevious (are they included in these six?), and we know that they will NOT do a 3D Classics version of Tennis. They tried, but it wasn't very interesting, so they scrapped it. So at least four more. I think Punch-Out!! is a very good contender, with the perspective, exaggerated graphics and punches flying out of the screen. Zelda could also work well, since each screen is like peering down into a box. Ice Hockey, too. And Super Mario Kart!

Sigh.

Any chance a member from Europe can make a thread whinging about Nintendo's horrible treatment of EU/AUS 3DS users so far? It's now a week since E3 and... no E3 trailers. There's even crappy E3 reels on the Wii's Nintendo Channel, for fuck's sake.

But the E3 trailers. That are available in 3D. That I can only view in 3D on the 3DS. Are not available on my 3DS because NoE hates me.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for Xenoblade <3

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't think we're gonna get a release statement from NOE today.

(Also - still unable to login to the Nintendo site.)

BooJoh

WiiRevolution1 said:
$5.99 thats already confirmed. (atleast for NES/Arcade games)

I think Top Down Zelda with 3D would add alot of depth. Pretty sure they could get it to work but it would take alot of work. Plus if they were working on a Zelda 3D classic they probably would've said so at e3 Zelda 25th Anniversary part :(
I wouldn't write off LttP just yet. Miyamoto seems interested in the idea.
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/05/miyamoto_a_link_to_the_past_could_be_reworked_for_the_3ds

Londa said:
is there Mario Kart SNES on the virtual console? If not I would buy that game for 20 dollars. It is the superior Kart out of them all (at least for me it is).
3DS doesn't have SNES VC games at all. Only GB and GBC, with GG and TG16 confirmed for the future. If you were talking about Wii VC then yes I'm pretty sure Super Mario Kart is on there.

UberTag

BooJoh said:
3DS doesn't have SNES VC games at all. Only GB and GBC, with GG and TG16 confirmed for the future. If you were talking about Wii VC then yes I'm pretty sure Super Mario Kart is on there.
I don't get how they can rationalize including TG16 based on the existence of the Turbo Express but then not include Genesis titles which had a portable home of their own in the Sega Nomad. (And it's ironic that all of these platforms will have games priced more expensive than NEO GEO titles that once retailed for $100+ on the PSP Go.)

Erekiddo

BooJoh said:
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/05/miyamoto_a_link_to_the_past_could_be_reworked_for_the_3ds

I was going to say...

Since when were SNES games confirmed for 3DS VC?

Zelda: Four Swords was confirmed for DSi Ware. Only Nintendo DSi's can download these? (Never owned one)

itxaka

Defeatist
So has anyone else being unable to add funds to the eshop? It just refuses my debit card, which I don't have issues to use anywhere else :(

BooJoh

NeoNess said:
I was going to say...

Since when were SNES games confirmed for 3DS VC?
As much as everyone would want SNES VC on 3DS, I just don't see it happening unless it's much later in the system's life. Currently anything that would sell significant numbers is probably being reviewed/considered for 3D Classics, and most other stuff would probably sell less than their Wii VC counterparts.
NeoNess said:
Zelda: Four Swords was confirmed for DSi Ware. Only Nintendo DSi's can download these? (Never owned one)
3DS can download DSiWare as well, it just plays in DS mode (so either stretched/blurred to fit the screen, or reduced size for 1:1 pixel mode.) For a free game you can pretty much bank on it being a direct port of the GBA Four Swords from the GBA LttP, and probably local multiplayer only.

GeekyDad

itxaka said:
So has anyone else being unable to add funds to the eshop? It just refuses my debit card, which I don't have issues to use anywhere else :(

I haven't personally, but I have been reading reports on various sites saying some folks are having credit-card issues on eShop. However, those folks are saying their cards are being charged but the money isn't showing up on the shop. So, you may want to check your statement.

Gameboy415 said:
Heads up for anyone who wants to save some money on eShop credit:

Toys R Us has all video game point cards on sale for 15% off. (3DS/Wii/DS/XBOX/PS3)

$20 cards are $17 and the sale's on through Saturday, June 18.

I picked up 5 eShop cards and 5 Wii point cards myself.
They never seem to go on sale!

I have an used 2000 Nintendo Points card that I have no use for (can be used on DSi or Wii shops). I'm willing to trade it for a $15 Amazon Gift Certificate (or your best offer). You email/PM me the GC and I'll email/PM you back the code from the card, no shipping.

If I had a DSi I could use the points to buy DSiWare and transfer them to my 3DS I guess, but I don't have a DSi. And I don't want anything from Wii Virtual Console right now. So if anyone is interested PM me.

sfried

Just downloaded Green Latern trailer.

At first you notice the compression artifacts but then in the middle of the trailer (where lots of complex stuff is being shown) it gets noticably sharper and better. Something tells me they could improve their compression algorithm more.

itxaka

Defeatist
GeekyDad said:
I haven't personally, but I have been reading reports on various sites saying some folks are having credit-card issues on eShop. However, those folks are saying their cards are being charged but the money isn't showing up on the shop. So, you may want to check your statement.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu.

Thanks man, will check ASAP.

