• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo flirted with a Hyrule Wars game, alien invasions, and Biker Link before BOTW

Anteo

6OE7pEsQ3DHtc2k7P5RZ2xXH2c1wK.jpg

EDarkness

I'd be there for biker Link. Sounds like a cool idea. Link riding across country kickin' ass and collecting tri-force pieces. Day one, folks!

This also reminds me of that Iwata Asks for Link's Crossbow Training, where before they remembered that crossbows exist, Miyamoto suggested that Link have a Terminator-style time travel that took him into the future where he could have a gun.

Fj0823

I kinda like the idea of a modern era Legend of Zelda.

The designs look ok, maybe a bit more work and less in your face.

Aliens are fine, the biker/guitar look is bad.

Unless they go full in on making the premise and world stupid in that it's terrible.

Weren't alien already present in Ocarina of Time (or was it Majora Mask)? Complete with cow abduction if I just didn't have a bad trip

Shaanyboi

Banned
why Hyrule "Wars"? because of star wars or something?
Because it's probably the most generic title they could come up with?

Same with that 'Legend of Zelda: Invasion' image. Tell me that doesn't sound like the most comically generic go-to if you were to make fun of the idea?

maxcriden

Very interesting and makes a lot of sense given Aonuma's previous comments from a couple years back about how he's been thinking about what conventions of Zelda can be challenged and whether the game could take place in a futuristic world, plus the futuristic tech we've seen in some recent Zelda games. Not to mention Miyamoto's original conception of the triforce as technological.

Sou Da

This also reminds me of that Iwata Asks for Link's Crossbow Training, where before they remembered that crossbows exist, Miyamoto suggested that Link have a Terminator-style time travel that took him into the future where he could have a gun.

How did you miss the splatoon character in the comic?

AdanVC

DAMN!!! That Invasion concept with the huge UFO on the sky sounds awesome! I really hope they go with something like that for the next Zelda game. I love aliens and UFO stuff.

I don't understand what Hyrule Wars would be.

But the alien invasion thing is awful, and the weird biker thing would've killed the series lol. Based on the reaction to BotW so far, it sounds like they settled on exactly the right path... thank Christ.

Alrus

Thank god somebody on the team had the sense to realize that Biker Link was an awful idea. Straight up from the late 90s/early 00s.

Dreavus

Invasion looks like a cool idea.

Reminds me of Twilight Princess actually with the Twilight Realm invading Hyrule.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
As an artist and someone who appreciates others' art, the worst feeling is someone describing your creative and fresh idea as "something made while high"

Top Bottom