• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NYC store twitter: [jay leno monologue voice] you heard about the sness?

what do you say when you want to sound like a hayseed

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is it....

NeoGAF will fall on this day. The day of days.

It was as predicted...

WITNESS

tumblr_n0wj61hing1slihoujx.gif

Just the gaming side.

Gartooth

Its not the sness and not the S.N.E.S., its the Super Nintendo. I don't own a library of games called Sness Metroid and Sness Punch-Out for crying out loud!

The twitter account probably just confused Ness with Ninten. So Ninten on the Super Nintendo.

I watched TV and advertisements.

In the UK.

Give me a single UK tv or radio ad that called it SNEZ and we can at least agree that NoE is at fault. Otherwise I'm just going to assume you tea drinkers messed up and refuse to admit fault.

You guys didn't even like the SNES.

this is JOSH himself, in the official 1994 Product Demonstration Program

"16-bit Super N.E.S."

there it is

when it comes to the premier gaming console of the early 90s: are you going to trust Josh, who has a backwards baseball cap, or some dastardly bastardly millennial social media manager who tweets week old memes between killing off industries

Super N-E-S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=red8EG35G6I

There's a whole lot of Nintendo Power preview videos where they spell it Super NES and pronounce it Super N-E-S.

THANK YOU

I KNEW there had to be some advertisement or something that actually said it. I feel like I can even vaguely remember some from my youth. It was either Super Nintendo Entertainment System or Super En Ee Ess. Thank you both for doing the legwork and bringing in the heavy artillery.

Alright, litmus test: how do you pronounce AT-ST?

Correct answers:

AT-ST=A.T.S.T.
AT-AT=A.T.A.T.

Having said that, I'm willing to compromise. There's one scenario where Snez is ok and that's if you call a N.E.S. a Nez. I DEMAND CONSISTENCY

Phu

Banned
Nintendo won't even recognize 'wiimote' you really think they're an authority to trust for Nintendo product names?

UwewZEI.jpg

my friend took time out from simultaneously launching a AAA game and having a baby to make sure that everyone was set straight here

Alright, litmus test: how do you pronounce AT-ST?

Correct answers:

AT-ST=A.T.S.T.
AT-AT=A.T.A.T.

Having said that, I'm willing to compromise. There's one scenario where Snez is ok and that's if you call a N.E.S. a Nez. I DEMAND CONSISTENCY

People who call them At Ats bug the shit out of me for this reason. What do you call all the other machines then??? Why is the AT-AT special VS the dozens of other AT-vehicles?

Yarbskoo

Ness amiibo
Voiced by Makiko Ōmoto
Officially confirmed alongside Falco and Wario
Has the most powerful back throw
It's pronounced "Super Nintendo"

PikkonX

I never heard the "sness" stuff until the last three years or so. Literally everyone I knew growing up and now has always called it "Super Nintendo".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally always pronounced SNES like Ness, and treated it as an acronym and not a initialism. It's either Super Nintendo or Snes for me.

Top Bottom