EDIT: Holy shit, it's that. I got at least 5 charges from nintendo for around 60€ but nothing on the eshop. Thank you again man, wouldn't have noticed!

BooJoh

The Mana Legend said:
Super Mario Bros. 2 (US) already has the greatest credits music in a Mario game. Super Mario Land is nothing.
Mario 2's credits music was great, but honestly I'd put SML, SMW, and Mario 64 all above that, and that's without including side-series games like Mario Kart 64 and SMRPG.

The Lamonster said:
It's hard to imagine how they would make the top-down Zeldas in 3D. The characters and objects would only be slightly raised above ground level, and nothing is ever flying at you or adding any kind of depth whatsoever. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love for them to try, though :)
I imagine Zelda 1 in 3d will look something like this
Zelda3d.jpg

The screen titled slightly to make things looked raised and moving the slider will change the angle like in Excite Bike

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I hate it how you can only add a minimum of £10 to the eShop. £4.60 left after Zelda will probably not be enough for a new 3D classic or GBC VC game. I don't know if that is because GBC games are pricey, or if they wanted a premium for Zelda. Either way it's bad and could have been avoidable if they just took the exact amount.
Theres some pretty good budget priced DSiWare if you have a look, if you got points remaining I suggest pick up Pop Island Paperfield and Aura Aura Climber. Both 200 points (not sure how much on the eShop) and lots of fun.

BooJoh said:
People are more talking about SNES games being remade in 3d for the 3d classics. I'm sure they said they would be redoing some SNES games as well.

And when they do start with SNES games, after they have done F-Zero I demand they do this
axelay-1.gif

Axelay in 3d would be amazing. Heck I think most games that make heavy use of Mode7 could look stunning in 3d.

K444WSR

I second the call for axelay to be 3d-ified. The 2nd stage boss and lava boss will look amazing. My favorite shooter by far closely followed by un squadron. Do it nintendo.

BooJoh

F-Zero would just be spectacular on 3D Classics, and I really hope they consider it despite them having ignored the series for an entire generation now. The game already had great depth with the perspective view and multiple layers, just imagine how it'll look when the track really is floating high above the city.

I only wish the SNES version had some tracks in the vein of the Lightning courses on GBA with their see-through track.
http://youtu.be/sIGuIYFI_q8

I wonder if it's too much to hope for some N64 3D Classics eventually.

K444WSR said:
I second the call for axelay to be 3d-ified. The 2nd stage boss and lava boss will look amazing. My favorite shooter by far closely followed by un squadron. Do it nintendo.
I really hope we see alot of Vertical SHMUPs get 3dified, stuff like Twinbee, Salamander and so on would just look amazing.
BooJoh said:
I wonder if it's too much to hope for some N64 3D Classics eventually.
Given they are remaking 2 N64 games for retail I think its more likely they will remake more N64 games and release them in store then go the eshop route.

Londa

Banned
BooJoh said:

This is a 3DS thread not a Wii thread. Go sit down, now. I can wish for SNES on the 3DS. It isn't harming anyone, and people agreed that Mario Kart should be on it.

BooJoh

Londa said:
This is a 3DS thread not a Wii thread. Go sit down, now. I can wish for SNES on the 3DS. It isn't harming anyone, and people agreed that Mario Kart should be on it.
Way to get all defensive for no reason. You asked a question and I answered it.

Londa

Banned
BooJoh said:
Way to get all defensive for no reason. You asked a question and I answered it.

I didn't ask if there was Mario Kart SNES on the VC for Wii (why would I ask about Wii games in here, Sherlock). You can sit down now.

I find it odd that videos for DSiWare games do not always connect to the game information pages.

So far, got Pokedex 3D, 3D Classics: Excitebike, Super Mario Land, Legend of Zelda: LADX, PiCTOBiTS, Shantae and am now experimenting with the cheaper stuff like 10 Second Run.

d0c_zaius

Londa said:
I didn't ask if there was Mario Kart SNES on the VC for Wii (why would I ask about Wii games in here, Sherlock). You can sit down now.

You are really cool for telling people to sit down (especially those actually responding to your post). Please keep it up, and yes I'm already sitting.

As for discussing the actual topic, I'm patiently waiting for thursday, but it would have been nice if they didn't wait until the last minute to announce the change.

Luigi87 said:
By the by, is Dr. Mario on DSiWare worth the investment? As in is it full of the Dr. Mario goodness of the franchise?
I found it to be pretty good just like the version I used to play on Game Boy back in the day. I think it's the DSiware game I've spent the most time on just due to the pick and playness of it.

Picked up Tetris Party on DSiware yesterday surprised how easy to get an online game it is. Might check out DSiware Bomberman next and see if people are still playing that.

BooJoh

Luigi87 said:
By the by, is Dr. Mario on DSiWare worth the investment? As in is it full of the Dr. Mario goodness of the franchise?
I don't actually own it, but from what I've seen it looks like a standard Dr. Mario game without any extra bells and whistles.

Londa said:
You asked if Mario Kart SNES was on VC. Figuring it was pretty common knowledge that 3DS VC is only handheld systems atm, I thought perhaps you were slightly off-topic, seeing as Wii VC and 3DS VC are both named... *gasp* Virtual Console. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, not trying to make you look stupid. But bravo on achieving that for yourself.

BTW I've been sitting this whole time, but if you could stand up and walk away from your PC that'd be just lovely.

Londa

Banned
BooJoh said:
I don't actually own it, but from what I've seen it looks like a standard Dr. Mario game without any extra bells and whistles.

You asked if Mario Kart SNES was on VC. Figuring it was pretty common knowledge that 3DS VC is only handheld systems atm, I thought perhaps you were slightly off-topic, seeing as Wii VC and 3DS VC are both named... *gasp* Virtual Console. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, not trying to make you look stupid. But bravo on achieving that for yourself.

BTW I've been sitting this whole time, but if you could stand up and walk away from your PC that'd be just lovely.

Both are named VC, correct. Now what thread am I posting in? a 3DS thread. So how am I off-topic again since the 3DS has a virtual console? What is stopping the 3DS from having SNES games? nothing. herp derp. You are sitting down, congrats. Now how does your face feel when I tell you that its a saying and not to be taken literal?

BooJoh

Londa said:
What is stopping the 3DS from having SNES games?
Nintendo.

Londa said:
Now how does your face feel when I tell you that its a saying and not to be taken literal?
Kind of tingly. I think I've reached some sort of transcendental bliss. Thank you so much!

BooJoh

Gravijah said:
I want a Classics in 3D version of Super Mario Kart. Thanks.
I would totally buy it too. I'm sort of glad there's no SNES VC yet because I feel like that would have a detrimental effect on the number of titles considered for 3D Classics. I can play Super Mario Kart on SNES or Wii VC in 2D, but only on 3D Classics could I play it in 3D.

BDGAME said:
Brought Shantae. Looks good, but now I want to play the first game (I never played it).
I'm in this boat too... hopefully WayForward's strong DSiWare support points to a good chance of Shantae on VC.

BDGAME

BooJoh said:
I would totally buy it too. I'm sort of glad there's no SNES VC yet because I feel like that would have a detrimental effect on the number of titles considered for 3D Classics. I can play Super Mario Kart on SNES or Wii VC in 2D, but only on 3D Classics could I play it in 3D.

I'm in this boat too... hopefully WayForward's strong DSiWare support points to a good chance of Shantae on VC.

Let's hope.This and a sequel for 3DS or '3DSware'.

GeekyDad

BDGAME said:
[Bought] Shantae. Looks good, but now I want to play the first game (I never played it).

Ha, ha...yeah, I was feeling the same way after just a short time playing it. I hope the original makes it to the VC. Risky's Revenge, though, is a gorgeous game, and I've been having a good time with it.

So I assume Nintendo would rather make 3D classics instead of a GBA VC?

Would love to see the Super Mario Advanced games turned into 3D classics along with Zelda and the two Metroid games.

That's really all I need!

angelfly

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So I assume Nintendo would rather make 3D classics instead of a GBA VC?

Would love to see the Super Mario Advanced games turned into 3D classics along with Zelda and the two Metroid games.

That's really all I need!
I don't doubt we'll see GBA games make their way to the eshop in both normal and 3D classic format. I'd also love if they got Virtual Boy games on their as well complete with 3D.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've written this article about the eShop and sent off a question to Nintendo Australia, done all I can folks.

It's complete crap really.

Why is always the small media outlets who complain and ask the questions that need to be asked? Oh that's right! Because big sites like getting free stuff!

VOOK said:
I've written this article about the eShop and sent off a question to Nintendo Australia, done all I can folks.

Why is always the small media outlets who complain and ask the questions that need to be asked? Oh that's right! Because big sites like getting free stuff!
You are not missing out on much, the trailers take forever to download, it's not worth it for something you will watch once, and chances are have already seen in 2d on the web.

Mega Man

Sorry if this question has already been asked but, does anyone know when the Mega Man 2 3D classic is being released (roughly)? and is there a list of known 3D classics coming out?

backlot

Mega Man said:
Sorry if this question has already been asked but, does anyone know when the Mega Man 2 3D classic is being released (roughly)? and is there a list of known 3D classics coming out?
I don't think that game has ever been announced. Just wished for.

VOOK said:

And thats why I got a US 3DS :D

And I think the trailers are a big deal, I'm more hyped for these games now I've seen how good they look in 3d. Heck even Starfox which I wasn't overly pumped for has me mega hyped.

M3d10n

sfried said:
Just downloaded Green Latern trailer.

At first you notice the compression artifacts but then in the middle of the trailer (where lots of complex stuff is being shown) it gets noticably sharper and better. Something tells me they could improve their compression algorithm more.
The trailers range between 20 and 30 Mbytes. There's not much that can be done without making them larger (I'm sure Nintendo is using these to profile the users' download speed).

futnownarcade said:
You are not missing out on much, the trailers take forever to download, it's not worth it for something you will watch once, and chances are have already seen in 2d on the web.
Speak for yourself. Every trailer I've downloaded (which is most of them) has taken no more than 2 minutes. It's also the single best way to get an accurate impression of a 3DS title.

Top Bottom